How mad should I be?

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
This seems to be a common problem. Did Kubota leave a line out of one version of the dealer-prep instructions?
From what I gather, there is no systematic method of prepping equipment at many of these places....which is apparent at my dealership. It all depends on chance it seems on how good the personnel are. Sort of like my work place and just about all work places, you have good people and some that are absolute screw-ups, and it is never corrected by management. My salesman, when he dropped off my zero turn a couple or so weeks ago said they just hired a guy (Ex-Navy) that actually is reading the manuals. So, yeah, they have prep manuals, they just don't follow them. I find this somewhat troubling that Kubota makes such a superior product IMO, but they seem to be so lax in the QA/QC department when it comes to these matters we are discussing.

On a side note, my mower was not perfect from the dealer, even though the salesman said they went over everthing. I discovered under and overinflated tires, grease zerks not greased, some terribly overgreased with grease everyhwhere and wiring for my overheat horn not plugged in and dangling on the deck.

My l2501 front dif was full.. i think the bx series are made in Georgia? And the L series in Japan? Could be wrong
Makes sense somewhat as to why the Ls are being delivered low on diff oil. (Of course, it is not a good excuse or acceptable though.) I figured the differential is shipped with minimal oil from Japan for obvious reasons. This seems to be all too common and Kubota needs to re-think this for the dummies that cannot think to check/top off the oil at the dealership. A big bright sticker saying to fill perhaps?

Reactions: 1 user