Hooking up a rear scraper blade on a BX2360

funonakubota

Equipment
2010 Bx2360
Jun 28, 2012
central ohio
I have a 5' rear scraper blade, I turned the pins to be on the inside and it is still a pain in the neck and almost impossible to get it hooked up. Would anyone have any suggestions to make it much easier, Thanks alot for your help

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm kinda stumped. I have a 4' blade for my B6100 and before I bought mine I hooked up to my dads 6' Woods with no problem what so ever.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT, funonakubota.
Can you post pictures of what you are up against? The pto arms up close to the scraper, so that we can see what you are dealing with? That might help in understanding and helping you out.

Ancbill

Equipment
Bx2360, 54" mmm, BX2750D snowblower, RB0560 rear blade, psycho border collie
Dec 17, 2011
Anchorage, ak
I have a 5ft land pride that I attach to my bx2360. I have to muck around with the turn buckles and the top link to get it to fit but it isn't to bad. If I had a level spot in my yard the job would be easier.

So my advice, loosen everything up and get everything on a level spot.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep loosen EVERYTHING and a level spot I find that if I loosen the turn buckles and get the arms on and then do the top link it works easyer,,but thats just me

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Welcome to the world of 3 point. It was generally an awesome invention/step forward when Harry Ferguson invented it but as you're finding, some hook-ups are a real PITA! Most of the stuff for my B7100 is not too bad after turnbuckle anti-sway bars are loosened but the heavier the implement the harder they are to get aligned & hooked up. I have a heavy, home built rear blade & 6' Ferguson disc for my '47 Ford 8N & they are real bears to get hooked up. One side is always easy but the 2nd usually requires cursing, sweating & a pry bar. I guess that's why they invented those skid steer type quick attach systems.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I might suspect his BX sits low and the blade sits high.

I had a rake custom made to accommodate, the Cub shown here should sit close to the BX.

Rake works perfectly with my B7001.

BTW>>>>>>>>>>

There is Cat0/1 spacing and Cat1 spacing.........very different...........you may have strictly Cat1 spacing.........0/1 spacing is for Sub-Compacts.

Last edited:

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
I soooo hate three-point hitch! Longing for the days when we had the old Farmall "Fast-hitch".
But... for 3-point hook-up I find it easiest to lower the arms on the tractor almost all the way, hook-up one side lower link, then the other and the top link last. If you lower the arms you can lift them up a little by hand if need be (even on my M4500) while you also lift the front of the blade A-frame to align that first pin (the front of my Land-Pride 6 ft blade isn't very heavy either as long as the scraper blade is turned in the regular direction, I keep the front of the blade on a up-ended cinder block). After you get that first lower pin on you can wiggle the opposite end of the blade back-forth or move the tractor a little to get the other bottom pin aligned. You just adjust the top link to suit.
You could also just go to Harbor Freight and buy a 3-point quick attach that will fit your blade/attachments and just put it on the tractor once. So far I've been too cheap to do that.

funonakubota

Equipment
2010 Bx2360
Jun 28, 2012
central ohio
Ok, thanks alot for all the help, thanks to all you people I got it on, I unhooked the side turnbuckles and the arms were easier to adjust to the blade and yes it is easier to put the top link on last. Thanks alot

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
There's several ways to make life easy hooking up the 3pt. For all you BX gents alot of manufactures are making smaller size toys suited just for sub-compact tractors. OR for about 100 bucks at Northern you can get a quick hitch system for an easier way to hook up the implements.