Help!!!! L2201dt grey market kubota

crf325

Oct 18, 2011
erie,pa
I've had my l2201dt for several years now and I figured it was different because of the Japanese writing on it. But I didn't know my local kubota dealer was gonna be a dick and not help with parts. So could someone please help me or tell me what american version kubota is same as mine ? And what is a good source for parts? I would like to get a service manual also. Thanx

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
As near as i can tell from a google search it appears the north american equivalent is the l245.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Go to Kubota's web site and read all about the greys.
Then you might understand why the dealer is being a pain, he has to, or he losses his dealership.
You will have a really hard time finding a service manual for the L2201, and while it is close to the L245 it's not the same, parts will vary.

What parts are you needing?

crf325

Oct 18, 2011
erie,pa
I need a right side outer tie rod end. I broke muffler and manifold . I just put manifold and pipe from L245 on and it fit. I went on ebay and was able to look at listing and everyone said no it won't fit so I just took a chance and bought it. I'm being told also that the tie rod won't fit. I've read about the grey market tractors. It's still made by kubato so they should sell parts for it . I went to my local parts store and the manager was kind enough to let me open ever tie rod end box he had to see if something would adapt. No luck so now I need help from someone on here

roseberry

Aug 21, 2014
kilcoy queensland australia
I need a right side outer tie rod end. I broke muffler and manifold . I just put manifold and pipe from L245 on and it fit. I went on ebay and was able to look at listing and everyone said no it won't fit so I just took a chance and bought it. I'm being told also that the tie rod won't fit. I've read about the grey market tractors. It's still made by kubato so they should sell parts for it . I went to my local parts store and the manager was kind enough to let me open ever tie rod end box he had to see if something would adapt. No luck so now I need help from someone on here
hi did you have luck finding your parts just learning about these tractors cheers phil

crf325

Oct 18, 2011
erie,pa
Is there a over seas website that one could go on and search for parts for there grey market kubato tractor. America kubato wont help you find parts yet an american kubato dealer sold me this unit used , go figure.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
for the tie rod.... find a guy who has built his own rockcrawler or mud truck. They might set you up something for beer and a steak. or will point you to someone who might. A good ol' hiem joint should do you fine. https://www.4wheelparts.com/Fabrication-Tools/Heim-Joints.aspx?t_c=86&t_s=528&t_pt=101459

or modify the steering knuckle if needed to fit another off the shelf more common tie rod end fabricated to fit the tail of your tie rod.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is there a over seas website that one could go on and search for parts for there grey market kubato tractor. America kubato wont help you find parts yet an american kubato dealer sold me this unit used , go figure.
What do you want to know?
And it's Kubota, not kubato. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
coachgeo, and billrigsby, you got sucked in by a repost on an old thread. ;)

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
I found a place in Saskatchewan Canada,Yellow rose Ent ,1 306 232 5570,they had every engine cooling hose for mine and a fuel filter,the hose's appeared to be stock,I told them the model,they were able to tell me anything I needed to know about my ZL2202-DM