Gun haters have a new problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I did read most or all of the posts in this thread.

Today I realized gun haters may be a misapplied term.

I think they are result haters...

Guns are just the intermediate point. Guns don't kill, people do.

People are the problem, not the tool. The tool does make it easier though...as compared to a baseball bat or chainsaw, can of gas, or a knife. But they all work.

question for those that care to think on it.

why is it that when a cop is shot, "we" blame the shooter? But when there is a mass shooting, the tool used, the ammo, the manufacturers are blamed?

Rhetorical question to ponder on.

Reactions: 3 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
question for those that care to think on it.

why is it that when a cop is shot, "we" blame the shooter? But when there is a mass shooting, the tool used, the ammo, the manufacturers are blamed?

Rhetorical question to ponder on.
An when the cop does the shooting, "we" blame the victim.

Another statement to ponder on 😂

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think I remember that! I wondered what happened with it, the media reported on it initially and that was IT. So "they" reported that the animal was shot by someone, and the interviews all said "it was a sweet dog", stuff you always year. Thx for posting...now I know [in Paul Harvey's voice] the rest of the story. The judge's actions don't surprise me much.

the other side effect is that if one is searching for homeowner's insurance, they'll sometimes not even insure you if you have certain breeds. My brother found that out....as did my "neighbor", pit. They found out that the insurance company sends people out to do inspections, and you might or might not be outside or even home. "Neighbor" kept his pit outside on a chain, insurance agent called one day and said "you have a potentially vicious breed", and they dropped him. Out of the blue! He had to get new insurance which was a pain in the neck, and even then they made him get rid of the animal. In a way I'm kinda glad because the neighborhood is full of young kids, and often walk from house to house and sometimes not on the road, more frequently though yards. Having been involved in a dog attack, I can tell you firsthand that it ain't no fun. All it takes is ONCE. People often don't think about that stuff. "They're so sweet" until that one time, and it ain't gotta be a pit. In my case, an ACD (we call them heelers, red, blue or whatever). Ripped part of my scalp off, and my left ear when I was young. Thankfully I don't remember it (had an accident years after where I lost a lot of memory).
My case didn't make the news. There was another story around that time that did make the news though. Can't remember the particulars.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
According to Snopes the story is not completely accurate. (I also think in many cases Snopes in not completely accurate!). Here is their version.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

The exact reverse of that is becoming more and more prevalent these days. Just sayin .....

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
According to Snopes the story is not completely accurate. (I also think in many cases Snopes in not completely accurate!). Here is their version.

Agreed concerning Snopes. And personally, I don't care how many people shot the robber, just glad he is no longer around. This happened in Brazil, by the way.....so hopefully the plainclothes cops (which were the customers) won't lose their jobs and be protested, like might happen here.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA

Plenty of pondering to do on that. In most cases the officer is justified but the media will NEVER disclose the actual details of what happened up until "that point". I just watched this happen a month or so back where a man was beligerant and the officer was forced with a decision to use force to protect herself or to stand down and take a beating. She chose to protect herself. News people weren't there, but I was, and I'm having to go to court with what I know/saw/filmed. It will be a slam dunk in favor of the officer-guaranteed without question. But if one were to take the last 10 seconds of the incident and put it on the news, the terrorists would probably be burning the town down like they did with several other towns.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Plenty of pondering to do on that. In most cases the officer is justified but the media will NEVER disclose the actual details of what happened up until "that point". I just watched this happen a month or so back where a man was beligerant and the officer was forced with a decision to use force to protect herself or to stand down and take a beating. She chose to protect herself. News people weren't there, but I was, and I'm having to go to court with what I know/saw/filmed. It will be a slam dunk in favor of the officer-guaranteed without question. But if one were to take the last 10 seconds of the incident and put it on the news, the terrorists would probably be burning the town down like they did with several other towns.
Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Police here are awfully trigger happy when it comes to people of color.

You refer to the wrongful death/anti-persecution protestors as terrorists... while I don't condone the random acts of vandalism (similar to post-football game vandalism in Europe) the couple of televised protests don't hold a candle to the true terrorists and acts of terrorism in our country by white supremacists/nationalists.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
the couple of televised protests don't hold a candle to the true terrorists and acts of terrorism in our country by white supremacists/nationalists.
It's not a contest.

Any and ALL acts of terrorism or uncontrolled rioting should be addressed swiftly and without regard to ethnicity nor affiliation. Put it down, prosecute everyone involved and send a clear message that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's not a contest.

Any and ALL acts of terrorism or uncontrolled rioting should be addressed swiftly and without regard to ethnicity nor affiliation. Put it down, prosecute everyone involved and send a clear message that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.
You have got to be kidding!!! ;) That would not be politically correct and there is a very large part of our society today can not/will not accept responsibility for what they do. But the worst part is they don't know what responsible behavior is, so they sure can't judge it.

Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
It's not a contest.

Agree 100% in a perfect world, however, many members of our government are currently openly affiliated with the aforementioned nationalist terrorist group(s). I highly doubt they'll prosecute themselves.

• Dislike

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Agree 100% in a perfect world, however, many members of our government are currently openly affiliated with the aforementioned nationalist terrorist group(s). I highly doubt they'll prosecute themselves.

Well someone elected and put them there right? Supposedly they represent their constituents. So unless an elected official has just gone rogue once in office, we should be looking to the populace.

And be careful not to confuse 'nationalist' with 'patriot' as often there is a fine line....depending upon how you define each.

'Terrorists' take many forms and are quite another matter.

But I don't think 'parents' speaking their minds at School Board Meetings are "Domestic Terrorists' any more than Patriots (proud and supportive of the country they love) necessarily constitute a 'nationalist'....though some push hard to present the two as synonymous.

Politically, we are a deeply divided Nation right now. Not something I thought I'd ever see in my lifetime and the surest source (division) for our impending fall. Very sad that history continues to repeat itself.

Last edited:

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
I call BS on that. What about the members of our government who support antifa? Or these two wonderful organizations?
1659297700758.png

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I call BS on that. What about the members of our government who support antifa? Or these two wonderful organizations? View attachment 84571
Antifa doesn't murder innocent people, minorities, or lay siege on the white house. The worst ALF has done is arson attacks on meat plants and lumber yards. You can call BS all you want, but your point is unclear. So much whataboutism to skirt around the fact that the party you align with has clear ties to terrorism.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Time to skip the excessive political BS I think.

Maybe we should move on to religion or other topics that are frowned upon on this forum?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Time to skip the excessive political BS I think.

Maybe we should move on to religion or other topics that are frowned upon on this forum?
I think a religion thread will end up crazier than a gun thread 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.