How are borders controlled on a body of water?

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
What’s color have to do with it?

Myself, I think I’m pretty much on the pink side…
What color has to do with it is that most men aren't attracted to men in pink while men in pink find any man attractive.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What color has to do with it is that most men aren't attracted to men in pink while men in pink find any man attractive.
LOL… I was referring to my natural color, not the clothing covering it. I feel blessed that most men aren’t attracted to it for sure! 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Now that's funny however I think our great leader here is still in the closet over that one.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Inquiring minds want to know.............. :LOL:

True Story:

So, there we are about 15 miles offshore,120 miles from home, in Erieau Canada and we are hammering the Walleye. I am sorting through the live well, weighing the fish, and keeping the fattest ones for the tourney weigh in.

At one point we had 4 fish on at the same time …..Awesome day….

Then we hooked a Laker off the downrigger…… I get this thing into the boat, get it unhooked and tossed it back. I hate those greasy slimy bastards.

Well, I bend over the gunwale to wash the “Laker slime” off my hands and ‘bloop’

I see my red Bic lighter going down, so I immediately tried to “reach for it”…..

Well, when I did that, I see this other “shiny thing” drop out of my shirt pocket….

MY KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh F*&**&&^^&&*(*&^^^&*(*(& Mother*(())&^%%^&**(*(((((()()^%$##

My only car keys are on their way to “Davy Jones’ locker” over 80 feet of water, 15 miles offshore on a Saturday, in a foreign country!

When we got back to shore, I found a pay phone and calling collect, I called the wife, parents, In-laws, etc……all I get is answering machines….

Now what?........ So I get this idea. Hell, I’m an aircraft mechanic….. I will just “hot wire” it. (like in the movies)

So there I am with $40 dollars in cash (for drinking) my “Leatherman" tool, some crescent wrenches and a few various other tools I borrowed, ripping my 14 year old, rusted out, oil leaking, 4spd, 2.2L 1985 Dodge Chargers dashboard apart.

Well it ends up that the movie “Gone in 60 seconds” was NOT based on me…..LOL

It took me the better part of 7 hours to get it apart and the steering column dropped down.

By the Grace of God, I Finally find the right wires to “jump” and was able to bypass/break the steering lock somehow.

The next day I drive the 2’ish hours back to the border and when I get up to the window the officer looks in the car and sees my steering wheel sitting in my lap, my dash ripped apart and wires hanging everywhere……

I am thinking there is “no way” they are gonna let me pass…..

He leans out of the booth and looks around at my car and says…” I know there is no way you stole that piece of crap car right?”

Paul: No Sir, lost my keys while fishing…..

The officer starts laughing his ass off, and just waves me through….

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
  • Haha

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I had a boss once who would ask "What did you learn from that experience" often!

So I have to ask Running With Sissors the same question, what did you learn for that experience????

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I had a boss once who would ask "What did you learn from that experience" often!

So I have to ask Running With Sissors the same question, what did you learn for that experience????
  • Threats of cavity searches are no joke, and the thought of one made my ass pucker so hard, that you couldn't have gotten a needle up my ass with a jackhammer. 😂
  • The night shift Border Fuzz are very uptight, so keep your “pie hole” shut, but the dayshift guys have a sense of humor.
  • Do not carry your car keys in a shirt pocket
  • Keep a spare key mounted in a “secret spot” that is accessible, but not fun to get at, in case you forget #3 (this has saved my arse twice in the last year BTW)
  • Reef Runner Deep Divers need to be tuned after each use.
  • I should not become a “car thief”.
  • It’s difficult to shift, when the steering wheel is in your lap.
  • Touch the white wire with red stripe to the black one.
  • And most importantly, Bring more than 40 dollars for drinking money after a day like that.🍸

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I thought sure you learned to wipe your hands on your britches and wash hands after you get home.

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Put a fishing bobber on your car keys, so they will float.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'll probably live to regret this, but I keep my keys in my front-left pants pocket. I'm left-handed.

Haven't lost them in almost 50 years, except for one time I tossed them on my desk at work 25 years ago. Wasn't a good day, and I did something out of the ordinary.

Similar fashion, wallet is always in my pants pocket.

My kids don't have a similar system, and it's a regular occurrence to misplace keys, wallets, etc....

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I'll probably live to regret this, but I keep my keys in my front-left pants pocket. I'm left-handed.

Haven't lost them in almost 50 years, except for one time I tossed them on my desk at work 25 years ago. Wasn't a good day, and I did something out of the ordinary.

Similar fashion, wallet is always in my pants pocket.

My kids don't have a similar system, and it's a regular occurrence to misplace keys, wallets, etc....
I lost my first set of keys a couple months ago, I have the house, my dd car, my truck, and my tool box keys all together. Somehow the truck key and fob (was on a separate loop) came off and I don’t know where. I didn’t notice it til I was locking my toolbox on day, said something ain’t right here…So I didn’t lose them all at least 🤣

edit: I do keep my phone in my shirt pocket though at work. It regularly falls out and has fallen in drain pans several times 🤣

• Haha