Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Just saw on TV Pfizer is advertising for 5-11 year olds at the Univ of Mo for covid trials. Would you offer your youngsters for a test to see effects?

Reactions: 1 users

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Good post@jchonline. However, I would say that not all hospitals are overridden with C19 cases. I live near Dartmouth Hitchcock medical center, which is a major player in the Northern New England area. They have never been without enough beds. Scare tactics have been used to try to use fear to motivate vaccination.

That said, it seems this virus will just need to run its course, like other major illnesses have in the past. The notion that so-called breakthrough cases are rare is false; data from the UK and Israel shows something vastly different. With policies of not testing vaccinated people for the most part, while heavily testing unvaccinated people, the results are skewed. And finally, in a 10 month period, the US has recorded more deaths in 2021 compared to 2020, despite 2021 being the year vaccines were available. Clearly, all the measures imposed are not having a significant effect, and frankly, neither are the vaccines, in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 users

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Problem is it turns political because people on either side of topic claim the other side is lying.
I don't see it as lying, just as irresponsible to not get vaccinated when it helps everyone. But... some are selfish, and everything is about them; not what's good for the country. Yeah... real patriots my a ss...

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
You are free to go unmasked if you so choose. And others are free to refuse service, or prohibit your entry if they so choose. You are free to decide not to get vaccinated if you so choose. And others are free to consider your unvaccinated self a pariah if they so choose. Don't complain about losing your freedoms just because someone else exercises theirs.
BEST RESONSE YET !

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I don't see it as lying, just as irresponsible to not get vaccinated when it helps everyone. But... some are selfish, and everything is about them; not what's good for the country. Yeah... real patriots my a ss...
Please explain why getting vaccinated "helps everyone." We know that after being vaccinated, you can still become infected and transmit the virus. We know vaccinated individuals, when they do become infected, carry a higher viral load than an unvaccinated person in the same situation.

What's good for the country is to maintain individual liberty. Perhaps you don't see it now, but maybe someday you will. Restricting freedom based upon alleged public health emergencies is a very slippery slope we don't want to ever traverse again.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Please explain why getting vaccinated "helps everyone." We know that after being vaccinated, you can still become infected and transmit the virus. We know vaccinated individuals, when they do become infected, carry a higher viral load than an unvaccinated person in the same situation.
I don't think that is correct. Do you have a reference about vaccinated individuals having a higher viral load, presumably in the nasal cavity? I have the impression that even infected vaccinated individuals are LESS likely to transmit infection to others? It is not zero, but unless the vaccinated individuals are indulging in risky behavior, shouldn't be more?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
BTW, calling people liars is counterproductive. In 30 or 40 years we find out who really was right. It takes a long time to gather data and determine what the right course of action should have been. The 'science' that people are following has been interpreted by humans and may be slanted to their way of thinking.

I think a great book to read is 'State of Fear' by Chrichton.

I also think that the 24 hours news stations are going to do this country in. They feed the flames and I don't always agree with their interpretation of the facts. I watched some of the hearings and then the reports of what happened at those hearings and wondered if the reporters actually listened to what was said.

That being said, I don't use the word liars. Just my $0.02
Does falsehood spreaders sound better?

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just thought this interesting. Heard it on the radio the other day.

Not intended for/against any issues at hand.

Coronavirus Antibodies Detected in Wild White-Tailed Deer in Several U.S. States | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

Almost 30 years ago, got a call from an MD out of our area asking if there were Rabid Deer in my County?

I said could be, but rare. We had a shit-ton of rabid raccoons in those days....

Had to ask why the question?!?!?

Long-story-short, he was treating a patient that harvested a deer in my area a year+ before. 🦌

Took it home and ate it....then got thinking about Rabies, to the point he had to have some psychiatric help....including psychotropic medications.

I told the MD that the chances of rabies for the hunter was about zilch, zero, 0, nein, nil, negatory, etc.

I also told the MD that sometimes post-exposure rabies prophylaxis were administered for perceived exposures, and mental health purposes.....

The hunter did receive the post-exposure prophylaxis.

About the same time, a local dirtbag I knew said he was bitten by a Northern Pike while fishing....asked me if he was exposed to rabies?!?!?!:eek::eek:

Told him he was gonna die.....Northern Pike Rabies is the worst....🦈 😳🤪

As much as I didn't want to, I did assure him the pike won't give him Rabies.....😉

We have lots of hunters here.....Don't let a dead deer cough on you this season........ 😉

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
As I have said from the start. Everything they have done has been intended to PROLONG the outbreak. First time in history we tried to hide from the flu. Corona has been around over 400 years, we have dealt with it many times and most people don't even know it.

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains

What's good for the country is to maintain individual liberty. Perhaps you don't see it now, but maybe someday you will. Restricting freedom based upon alleged public health emergencies is a very slippery slope we don't want to ever traverse again.
Dude... you lost your Liberty when the Patriot Act was passed...

TomGT350

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC
Aug 20, 2021
Maryland
Lol, that was just a fun example. I consider myself to be a Ford guy; had more Super Duty trucks than any other brand. But I've recently switched to RAM / Cummins trucks and I think I like them a tad more. (Still have one Super Duty still, an old 6.0L even! It's making money for me, so I keep it around.) I also have an older GMC one ton which has been very good with a gas 6.0L.
I knew that I recognized your user name from FTE. You gave me some great advice over there regarding Dually's & F-450's. I remember that you bought a Ram.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I loved the "Let'um Die Thread" , as many have said there is an option to dieing from Covid. If you don't trust it then thats your right. You had the option.

D

Deleted member 47704

Forget the virus conspiracy, what about how they now know their UBI experiment was a success?

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I don't think that is correct. Do you have a reference about vaccinated individuals having a higher viral load, presumably in the nasal cavity? I have the impression that even infected vaccinated individuals are LESS likely to transmit infection to others? It is not zero, but unless the vaccinated individuals are indulging in risky behavior, shouldn't be more?
Here is a link to the Oxford study. I think to clarify, the study showed vaccinated health care workers were carrying 251 times the viral load of people infected with the original 2020 virus, which would have been unvaccinated people. My statement is misleading because the study did not test unvaccinated people in the same setting to determine if they, too would have had the greater viral load, especially with the Delta version. However, it does conclude that even a vaccinated person with the Delta variant is far more likely to spread the illness than an unvaccinated person infected last year, so the notion of the vaccine helping not spread the virus is false. Further, the study showed long periods of PCR positivity, up to 21 days from the time of diagnosis, and low levels of vaccine-produced antibodies.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I knew that I recognized your user name from FTE. You gave me some great advice over there regarding Dually's & F-450's. I remember that you bought a Ram.
Do you have a GT350? I see your username implies that. I also have a 2020 Mustang GT 6MT; love it. GT350 would be even more fun, but I'm content with my car.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Dude... you lost your Liberty when the Patriot Act was passed...
When the Patriot Act passed, I wasn't quite to voting age, so even though I generally liked GWB, I had no say in it.

That said, its easy to see how evil often stems from something that on its face, appears to be good. At the time, the public had seen 9/11, and never wanted a repeat of that. We were told it was important to essentially spy on certain people, and that regular citizens would never be a target. Most people felt that was reasonable, especially after the shock of 9/11. We sure were duped, and government has become far too powerful. The ubiquity of technology has aided the government greatly...

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
My wife got the vaccination on Mar. 31 and she's been regretting it every day since. Been to the dermatologist about a dozen times, rheumatologist 3 times. Both doctors are communicating with each other and now have an appointment at Univ of Kansas Hospital because they work with covid adverse conditions apparently.

The lab took blood for an antibodies test. Came back IgG was 5126, but I couldn't get an explanation of the number. When I called the lab I was told the ordering Dr. and to give that information. Finally found the information on a wed site in New Delhi. https://www.1mg.com/labs/test/covid-antibody-igg-33531

She has blistered skin. Some has dried and pealed some. Scalp dry, itching, hair falling out, any sunlight sets her on fire. She's allergic to virtually every cleaning product that was in the house, and the preservative in make up and laundry soap, and was allergic to nothing before. She's said several times she'd be better of with covid.

Here's a Dr. with some lab work showing what the vaccine did to one of his patients. https://www.bitchute.com/video/JuAeHlggjoBA/

What's amazing is a nurse in each Dr's office boldly told us they'd quit before taking the shot. Even the tech who did her breast exam said the same thing. There common comment is, "With all this stuff we've seen lately.......I'm not taking it."

• Sad

Blue280z

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 1, 2020
Canada
"What are your thoughts on dealing with friends and family who think this way, or even the general public that we interact with? "

You must appreciate that all have had different experiences to form their ideas and judgement on matters.

I believe that if someone is "not smart enough to know they are not smart enough" then you have no chance of an informative conversation where ideas are put forward and discussed. Only pleasantries can be exchanged.

When looking at the world today, there are so many staunchly set in their extreme beliefs that societiy now has a bipolar disorder and can not evolve. It is just squabbling by people who are not smart enough to know they are not smart enough.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
"What are your thoughts on dealing with friends and family who think this way, or even the general public that we interact with? "

You must appreciate that all have had different experiences to form their ideas and judgement on matters.

I believe that if someone is "not smart enough to know they are not smart enough" then you have no chance of an informative conversation where ideas are put forward and discussed. Only pleasantries can be exchanged.

When looking at the world today, there are so many staunchly set in their extreme beliefs that societiy now has a bipolar disorder and can not evolve. It is just squabbling by people who are not smart enough to know they are not smart enough.
Manly doctors are included in not knowing what to do. In a few years when society looks back, what we know now is nothing compared to what we will know as fact then.

Status
Not open for further replies.