Gun haters have a new problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Assuming you had either a cartridge case and/or still viable projectile for forensics to work with.
Agree 100%. Should have stated that. I did state “recent purchase” though. Polymer rounds may help. I haven’t handled the new polymer cartridge cases yet. Have you? I think I recall they had a base that would imprint from the firing pin. Not 100% sure.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Agree 100%. Should have stated that. I did state “recent purchase” though. Polymer rounds may help. I haven’t handled the new polymer cartridge cases yet. Have you? I think I recall they had a base that would imprint from the firing pin. Not 100% sure.
Yes PC ammo still uses a steel case that is over-molded with polymer. So the traditional seating and use of primers remains unchanged. I expect some 'imprinting' of the case head to the chamber (upon expansion) might also be detectable. So as long as you had the unaltered weapon and a fired case....modern forensics can likely pair the two.

No, I have not handled any of the new PC cartridges. 'True Velocity' (manufacturer) is in my Home State however and I'd love to go see the facility.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I don't care what forensic tools the good guys have, I've never understood why the bad guys have never watched 'CSI' type TV programs ? The simple ,easy, 100 % effective way to defeat 'forensics' is to break down the weapon, using gloves of course ,clean it a bit, then toss the INDIVIDUAL parts here there, everywhere (say down the highway for 50-100 mile 'roadtrip'. At the same time, get rid of all the rounds.
Now if you just HAVE to keep the gun... buy a twin, swap barrels, commit the crime, swap barrels back(so numbers match). Forensic guy cannot match either real gun to the crime as a 3rd one was used.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have yet seen any forensics for load of 00 buck,, just sayin

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I have yet seen any forensics for load of 00 buck,, just sayin
That's my plan C. 12ga with buck shot.

Plan A is our 80lb German shepherd. If someone comes in after that bark, you know they are on a mission.

Plan B is a sig 40 with PP rounds.

We have never gotten past plan A. A dog works wonders for keeping the riff raff out and make them really think twice before coming inside.

Heck, our property manager calls and we make arrangements for them to access the house. This is after meeting her. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
That's my plan C. 12ga with buck shot.

Plan A is our 80lb German shepherd. If someone comes in after that bark, you know they are on a mission.

Plan B is a sig 40 with PP rounds.

We have never gotten past plan A. A dog works wonders for keeping the riff raff out and make them really think twice before coming inside.

Heck, our property manager calls and we make arrangements for them to access the house. This is after meeting her. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
A good security system is a big help too.

We have the DEWS system at our house/property. (Dachshund Early Warning System). You're NOT getting past that undetected. We have two....because I like redundancies when it comes to safety. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well Mark you seem to be an expert on just about every thing,,, just sayin

• Haha

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
A good security system is a big help too.

We have the DEWS system at our house/property. (Dachshund Early Warning System). You're NOT getting past that undetected. We have two....because I like redundancies when it comes to safety. ;)
Would that make my system a "SHEWS"????? 🤔🤔🤔😬😬😬😬

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
As Ward Abbott says to Pamela Landy "You talk about this stuff like you read it in a book." :LOL:

If the only thing anyone knows is what he's done himself with his own hands, we would not have a civilization.

A large part of why our country is in the condition its in is directly due to the fact that Americans are not well educated. They read neither in depth, nor broadly. The, "if I'm not doing to use it myself, I don't need to know it" mentality rules in our schools and society, so we are suckers for many things, both economic and political. Our voting patterns prove it.

So if you are expecting me to apologize for being well-read, don't hold your breath.

Ignorance is not a useful thing, and willful ignorance is not an admirable thing.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
One needn't be a forensic scientist to know that forensic scientists can sometimes trace ballistics on a shotgun charge.

If the only thing anyone knows is what he's done himself with his own hands, we would not have a civilization.
The fact that you use the term "shotgun charge" is revealing. ;) Is a shotgun charge the act of rushing forward with a shotgun?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I seen some reference to criminals and putting them back out

ask yourself why some of the more dangerous ones are seemingly let go?

For one, their defense attorneys make a ton of money off of them. Who are a lot of our leaders? Attorneys....

Secondly, look at what happens from the time an arrest is made to trial and beyond. Bail money. Bond. Fines. Court fees. Attorney(s). Just follow the money and you'll see reasons.

And I can say this because I have been on that side of the law, but I actually learned from it and straightened up. But many many of my friends didn't learn. Of course most of them are no longer friends, a few are dead, and the few that are still around? One in particular, became a career supporter of the justice system; 127 arrests from the day he turned 17 until today-he's 45 years old. Every time, it's mostly minor (in a criminal's eyes), IOW, drugs, DUI, parole violation, etc. His brother and I are good friends, we speak often. Their dad is a customer-they own/run a family farm AND a cleaning business. 127 arrests. Remember that.

I just happen to know one of the public defenders as well, and mentioned the problem child's name to her one day. Well known. The question came up, I asked why they keep turning him back out on the streets over and over and over? The answer? MONEY. Why lock him up for years when they know he's gonna get arrested several times for "minor" infractions that generate income? But--looking at the other side of it, he's had lots of opportunities to straighten up and there for a while, he did. But he got back in with the same crowd and back into trouble again about 4 years afterward. I asked him once, man why you keep messing up? He said that nobody wants anything to do with a criminal, won't hire you, won't date, won't have anything to do with you, so you can't work for nobody, you can't live with/off of anyone, so what's the options? Go back to the big house so you can eat a reliable meal 3 times a day and you have a place to sleep without much fear of one of your street enemies slitting your throat while you try to rest. And I understood that point, in his case is a good point. So he just goes back to jail and has a place to live for a while. Then gets back out, and repeats. Fines, bail, bonds, sometimes attorney. Follow the money.

What is kind of sad? This kid really does have a lot of good in him, just chooses not to use it for good things. There's a great example of why that person should be locked up for the rest of his life but they won't because it costs more to house him than it does to let him out and then collect when he gets arrested again.

Guns? I don't really partake in the whole 'gun thing' but I do absolutely believe that the USA is "safe" because so many folks have them in personal posession. Would they do any good in a war-style firefight? Probably not, and a lot of that is due to lack of training. But I do think that an armed citizen is to be respected a little more than an unarmed one, at least if the person with bad intentions knows if that person IS armed. If they KNOW he ain't, I believe that the bad intention people will take advantage, be it a robber, maybe a rapist, or perhaps the government itself. And on that note, I also sometimes wonder if some of the school shootings are in part due to a "no gun policy" on campus. I don't know. Every time I go to a store that has a sign on the window that prohibits firearms inside I can't help but wonder, is this place gonna be a target? For that, I don't agree with any ban. I also don't agree with levying huge taxes on them, as doing so with the intention of making them harder to get, is considered infringement on the right to own. Some argue this is for a militia, but the constitution doesn't really define "militia", so we have to define that...is it a small group of outlaws, or is it a larger group of the general population? Either way, it is not defined well enough to make the decision as to whether a ban, taxes, whatever can be considered a limitation of your right to posses and/or bear. Maybe I'm off base. But I still don't agree with how this current administration is attacking the rights to own.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
It's rather small to use a scatter shot to insure that any and all uneducated lowlifes are duly punished without considering the collateral damage. One finger points forward and there are always three pointing back.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
It's rather small to use a scatter shot to insure that any and all uneducated lowlifes are duly punished without considering the collateral damage. One finger points forward and there are always three pointing back.
Huh?

Could you please expand on this a bit, so we (me) might better understand the meaning of what you wrote? I'm fairly certain there is a point or message in there, but I am unable to extract it.

Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.