Hey gang I'm back!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sorry Ive been gone for a while guys. Life hasnt been fair lately and I havent been in much of a mood to socialize. Id pop on Facebook a little to watch the world go by.

Just before the time I went MIA the woman of my dreams, the one I was head over heals in love with has left me after a year and a half run together. Its been hard to deal with, no it wasnt a marriage but a long term relationship. A very one sided one, but thats a different story.

Just a few days before she broke it off with me I had gone to the animal shelter and adopted a dog. The emotional rollercoaster the week I picked my boy up and the week the women of my dreams left me has been one hell of an emotional ride. One mintue happy and excited I got a dog and something for my gal and I get to do together taking him places. The the next minute down in the dumps losing the gal I loved with all my heart.

Not only have I been dealing with losing her but also now training a stubbron black lab I named Axle.

Attachments

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Life is TOUGH sometimes. Sorry for the pain. 12 years married and happy and then one day, ( my birthday no less), wife says " I don't love you any more and want a divorce). Allmost drove me to suicide. 5 years later another wife and better life. What a coincindence, I'm typeing this and my black lab walks in and lays her head on my lap. I've had 3 labs and I can tell you this for sure, I'd give up my Kubota before I'd give up my lab. They just seem to know when you are sad and come to you and get up close. Walking thru the woods with them is so good for my soul. Stick with the training, it takes time and effort but a well behaved dog is worth it many times over.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Eric, I'm sorry to hear that. You deserve better.
Glad to see you back, though. I haven't been around as much myself- I've been putting in long hours in the barn, building stabilizers.

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
Eric, you'll pull through, you have before, keep thinking positive.

Big Kahuna

trouble11

Equipment
kubota b9200, bf350fel,b4530 hoe, 2002 Gmc Sierra with plow
Jun 12, 2012
Plattsburgh, NY
Eric,
So sorry to hear about all Your problems but I,m so Glad that You are back.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Hey Eric- sorry to hear about your relationship heading south. Never had that kind of trouble, (just celebrated my 37th anniversary) but I'm feeling a lttle pain myself these days. The pic below shows my White Shepherd we lost a few years ago, and his little sister, who is nearing the end…. my dogs are like my kids, really tough to lose them.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Thanks guys, it's been tough losing her for sure. Which is why I'm scared as hell and have no plans to get married. I'm this batshit crazy over a breakup from dating a divorce would wreck me.

Ya know it kinda puts things in different perspective and has me thinking, where the hell did we go wrong as a society on long term.relationships??

I'm taking it way back to the 20s through 50s where couples hardly dated at all, they married young. Some were teenagers to early 20's and had a genuine love and respect for one another and they literally stayed married until death did them apart.

Where have we gone wrong on relationships today? Is it because divorce is so quick and easy and someone can move onto the next person fast?

I respect the hell out of anyone who has 20+ years in a marriage.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Eric, you mentioned, "I'm taking it way back to the 20s through 50s where couples hardly dated at all, they married young. Some were teenagers to early 20's and had a genuine love and respect for one another and they literally stayed married until death did them apart."

What you said is true. However, the differences are great. Look at the influence of TV and movies. Life is portrayed as a have anything you want, whenever you want, with whoever you want, as much as you want with no consequences.

In the times you mentioned there virtually was no outside influences to pull families apart. People worked together, played together, respected each other. Their word was their contract. Youngsters lived knowing their neighbors had as much authority over them as their own parents, so their actions were to not disrespect their parents.

I heard a preacher say, just last Sunday, "When they took prayer and the Bible out of school, they had to put in metal detectors." Sad, but true. Where do you learn it's wrong to steal, or lie, or hurt some one....?

Hey, take your pup and train him to be well mannered and submissive to you. When he's out riding in your truck, or you stop to get a cup of coffee and someone makes a comment about you dog be proud. When it's a female it shows she has compassion, those are the types to focus on!

PrairieSoul

Equipment
B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65
Dec 23, 2013
Manitoba
Far beyond it be to be making suggestions, but my relationship is with someone who values dogs.

We had a situation where there was a litter and the mother died one day after the puppies were born.

Long story short we are pretty bonded with the puppies.

Longer story short, if you and her ( or you and him or her and her, it really does not matter any more ) have dogs in common things will be okay, probably. If only one of you likes dogs, good luck.

Just me, but go with the dogs.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well one of the many reasons but not as means to keep the gal around was to show her I'm responsible enough to take care of the pooch and to show my lady I'm capable of providing for another life.

And in hopes that a dog might bring us closer together and give the 3 of us something to do on the weeknds.

My lady was a dog lover herself.and she had a pitbull for a number of years who passed away on here.

Dont get me wrong I love my pup Axle to death, but theres only a certain amout of companionship I can get from him.

He's a little to fury for my liking to cuddle with, and it looks really odd taking a dog out on dates unless you're visually impaired...

dieseldude

Sep 21, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Hi Eric,

Firstly welcome back.

Second Sorry to hear of the rough time recently, Been there myself. We were together for a little over a year, were engage, had the church and all booked, Came home early one day and caught her with someone else. It gets easier, but it takes time.

Congratulations on the new black lab. my family had one many years ago. Fantastic to have around and like someone else said always seem to know when your down and need a friend.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I have been hit hard myself,two long term relationships that went south.
Both were not my doing, i have this thing about being faithful.

23 years of common-law marriage now, 2 great kids and a relentless yellow lab.
My pup is almost ten years old now and will run off if you let your guard down.
Hates to be outside alone, happiest with her head on one of our laps.

Adapt and overcome, when stuff stresses me out, i remember i got no time for stuff like that- move on to something that makes you happy.

After suffering a heart attack, turning 50 i realized that my days are numbered. Dont waste your time stressing over things you have no control over.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Welcome back:) i've been there too. Was in a year and a half relationship with someone who turned out to be a meth head. Lots of manic epidodes. One minute everything was fine, the next she would disappear for a few days. Stand me up on dates and had me convinced it was me with the problem, not her. Took some good friends to sit me down and talk some sense into me. Sent her packing, and took some time to focus on me. Realized i shouldn't have to change who i am, or prove anything to someone so they will stay with me. I also quit trying to find romance in the bars. Figured out that was the only thing we had in common.

Took me 33 years to meet my wife. And she realized i was a good for her when i met her dog. He didn't like guys and would only go to my father in law. Any other guy that would go near her and he would go ballistic. 2 minutes after meeting him, he was in my lap. And you would swear he was my dog ever since. He's 12 now and showing his age. We have two dogs. My wifes which is a jack russel terrier. And mine is a rot weiner (miniature dachshund) that my wife got me for Valentine's day the first year we were dating. They are both crazy as hell in there own ways, take care of us when we are sick or down. and we are usually laughing daily over something stupid that one of them did.
Keep your spirits up. Theres a lot of good folks here and if you need to talk or vents, theres plenty who will listen;)

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Welcome back Eric, sorry to hear of your domestic troubles. Been there and done that myself! I was married for 16-1/2 years myself, got married once and for life, but it has been 15+ years now since my divorce, and all I can say is that life goes on, it may be different, but it does go on.

Funny thing is I had a old loyal dog that almost outlived my marriage... !

Not that we always agree, but I have missed your input on the forum!

David

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WOMEN, why have they got to be so much of a damn heartache???

I guess some of my bigger problems is I fall hard and fall fast.

It irritates the hell out of me to no end that for damn near two years she constantly wantes to throw up in my face that we're not in a relationship and not boyfriend/girlfriend. Ok for one why do you keep coming back around. If you dont hear from me for a day or two becase Im busy why blow my phone up wondering where I am. And lastly whats up with all the damn jealousy issues as if you were my girlfriend.

The crap that came out of mouth was total polar opposite of her actions and body language. And I told her that.

I think if I had any hair on my head I'd pull it out trying to understand women

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Eric, based on what you just described be thankful this event has happened. Most will never be happy with someone so insecure they have to keep you on a short leash. Eventually it all falls apart. Be thankful it's now not latter!!

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Eric, based on what you just described be thankful this event has happened. Most will never be happy with someone so insecure they have to keep you on a short leash. Eventually it all falls apart. Be thankful it's now not latter!!
Words of wisdom! This is so true.