gonna snow!!!!!

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Looks like I'm going to have to work tomorrow at moving snow. :eek: 6" of snow tonight/tomorrow at a minimum. Oh well someone has to do it. ;)

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
You can have my share, they are talking another 12+ for Monday -Tuesday.:(

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
8-12 inches here in SW lower Michigan through Monday AM.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You wimps. :eek: :p
It's only a dusting if it's anything short of 24". :D
It's looking like it's going to be snowing here tomorrow, that will be a blast on top of the mud that we have now. :(

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Been real lucky here so far...we get a little snow then rain then back into a freeze....haven't had to deal with any mud yet. Now depending on which weather station we're supposed to get hit with the same storm that Maine is going to get but anything is better than mud. Wolfman, your welcome to my share of mud.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
It's looking like it's going to be snowing here tomorrow, that will be a blast on top of the mud that we have now. :(
I love how they over hype snow falls . It's winter , it snows, it drifts, it storms. It is like the national news is so surprised that this happens . Last night national news "winter storm affects a million people !" 12" of snow through the snow belt area and they freak out . So yep, I agree , bunch of wimps , lol . Back in the day snowfalls like that were expected and no big deal .

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
You wimp. :eek: :p
Unless a truck isn't buried to the frame, it isn't mud season yet.;):D
For me, it is not so much the number of inched we get but the drifting. We can get 3" and I will still have 3' - 5' drifts to contend with. :(

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I love how they over hype snow falls . It's winter , it snows, it drifts, it storms. It is like the national news is so surprised that this happens . Last night national news "winter storm affects a million people !" 12" of snow through the snow belt area and they freak out . So yep, I agree , bunch of wimps , lol . Back in the day snowfalls like that were expected and no big deal .
koja, I was not whining about the coming storm. Like you said, " It's winter , it snows, it drifts, it storms". I have said these things and many more 1000's of times. What I was saying is that I have moved enough snow either with a truck, tractor or shovel that the opportunity to put more time in the seat to do it again does not excite me. If the snow fell some place else, I would not have to console my self with a bottle of Scotch. I agree, people freak out when they hear we are getting a "dusting of snow" and the media professes it like it's the storm of the century.

When you com into Maine the sign says, "WELCOME TO MAINE", I often add, "if you don't like it the way it is you are free to leave. I am still here.:cool::D

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Koja, I'm with you being 60 or so miles north of you west of Cadillac. It never ceases to amaze me how many people that have lived here their entire life whether 18 or 80, and in November when we get the first snow they're in total shock and say " OMG it snowed" LOL!. Of course it always snows in our area of the country and when it happens unlike this year in November it usually is here for the duration of winter.

I liked the comment about "Welcome to Maine" mentioned, and thought that's just like "Welcome to the USA, Love it or Leave it Please" being my
mantra along of course the great state of Michigan.
Al

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Hey, I'm in Cadillac! Pitiful winter here. It's my fault. I got a tractor/72" blower at the end of last year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I got a tractor last spring. Actually found snow shovels for sale this fall in our area. Tried in years past to get one bussed into walmart and couldn't do it!!
Bought a snow shovel and rock salt this fall after the first little snow.

Nothing but rain since :rolleyes:

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
koja, I was not whining about the coming storm. Like you said, " It's winter , it snows, it drifts, it storms". I have said these things and many more 1000's of times. What I was saying is that I have moved enough snow either with a truck, tractor or shovel that the opportunity to put more time in the seat to do it again does not excite me. If the snow fell some place else, I would not have to console my self with a bottle of Scotch. I agree, people freak out when they hear we are getting a "dusting of snow" and the media professes it like it's the storm of the century.

When you com into Maine the sign says, "WELCOME TO MAINE", I often add, "if you don't like it the way it is you are free to leave. I am still here.:cool::D
I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way . Didn't think you were whinning at all . Just agreeing that it seems to be a lot of whimps out there when it comes to winter . I too loose my enthusiasm when it comes to snow removal . Just seems like we get a couple inches or so and the media freaks out .

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
My state freaks out so much they now ban travel during storms. It started a year ago or so.... The first time I heard it, I thought they were kidding :eek::confused::eek:. Breaking News....This is New England....It's cold and it snows! Life must go on.....:rolleyes: maybe they never heard of snow tires....:confused:

My theory is that there are too many people in this state that think a Toyota Prius is a suitable winter vehicle..... So if it's too scary out there to drive a smart car, then nobody should drive.... I just don't understand why they don't get a subaru :confused:

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
I just don't understand why they don't get a subaru :confused:
I'd have to say that a Subaru and Kubota are a good combo to have :D

We got around 6" over night so I just got up early this morning, plowed the snow with the Kubota, and then took the Forester out to play in the snow before the plows got out.

It seems that we are getting more and more "stupid" people when it comes to snow here in central IL too. Every time we are supposed to get a couple inches there is a winter weather warning, stuff gets canceled left and right, and nobody seems to know how to drive in the snow anymore:confused:

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
We got about 5" or so as of this morning sometime. Still snowing. AND blowing. Will need to go back out this afternoon late to do it again. :D. Worst part is the temps are falling. Makes blowing much worse. :eek:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
It is a realty good thing that someone invented the cell phone so ill prepared and incompetent drivers can check on the road conditions, [(while driving) if that is what you call it], in between texting their earth shattering news to those that would parish without such frequent reassurances that they are indeed important to someone.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yeah, been snowing gangbusters here all day. Supposed to snow till tomorrow morning, total around 11 inches. I'm debating about going out before dark and trying to knock off part of it. Waiting until morning after it stops, brings subzero windchills, making snow blowing less fun. On the other hand cleaning the ice out of the snow blower gears twice is not appealing either. Have to make sure gates are clear to get the tractor through, and thanks to the problem that dogs horses coyotes and sheep do not mix well together, all my gates are set down to ground level. Hmm may find out how close I can get to the gate with the loader bucket :eek: If I'd known the bota was in my future I wouldn't have put the raspberry bed so close to that gate...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Unless a truck isn't buried to the frame, it isn't mud season yet.;):D
For me, it is not so much the number of inched we get but the drifting. We can get 3" and I will still have 3' - 5' drifts to contend with. :(
I do get lucky in the fact I have a ton of trees acting as a wind block otherwise my 24" would get a whole lot worse! :eek:

Sunday, Sunday, Monster mud bog racing at North Idaho's Place!
Woke up to a fresh light coat of snow, will the madness ever end. :rolleyes:

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
uploadfromtaptalk1425391364561.jpg had about a foot of snow. governer of ky called for a state of emergency and i tske my little trsctor out to scoop snow into piles once i learned how to drive in the stuff. Just got tractor last summer new. Not bad for a bx2370-1.