Helpful Hosehold Tips

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
This time of year spring is here for many of us in the world. I know here in Va we are geting hammered with pollen. It's not a bad idea to take a few minutes every so often to hose down the a/c unit out side. Give it a washing with the garden hose and knock off the pollen and grass clippings away. It's a little extra step like this which keeps your a/c running cooler and more efficient and will help keep the power bill down low as well. Another idea too is if you have alot of grass around the a/c unit, on the safe side shut the a/c off and cover it with a tarp and then mow and weedeat around the a/c unit to help keep crap from getting inside the coils. When done uncover and turn back on.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
We're geting hammered with alot of pollen this year in Va so I thought I'd send out some helpful info.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Don't forget to look out for snakes. This is the time of year they come out and they are hungry!

In the past eight years I have killed four rattlesnakes on my property.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
For those of us that like to cook outdoors (or inside for that matter:)) and use fresh cut onions....

Try this,,,

To get the onion odor from your hands :(all you have to do is wipe your onion contaminated hands over a wet stainless steel sink, counter top or the like and then rinse and wipe dry;),

No take a whiff.... no onion odor:D:D:D

Butch

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Sorry Eric, did not mean to ad a PM Check but sounds good here.
One thing some people forget is a simple greasing of the rams (pistions) if your not going to use the tractor for 2 weeks or more.
What the grease does is coat the nice shinny pistion so rust don't get on there and tear up your ring in the ram.
As for pollen, I am deep in it with these live oaks and oaks. Think my head hurts worse than my mower!

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Ahhhh... Eric... I don't think I look at a SS kitchen sink in the same light ever again:confused::eek::cool:

Butch

PS... and yes the stank will be gone....