Grease fitting

Bill hopkins

Equipment
7100 kubota
May 23, 2022
Ga
Anyone tried one of those "new type" grease fitting head on your grease gun?? They want bout $20 something bucks for it, looks like all the rest I've seen,,,so I'm not sure I'll order one yet..

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
If you search this forum for Lock-N-Lube, you will find that many have switched over to that, including myself. Yet, i keep one grease gun with the original smaller head to get into really tight places, but most times my Lock-N-Lube does a great job.

Reactions: 5 users

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Agreed. the L&L is a great attachment, but you either need to keep the original fitting or buy another gun (I have 3) for tight spots.

Good Vid:

Other ideas are

1655034837095.png

1655034948765.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
X3 for lock n lube. Like others, I also keep a gun with conventional coupler.

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I have lock and lube and the chinese take off both work equally well for me. Accept there are time times that neither will fit the situation. Must have 30 other attachment.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
If you search this forum for Lock-N-Lube, you will find that many have switched over to that, including myself. Yet, i keep one grease gun with the original smaller head to get into really tight places, but most times my Lock-N-Lube does a great job.

I do exactly the same. I have adapters of course... for tight places or hard to reach. But anything I can lock onto....I do.

NW Ohio BX23S

Equipment
BX23S,Mower,FEL,Bhoe Box Scraper
Jul 25, 2018
Oregon, Oh.
Anyone tried one of those "new type" grease fitting head on your grease gun?? They want bout $20 something bucks for it, looks like all the rest I've seen,,,so I'm not sure I'll order one yet..
I know the genuine Lock N Lube fitting works great. This looks like a knock off so not sure how it will hold up. Also L-N-L makes a great grease gun. Little expensive but best I've seen for a manual gun.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Picked this one up on Amazon. Works like an air or hydraulic coupler. Push to connect, pull outer ring to disconnect.
20220612_085442.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
It’s ridiculous that couplers cost more than grease guns.

I think many guys simply don’t know how to adjust the jaws on their original couplers and resort to these $35+ locking couplers which “self-adjust” due to their lever-actions. If more people were shown that original couplers are adjustable they’d realize they don’t need the expensive lever/lockers.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
x10 for the lock-n-lube............ I can get to 95% of all grease zerks............ clutch bearing on B7100... no

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I made the mistake of buying one of these Performance Tool Quick Release Grease Coupler - W54238 | Blain's Farm & Fleet (farmandfleet.com) thinking it was what you all were referring to. What a total piece of garbage. One of the worst things I have ever bought. Sadly I kept it too long after buying it because I was not ready to actually do the greasing on the machine. So I could not return it. $20 paper weight :(
I cannot find the true L&L locally so may resort to Amazon
It says "lifetime warranty" on the package, take it back.

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
I threw the packaging out. And honestly I don't remember where I bought it. Whether at Fleet Farm in Delavan WI or Farm & Fleet in IL. I been shopping at both places so much it all blends together LOL I'm just chalking it up to $20 learning experience

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I made the mistake of buying one of these Performance Tool Quick Release Grease Coupler - W54238 | Blain's Farm & Fleet (farmandfleet.com) thinking it was what you all were referring to. What a total piece of garbage. One of the worst things I have ever bought. Sadly I kept it too long after buying it because I was not ready to actually do the greasing on the machine. So I could not return it. $20 paper weight :(
I cannot find the true L&L locally so may resort to Amazon
I do not believe that L&L is sold by chain retailers or individual auto parts houses.

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
It’s ridiculous that couplers cost more than grease guns.

I think many guys simply don’t know how to adjust the jaws on their original couplers and resort to these $35+ locking couplers which “self-adjust” due to their lever-actions. If more people were shown that original couplers are adjustable they’d realize they don’t need the expensive lever/lockers.
I agree. We maintain about 25-30 pieces of farm equipment here that all have grease fittings and we've never used anything but regular grease gun tips with a flexible hose and this is a full-time operation. Actually our main grease gun right now a Harbor Freight we bought as a backup to our usual Lincoln brand pistol grip type. Strangely the HF has outlasted the Lincoln.

Bill hopkins

Equipment
7100 kubota
May 23, 2022
Ga
Thax for y'all's input-Myself, after thinking about it,it's too long to fit in some tight places on my stuff. Guess I'll stick to the one I have, reg.tip flex hose..

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Just looked on Amazon. Price is MORE than direct and won't deliver until near end of July! Can order from their EBay store or direct and get it cheaper and faster. Which I will do. I tried using the POC I bought from Performance Tool. Junk. I tried using the stock one on my DeWalt. Better but still very frustrating. Gonna order the L&L

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Not to hijack this thread but I'm having real issues with grease guns. I end up wearing more grease than I get into the machine I'm trying to grease. I just threw away another grease gun today.
I'm now considering a Milwaukee or DeWalt cordless, or the German one Tractor Mike advertises.
Any experience with those types?

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
FWIW, Project Farm testing grease guns.

No personal suggestions; I use a standard pistol grip gun with a standard head.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Not to hijack this thread but I'm having real issues with grease guns. I end up wearing more grease than I get into the machine I'm trying to grease. I just threw away another grease gun today.
I'm now considering a Milwaukee or DeWalt cordless, or the German one Tractor Mike advertises.
Any experience with those types?
YOu don’t explain why you’re dissatisfied with your grease gun…but chances are….the tip was not adjusted properly if it pumped grease everywhere except inside the grease fitting.
Grease gun “tips” are adjustable to fit onto and grab the zerk fittings properly. When people buy them they assume they are “one size fits all” and ready to work.

But think of them THIS way: They are like a ”crescent” wrench. They must be adjusted to “snap” onto a zerk fitting and grab it securely…for grease to flow into the fitting only and not spill grease all over the place. If you look closely you will see that the gun tip is not a single-piece…but is adjustable.
Once properly adjusted….they “snap” onto the zerk fitting and do not leak. A “jerk” should be all that is necessary to remove it. If it does not remove with similar force as it took to “snap” it onto the zerk…then it needs to be re-adjusted.

You WILL find the “happy sweet spot” for it…and will not need any crutches such as lok-n-lub or other expensive modifications.

(The most common reason anyone has problems with adjustable grease-gun-tip is that they have equipment with varying sizes of zerk fittings. However, I keep my gun tips at a medium “grip” adjustment and have no problems with them.

Last edited: