How mad should I be?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
This whole thread reminds me of society today. People want it now, they want a quality product but don't want to pay for it and they want as much 'free stuff' as possible.

None of those things go together. My suggestion to the op is to man up and learn to handle things yourself.

I got a charge out of the steering wheel and the drunk comment. Me thinks you are inebriated if you think a steering wheel is on backwards. There is no backwards with hydrostat steering.

Thread is too funny but oh so true.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
This whole thread reminds me of society today. People want it now, they want a quality product but don't want to pay for it and they want as much 'free stuff' as possible.

None of those things go together. My suggestion to the op is to man up and learn to handle things yourself.

I got a charge out of the steering wheel and the drunk comment. Me thinks you are inebriated if you think a steering wheel is on backwards. There is no backwards with hydrostat steering.

Thread is too funny but oh so true.

Yep. And what I always say to our service writers is you can have it done right or you can have it done now, but you cant have it right now.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flip this statement, "Salesman like all salesmen is FOS." is just as hilarious as the backward steering wheel.

Everybody who speaks is a salesman. You're selling something every time you open your mouth, text, or look at someone. Some better then other, but we all do it. So your statement applies to everyone!!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip this statement, "Salesman like all salesmen is FOS." is just as hilarious as the backward steering wheel.

Everybody who speaks is a salesman. You're selling something every time you open your mouth, text, or look at someone. Some better then other, but we all do it. So your statement applies to everyone!!
Never looked at it that way but I will say, at my dealer, the owner is the only salesman and he's so laid back, never seen him 'sell' anyone anything. Just goes with the flow. Sells a lot of units too but I suspect their big money maker is their shop. Always busy except in January and February. When I try to schedule anything I need to have done in the shop.

Mgrantorser

Equipment
b2301, la435
Jul 24, 2020
terrace bc
Yep. And what I always say to our service writers is you can have it done right or you can have it done now, but you cant have it right now.
The whole point of the thread is they didn't do it right. And they didn't do it right now (I'm the op). Why on earth should I not be compensated for the time I wasted fixing an improperly assembled new product. I am paying the dealership to put the tractor together. That is part of what they cost, and why they don't come disassembled in a box. Also, re the steering wheel, I now know hydrostats don't have a set point, but this is why I want my tractor properly assembled by the dealership. Im new to this. Also, they put the loader together wrong and forgot two of the bolts holding the ROPS on. Why would it be surprising if the steering wheel was put on wrong. Are those screw up's not enough to question at least competence if not sobriety?

Anyhow, the dealership made it right. They sent me the bolts and I installed them. I was going to assemble my mower and blower to save pdi. They're going to do that, and at the same time have the head tech go through the machine top to bottom. They're also throwing in all the materials for the first few services to compensate for my time. I really am surprised that so many of the folks who commented don't place more value on their time (as evidenced by accepting that they will have to fix a new machine without compensation).

Reactions: 2 users

Mgrantorser

Equipment
b2301, la435
Jul 24, 2020
terrace bc
Tractors are not like cars, in that the "dealer" puts it together.

CUT's are assembled from a crated "kit". Not only are the kits needed to be assembled, all the mods you ordered with the machine needs to be configured as well.

When I bought mine in Dec. I wanted a quick delivery if possible. The dealer (knowing I was 90 minutes away) asked if I was comfortable with a wrench to tighten up something if it is loose. I said sure, why? He said if I said no, it would be another couple days because the dealer has ANOTHER tech go through the whole tractor before delivery.

He said they do this for most "new" tractor owners as well. He said they rarely catch something bad, but there is ALWAYS something that gets caught. It costs them another couple hours labor for a tech, but they rarely deliver a machine with an obvious issue.

This is one "first world" issue I would never sweat. I feel blessed to own my 25K machine.
See as someone new to tractors and new to working on them myself this seems like the basic level of service that is acceptable, especially when paying retail. It may seem crazy, but I'm paying for them to assemble the tractor, and I expect it to be done right.

LostMy65

Equipment
None
Jul 27, 2020
Beavercreek Oregon
I thought the comments that implied you were unreasonable were troll like. You paid for something and you didn't get what you paid for. It was the responsibility of the dealer to make it right.
I'm glad to hear they are.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Sounds like they are making you a 'happy customer' , which IS what they want, especially in today's INSTANT 'social media' connections.....
I don't know how good online parts places like Messicks(sp) are but usually the drawings have all the nuts/bolts/thingambobs shown.... usually you can right mouse click and save the 'picture' onto your PC for later looking or printing out....
Hopefully the 'teething issues' have been ironed out ! I'm lucky as I'm 10 minutes away from my dealer and wouldn't like a 4hr( 2 there,2 back) to pickup a couple of bolts !!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The statement marked in red seems to be a bit braggadocios, and overstatement of the truth. The shop may charge the customer $80, but that amount does not all go to the tech. Now, truth be known, the salesman would probably go to work in the shop if he was paid $80 and hour!!
Sign me up, 👍👍👍 I'll take my time, milk it for 1.5 hours instead and still make a killing 😊😊😊😊😊

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: steering wheel logo....
I looked at mine and it was 'off', so.... I popped the 'K' cap and reinstalled 120* CW. Now it's better....
Kinda wonder why it was off to the left... maybe I make more left turns than right ones ???

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
This seems to be a common problem. Did Kubota leave a line out of one version of the dealer-prep instructions?

My l2501 front dif was full.. i think the bx series are made in Georgia? And the L series in Japan? Could be wrong