Here's a Picture of Price Increase for This Year

#40Fan

Jul 21, 2022
USA
This is just for the TLB units, but it will give you an idea. Screen grabs taken just days apart.

Reactions: 1 user

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
My local Kubota outfit said they announced a 6% across the board hike. At least it's not being applied to any current inventory or stuff in the pipeline Kubota didn't jack. That's why I locked in the L5460 vs. paying $3.5G more next month.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is just for the TLB units, but it will give you an idea. Screen grabs taken just days apart.

Wow.....

$63+K for an L47 TLB,
My nearly pristine l48 is in distant hibernation, but sure wish I could just give it a big hug!

With 251 hours, I paid HALF that, (with hyd thumb, 3rd function, hyd bucket lock, 3 rear remotes, Q/A hoe bucket) 3-1/2 years ago.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The COLA-notice on my SS just arrived to announce an 8% increase due to inflation. Makes sense that many other things will also increase about that much.

BTW, the highest inflation rates in U.S. History was…12.5-14%….(during Nixon/Ford and Reagan years):

0A87355B-89E5-4410-8F02-B26141A91664.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I'm just glad I ordered my LX in Sept '21 I looked up the price change and it's now 15% more plus the Equine discount is no longer 20% off. It's dropped to only $700 off instead of the $4,000 I got off mine...

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
The COLA-notice on my SS just arrived to announce an 8% increase due to inflation. Makes sense that many other things will also increase about that much.

BTW, the highest inflation rates in U.S. History was…12.5-14%….(during Nixon/Ford and Reagan years):

The CPI understates real inflation significantly. They often play with the items in the "basket" to make it look better for the administration at the time, because most people are too stupid to recognize that many economic effects (bad or good) take years to materialize. This often results in a President getting blamed, or credited, for things he didn't do.

Reactions: 2 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Saw the new prices last week at my dealer. Another big increase.

10% for ATVs.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The CPI understates real inflation significantly. They often play with the items in the "basket" to make it look better for the administration at the time, because most people are too stupid to recognize that many economic effects (bad or good) take years to materialize. This often results in a President getting blamed, or credited, for things he didn't do.
Bingo, Mark.

RDinNHandAZ

Equipment
Kubota BX1870, FEL, BX5450 Snowblower, back blade, customized snow cab
It also saves the government a lot of money by under paying the real increases for the social programs we have paid for during our workinglives, and by collecting more in taxes as tax liability responds to the real increases in wages, earnings and profit. Don’t get me wrong I’d like more SS but I understand that keeping costs down makes it easier to pay the bills for the administration in power at the time. Interest rates rising cost the government money as it services the national debt so lowering interest rates will happen ASAP to control how much must be paid on debt.
This is not limited to our country or government and if you look at governments across the spectrum all deal with this. It is not political either as both political parties have the same interest in doing so.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It also saves the government a lot of money by under paying the real increases for the social programs we have paid for during our workinglives, and by collecting more in taxes as tax liability responds to the real increases in wages, earnings and profit. Don’t get me wrong I’d like more SS but I understand that keeping costs down makes it easier to pay the bills for the administration in power at the time. Interest rates rising cost the government money as it services the national debt so lowering interest rates will happen ASAP to control how much must be paid on debt.
This is not limited to our country or government and if you look at governments across the spectrum all deal with this. It is not political either as both political parties have the same interest in doing so.
Yup !

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
So if that is true…then the inflation rate during the Nixon/Ford and Reagan years was WORSE than indicated…?

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
No, it's not that simple. Nixon, Carter, and Reagan were all paying for the sin of taking us off the gold standard. That crime is laid at the feet of Johnson and Nixon. With no gold backing, the dollar was "free" to "float", and the government was free to print money it didn't have.

THAT is inflation, not just higher prices as many are taught today. Higher prices are merely the most obvious symptom of the devaluing of our dollar.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
On June 5, 1933, the United States went off the gold standard, a monetary system in which currency is backed by gold, when Congress enacted a joint resolution nullifying the right of creditors to demand payment in gold. The United States had been on a gold standard since 1879, except for an embargo on gold exports during World War I, but bank failures during the Great Depression of the 1930s frightened the public into hoarding gold, making the policy untenable.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Not sure what Nixon, Carter, Reagan, and FDR have to do with any Kubota 2023 price increase?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
No, it is Biden's fault. He is the one that believes that if the printing presses run 24/7 printing $100 bills to be given away all over the world that it will make other countries love us. The United States is spending money that we don't have in places that either don't need our money or will just waste it.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
No, it is Biden's fault. He is the one that believes that if the printing presses run 24/7 printing $100 bills to be given away all over the world that it will make other countries love us. The United States is spending money that we don't have in places that either don't need our money or will just waste it.
Are you meaning things like the armaments sent to Ukraine..?? (which are built here in America by American workers who get paid to mfr the goods..?? and which increases the value of companys such as General Dynamics who pay dividends to stock portfolios..??)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
This has been going on for decades by BOTH political parties (although most people seem to have short memories to the both part when their party is not in control). We have been sending too much money overseas for the last century instead of investing in our own country.