Gun haters have a new problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
For one, their defense attorneys make a ton of money off of them.

Most violent criminals are low-lifes who can't afford an attorney, so they get a Public Defender. PD's get a salary from the county they work in, paid for by you and me. They get a pretty decent living, but they aren't getting rich, and they get paid whether their client is found guilty or not. Most of them are ideologues on the left end of the political spectrum.

The entire premise of your post, that it's all about making money, is equally wrong.

Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Since you were unable to extract it then obviously you aren't a pointer. (y) :)

Damn.....and I so wanted to be. :)

Pointer.jpg

So your reply was in response to the post directly above it? Post #58

You didn't 'quote it' so I was uncertain....how to apply. Got it now. Old Man's mind not exactly as sharp as a tack anymore.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
If they outlaw guns, the pointers will be soo bored they'll end up chewing on everything 🐶
I don't think you have to worry about scatter guns. Didn't Joe suggest that everyone just use that type and blast off two from a double barrel? The pointers will be just fine.

I believe it was around the same time that he suggested to just shoot for a leg. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I seen some reference to criminals and putting them back out

ask yourself why some of the more dangerous ones are seemingly let go?

For one, their defense attorneys make a ton of money off of them. Who are a lot of our leaders? Attorneys....

Secondly, look at what happens from the time an arrest is made to trial and beyond. Bail money. Bond. Fines. Court fees. Attorney(s). Just follow the money and you'll see reasons.

And I can say this because I have been on that side of the law, but I actually learned from it and straightened up. But many many of my friends didn't learn. Of course most of them are no longer friends, a few are dead, and the few that are still around? One in particular, became a career supporter of the justice system; 127 arrests from the day he turned 17 until today-he's 45 years old. Every time, it's mostly minor (in a criminal's eyes), IOW, drugs, DUI, parole violation, etc. His brother and I are good friends, we speak often. Their dad is a customer-they own/run a family farm AND a cleaning business. 127 arrests. Remember that.

I just happen to know one of the public defenders as well, and mentioned the problem child's name to her one day. Well known. The question came up, I asked why they keep turning him back out on the streets over and over and over? The answer? MONEY. Why lock him up for years when they know he's gonna get arrested several times for "minor" infractions that generate income? But--looking at the other side of it, he's had lots of opportunities to straighten up and there for a while, he did. But he got back in with the same crowd and back into trouble again about 4 years afterward. I asked him once, man why you keep messing up? He said that nobody wants anything to do with a criminal, won't hire you, won't date, won't have anything to do with you, so you can't work for nobody, you can't live with/off of anyone, so what's the options? Go back to the big house so you can eat a reliable meal 3 times a day and you have a place to sleep without much fear of one of your street enemies slitting your throat while you try to rest. And I understood that point, in his case is a good point. So he just goes back to jail and has a place to live for a while. Then gets back out, and repeats. Fines, bail, bonds, sometimes attorney. Follow the money.

What is kind of sad? This kid really does have a lot of good in him, just chooses not to use it for good things. There's a great example of why that person should be locked up for the rest of his life but they won't because it costs more to house him than it does to let him out and then collect when he gets arrested again.

Guns? I don't really partake in the whole 'gun thing' but I do absolutely believe that the USA is "safe" because so many folks have them in personal posession. Would they do any good in a war-style firefight? Probably not, and a lot of that is due to lack of training. But I do think that an armed citizen is to be respected a little more than an unarmed one, at least if the person with bad intentions knows if that person IS armed. If they KNOW he ain't, I believe that the bad intention people will take advantage, be it a robber, maybe a rapist, or perhaps the government itself. And on that note, I also sometimes wonder if some of the school shootings are in part due to a "no gun policy" on campus. I don't know. Every time I go to a store that has a sign on the window that prohibits firearms inside I can't help but wonder, is this place gonna be a target? For that, I don't agree with any ban. I also don't agree with levying huge taxes on them, as doing so with the intention of making them harder to get, is considered infringement on the right to own. Some argue this is for a militia, but the constitution doesn't really define "militia", so we have to define that...is it a small group of outlaws, or is it a larger group of the general population? Either way, it is not defined well enough to make the decision as to whether a ban, taxes, whatever can be considered a limitation of your right to posses and/or bear. Maybe I'm off base. But I still don't agree with how this current administration is attacking the rights to own.
They had a daffy loon for a judge several years ago now in the Faulkner County courthouse. She was allowed to be acting judge and was filling in for daddy since he passed away.

She would let everybody go free. Oh boohoo.... you got caught driving a semi under the influence, with enough coke and LSD to keep the local college sports teams high for months. (Trafficking amounts)

"Well obviously you lose your CDL.... but, get yourself some counseling" 😳😳😳

Another fella was in for DUI #20, DLS #30ish.

4 weekends in jail and you still get to keep your hardship license (And Drive!!!) Since you still have to work. Get some counseling.

Thankfully she didn't win in the election.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
I've seen on one of those forensic files shows how they could bring the serial # back after it had been filed off. They used acid or something to revive the number just enough to be readable again.
Fry's Reagent. Uses the power of copper to preferentially attack cold-worked iron and steihl.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
No intention of doing such a thing, but wonder if I ran a small bead with my TIG torch, over where the serial number was ground off, if that would change anything regarding possible X-ray discovery of the missing SN?
Theoretically that could work. Any dislocations caused by the stencils would be effectively erased. X-ray diffraction techniques would be foiled.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
I have everything except the x-ray equipment. I can prove metallographically that the microstructure is reset but not with diffraction techniques.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Theoretically you could remove enough metal, but depending on depth and the rounds you use that would be problematic.
Many firearms will function just fine with significant parts of the frame or receiver missing. Here's a still from some high speed video testing that we conducted to prove out the change I made to the guide rod. The dust cover has been cut away on one side but the pistol functions just fine.

A 1911 would have no issues at all with large sections removed from the frame.

Snapshot.png

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
They had a daffy loon for a judge several years ago now in the Faulkner County courthouse. She was allowed to be acting judge and was filling in for daddy since he passed away.

She would let everybody go free. Oh boohoo.... you got caught driving a semi under the influence, with enough coke and LSD to keep the local college sports teams high for months. (Trafficking amounts)

"Well obviously you lose your CDL.... but, get yourself some counseling" 😳😳😳

Another fella was in for DUI #20, DLS #30ish.

4 weekends in jail and you still get to keep your hardship license (And Drive!!!) Since you still have to work. Get some counseling.

Thankfully she didn't win in the election.
Very familiar with that person. She's one reason I mentioned what I did. Our ordeal was with the neighbor. Neighbor guy was leveling some land behind his house, up on the hill behind us. Hits a big pipe with the excavator, and with that also cut our gas line. Of course being that it was iron pipe, the gas co wouldn't just let us fix it, so they estimated roughly $7700 to "fix" it all from the meter to the house. It went to court, where we won the case, but a week later a letter in the mail saying your case is settled without prejudice. Same judge. There is more to it but the way it was handled really upset me. 2 months after that deal, we had a propane tank installed and got through the winter just fine-and we just left it propane rather than fixing a gas line. And the reasoning behind not fixing it was because it wasn't too terribly long after it all went down that they had the massive oil spill, that was ironically blamed on Exxon when in fact they were only part of the fault...the neighbor started the whole process....who got off, somehow. It was a seemingly crooked deal all around!

grainger88

Equipment
mx4800
Jul 29, 2022
middle tn.
I am surprised no one has corrected you on this. You could always file it off and send it to ATF. It won’t take long before they knock on your door (if it’s a recent purchase anyway). When ever you stamp or press metal, all the metal under the stamp is compressed. All they do is file the damage off and stick it under an X-ray. The pressed in digits are there. Theoretically you could remove enough metal, but depending on depth and the rounds you use that would be problematic.

The X-ray systems they use are commonly found in the aviation industry. Lots of aircraft metal parts and components get xrayed routinely. There’s even “true crime” shows that expressly mention this technique for crime solving regarding guns.

Not pulling your leg here. I have purchased and used those systems. Do you have any idea how human X-ray systems are checked for calibration? You radiograph a tool. The tool is metal and you read the depth of the data in the X-ray image. X-ray systems are built for this. So, Yeah Nah. Don’t ever suggest the old file the serial number off trick, unless you want them to get caught.

I do have some other suggestions that would likely work if you have any nefarious needs however!
run a TIG torch over it, disrupts the xray reading at a molecular level.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Very familiar with that person. She's one reason I mentioned what I did. Our ordeal was with the neighbor. Neighbor guy was leveling some land behind his house, up on the hill behind us. Hits a big pipe with the excavator, and with that also cut our gas line. Of course being that it was iron pipe, the gas co wouldn't just let us fix it, so they estimated roughly $7700 to "fix" it all from the meter to the house. It went to court, where we won the case, but a week later a letter in the mail saying your case is settled without prejudice. Same judge. There is more to it but the way it was handled really upset me. 2 months after that deal, we had a propane tank installed and got through the winter just fine-and we just left it propane rather than fixing a gas line. And the reasoning behind not fixing it was because it wasn't too terribly long after it all went down that they had the massive oil spill, that was ironically blamed on Exxon when in fact they were only part of the fault...the neighbor started the whole process....who got off, somehow. It was a seemingly crooked deal all around!
More then likely she knew the person or his family. I got dragged in there in front if her. After letting the other dead beats off she started reading me the riot act. Really ticked her off because she had to throw it out.

But she did leave the option of it being tried for up to a year. I was in the right, and everyone in the courtroom was saying they would have done the same thing. So the plantiff and the judge didn't have a leg to stand on.

I got dragged in for shooting a neighbors dog after it went after my two year old grandson. Neighbor got butt hurt and had family in the sherrifs department. So he was able to get it pushed through. But chickened out after I showed up to court with everybody who lived on the street to testify to the nature of his dog.

That was one of the cases that prompted the new county ordinances pushing all liability and responsibility onto the animals owner.

Before then it was "Good Luck!!!".

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Most violent criminals are low-lifes who can't afford an attorney, so they get a Public Defender. PD's get a salary from the county they work in, paid for by you and me. They get a pretty decent living, but they aren't getting rich, and they get paid whether their client is found guilty or not. Most of them are ideologues on the left end of the political spectrum.

The entire premise of your post, that it's all about making money, is equally wrong.
Ive witnessed this first hand on a jury for child abuse. Dirtbag had a PD and went away for a long time I believe (jury was not involved with sentencing). PD was very obviously way out of his depth. I attempted to get removed by demonstrating bias (sibling is a DDA and prosecutes CA & DV). Sibling laughed and said the DDA’s would have traded for me as Jury member #1. 🤣😂. Never go for a PD!

I’ll tell ya one thing for nothing - it wasn’t like a TV show. Except for a juror being forcibly removed and getting a ticket to appear in front of the judge later. That shit was straight out of Hollywood!

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
IPD was very obviously way out of his depth.

I've done some expert witness work, and with some exceptions. PDs are not the top graduates. I have a friend who's been a PD for more than 30 years who is highly intelligent and very dedicated, but he's the exception.

Once in a while the court will pay for a private lawyer, if all the PDs are booked or for other reasons. That's when the taxpayer REALLY gets it.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I did read most or all of the posts in this thread.

Today I realized gun haters may be a misapplied term.

I think they are result haters...

Guns are just the intermediate point. Guns don't kill, people do.

People are the problem, not the tool. The tool does make it easier though...as compared to a baseball bat or chainsaw, can of gas, or a knife. But they all work.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
More then likely she knew the person or his family. I got dragged in there in front if her. After letting the other dead beats off she started reading me the riot act. Really ticked her off because she had to throw it out.

But she did leave the option of it being tried for up to a year. I was in the right, and everyone in the courtroom was saying they would have done the same thing. So the plantiff and the judge didn't have a leg to stand on.

I got dragged in for shooting a neighbors dog after it went after my two year old grandson. Neighbor got butt hurt and had family in the sherrifs department. So he was able to get it pushed through. But chickened out after I showed up to court with everybody who lived on the street to testify to the nature of his dog.

That was one of the cases that prompted the new county ordinances pushing all liability and responsibility onto the animals owner.

Before then it was "Good Luck!!!".

I think I remember that! I wondered what happened with it, the media reported on it initially and that was IT. So "they" reported that the animal was shot by someone, and the interviews all said "it was a sweet dog", stuff you always year. Thx for posting...now I know [in Paul Harvey's voice] the rest of the story. The judge's actions don't surprise me much.

the other side effect is that if one is searching for homeowner's insurance, they'll sometimes not even insure you if you have certain breeds. My brother found that out....as did my "neighbor", pit. They found out that the insurance company sends people out to do inspections, and you might or might not be outside or even home. "Neighbor" kept his pit outside on a chain, insurance agent called one day and said "you have a potentially vicious breed", and they dropped him. Out of the blue! He had to get new insurance which was a pain in the neck, and even then they made him get rid of the animal. In a way I'm kinda glad because the neighborhood is full of young kids, and often walk from house to house and sometimes not on the road, more frequently though yards. Having been involved in a dog attack, I can tell you firsthand that it ain't no fun. All it takes is ONCE. People often don't think about that stuff. "They're so sweet" until that one time, and it ain't gotta be a pit. In my case, an ACD (we call them heelers, red, blue or whatever). Ripped part of my scalp off, and my left ear when I was young. Thankfully I don't remember it (had an accident years after where I lost a lot of memory).

Status
Not open for further replies.