Hanix Mini Giant excavator?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The figure 8 groove would require me to basically build a machine or attachment for my lathe.

The single spiral may be doable without having to build anything, but I haven't run a test cut yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
#37 were o-rings (long gone)
#35 were grease seals (discarded)
#34 spacer
#33 hardened bushings w/grease groove (one discarded)
Thanks! I figured 37 were circlips, and i thought for some reason there were 3 bushings instead of 2 bushings and a spacer, thus my confusion about why they were 3 separate parts at all..

I agree that you don't need to overthink the grease grooves. A handheld grease gun can make enough pressure to push grease through very small passages, so it does not have to be a precise thing you spend a lot of time on.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
This is about the simplest tool I've found that will cut figure 8 grooves.

Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Removed the backwards mounted teeth:

IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Pins turned to cleanup, bucket ears bored to cleanup, new bushings and hubs machined.
Still have to put the cross holes in the hubs.
Making slow but steady progress.

IMG_0003.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Removed the backwards mounted teeth:

View attachment 90073 View attachment 90074
Kubota mini-ex teeth are a different style (pins go in at 90 degrees to these)
Mine had been on my 24" bucket for 16 years, and I could not remove them.

Had a welding shop cut them off ($$$), and I purposely put my new teeth on backward to gain a flat surface.
Mine is a 5 tooth bucket, so will have piece of cutting edge welded to the center three teeth, (outer teeth are flared outward) to give me a smooth edge grading bucket.

Pins can be easily driven out of the 3 center teeth, (top to bottom) with the welded edge attached, and those teeth can then be replaced, to switch back to a 5 tooth bucket.
Swap from toothed edge to grading edge, and back again in just a few minutes, by driving out 3 pins.
I have 6 spare teeth.

Extra buckets are SO EXPENSIVE!

This Hanix project is incredibly fun to watch!

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have seen a couple different "pin on" style teeth, and wish mine were different than these "crimp on".
My Kubota B670 BH buckets are both "crimp on" style.
Never had one come loose, but they can be a PITA to remove & install.
When I got my Kubota, the 14" bucket was missing one tooth. Local dealer had one that was an exact match, got lucky.
Another customer at the counter asked me if the other teeth were all new, and I told him "No, they are maybe 1/4 worn."
He advised me to grind the new tooth to the same size and shape as the other teeth, to prevent excess stress on the new, longer tooth.
He said a lot of people don't, and end up breaking the "tooth root" off the bucket.
Made sense to me, so I did, and I have not had any problems.

IMG_0022 anno.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Now there's a useful tidbit.. I'll have to think about that the next time i'm looking at my buckets. Every single one is laying on my shop floor right now. I know this is the Hanix thread but i am rebuilding the end of my buddy's B670 dipper arm to narrow it to the size of the later hoes so it can use the same buckets as mine (and same as a BX, maybe more).

I'm pretty sure not all the teeth on my 16" bucket are the same age.. I'll see if they're worn even across the fronts. I already got it with the cutting edge 'peeled' away from the walls and had to weld it back. Would prefer to shorten a tooth vs having to do any bigger repairs later..

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Machined a new one piece bushing for the closed end of the dump link, to replace the two bushings & spacer shown in post #359.
This bushing is greased from a hole in the pin, so I will cut a shallow groove in the bushing that corresponds to the grease port in the pin, just to aid in more even distribution.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Sparky24

Equipment
Hanix N150-2
Nov 13, 2022
Emma1115!
Hi I’m new here I just purchased a n150-2 with a non working left side drive the planetary gears are bad In the drive the hydraulic side is operational any suggest we’re I can purchase just the gears to save some cash

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome aboard!
Good luck with your new excavator- mine has been a lot of work so far, but a lot of fun, too!
I have not dealt with any of these vendors, but they were recommended to me when I began researching parts for this excavator:

I bought my tracks from these folks:

I bought my drive sprockets from these folks:

Hope this info helps.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Some progress to report soon, been too busy to work on this lately.
In the meantime:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Some progress to report soon, been too busy to work on this lately.
In the meantime:
Don’t know how I missed this thread!!! What an awesome project! Looks like I’ll be playing catch up today. Over 300 posts 😉

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Don’t know how I missed this thread!!! What an awesome project! Looks like I’ll be playing catch up today. Over 300 posts 😉
Welcome aboard the thread, Bob!
This project has been shelved for quite a while; just been too busy with family obligations, still trying to play catchup after years of taking care of the wife's folks, and lately working at our property in the high country.
Finally got the fence contractor to commit to doing our place, and it is going to be so expensive that I am trying to put in some "sweat equity" by moving rock, pulling stumps, trimming trees, & felling trees that are in the fence line so that the contractor will have less work to do.
We put in all the corner posts so that I can run a line and see what needs to be cleared.
Cleared 2 sides so far, (3 left) got a dump trailer load of nice oak, juniper, and cedar firewood, and hauled 7 loads of slash to the burn pit.
Also had to drop a drought kill 76' twin Ponderosa pine, cut it up & haul it to the pit, (5 heaped dump trailer loads) that took me 5 days, working by myself.
I just found a roof leak in my 5th wheel that ruined some wall board, so now I have that to fix.
On top of everything else, apparently the glow plugs in my tractor have died, making it almost impossible to start. I have the parts, but so far no time to install.
And now we are having a storm up there which is predicted to drop 17-18" of snow.

I thought retirement was going to give me more time to do this stuff? :)

P.S. Been enjoying your Farmall thread.

Last edited:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Welcome aboard the thread, Bob!
This project has been shelved for quite a while; just been too busy with family obligations, still trying to play catchup after years of taking care of the wife's folks, and lately working at our property in the high country.
Finally got the fence contractor to commit to doing our place, and it is going to be so expensive that I am trying to put in some "sweat equity" by moving rock, pulling stumps, trimming trees, & felling trees that are in the fence line so that the contractor will have less work to do.
We put in all the corner posts so that I can run a line and see what needs to be cleared.
Cleared 2 sides so far, (3 left) got a dump trailer load of nice oak, juniper, and cedar firewood, and hauled 7 loads to the burn pit.
Also had to drop a drought kill 76' twin Ponderosa pine, cut it up & haul it to the pit, (5 heaped dump trailer loads) that took me 5 days, working by myself.
I just found a roof leak in my 5th wheel that ruined some wall board, so now I have that to fix.
On top of everything else, apparently the glow plugs in my tractor have died, making it almost impossible to start. I have the parts, but so far no time to install.
And now we are having a storm up there which is predicted to drop 17-18" of snow.

I thought retirement was going to give me more time to do this stuff? :)

P.S. Been enjoying your Farmall thread.
Was just talking about this thread with mrs yooper and how we might have to make a detour on our fall vacation to pay you and your wife a visit. Would like to see the mini up close and see your other ‘toys’. Right now I am up to post one hundred something and enjoying it very much!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Grease groove cut in the new dump link bushing, and installed with interference fit.
100_0391.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Hubbed bucket bushings drilled & reamed for cross hole, and all (4) installed with interference fit.
100_0392.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG

Reactions: 3 users