Giving Up on Buying a New Kubota

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
It does seem odd but we ran into similar issues buying an Airstream last year. Found one on the lot we liked. Wife wanted to wait a few months to buy it as we were unlikely to be able to use it much over the upcoming year with all the stuff we had going on. Asked them how long it would take if we held off and ordered one. Half ($40K) down payment to secure it and 2 year wait from date of order to get it. 2 years to get an $80K trailer that’s pre-sold. We bought the one on the lot. Figured it wouldn’t hurt it much to sit at my house for a year if we didn’t use it.

The world is crazy. For some things I can’t get people to take my money.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
think tractor shopping is bad, try, yeah go ahead TRY, to a find the following pickup truck..
F150, regular cab, short box(6.5),XLT, V-8
I don't care about colour or 4wd/vs 2wd.
please report back with a link IF you find one
I KNOW there are NONE in Canada(Ford checked...)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
think tractor shopping is bad, try, yeah go ahead TRY, to a find the following pickup truck..
F150, regular cab, short box(6.5),XLT, V-8
I don't care about colour or 4wd/vs 2wd.
please report back with a link IF you find one
I KNOW there are NONE in Canada(Ford checked...)
I know, right! It’s almost like Ford only cares about building trucks that people actually buy 😂

edit: you would be better off looking at a F250 for that sort of configuration

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

OldSchoolWays

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
Wisconsin
Didn’t realize Ford made a standard cab short box any more. Raptor maybe?
OldSchoolWay,
I see your located in Wi, I would guess you had checked with Service Motors as to inventory?
Thank you. Called the Wausau store and they have in stock 95% of what I need. Just need to pull inventory from a couple different stores.

Reactions: 1 users

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
I think what I'm LEAST happy with on the L2500 is the SHORT wheelbase (61.2 inches). Really plays hell with balancing traction and load, especially when you have heavy stuff hanging off each end (loader, blade). With the blade off, and the empty FEL lifted, I can just about lift the rear tires off the ground!

I don't know WHY I don't see ANY Kubotas with rear wheel weights! I probably looked at 100 used L and M series tractors yesterday. Did not see one set of rear wheel weights. I noticed that the larger (>40hp) Kubota tractors have a 4-bolt arrangement to mount weights. That's pretty standard across brands, bolt hole diameter commonly 14 or 16 inches. My little L uses SIX bolts (sigh), on a 10.25" circle. I looked at 40 or 50 sets of rear wheel weights that will sell in the next couple of weeks. Plus, Wenger's had an acre covered with wheel weights. Not one set mounted up with 6 bolts. A few three-bolt sets that looked like they might work, but they all had a bigger bolt circle.

I was contemplating making adapters (6-bolt to 4-bolt) because the vast majority of loose rear wheel weights I see are 4-bolt. Then, also, I can spread the bolt circle out to a more standard (14" or 16") diameter. But, the adapters will probably cost me as much to make as the weights themselves will cost! <spit>

I guess I could redrill some weights to fit my bolt circle. But, that's TWELVE big holes each through ~4 inches of cast iron...

On the good side, she starts easy and runs SMOOTH! And there's plenty of power. I was grading the driveway in 6th gear with a 7-foot blade. Just had to keep a hand on the lift lever to balance the load and traction. It's got Firestone 23-degree ag lugs on the rear. I always liked that tire on a farm tractor! It's a real digger.

-Paul

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
well, you could cast your own, out of concrete......
few years ago I could get anything cast in iron from a 'barter' I'd done. sadly foundry closed down.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I know, right! It’s almost like Ford only cares about building trucks that people actually buy 😂

edit: you would be better off looking at a F250 for that sort of configuration
Perhaps it’s precisely this manner of thinking that lead to our local Ford dealer going out of business this past month.

Mike

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Perhaps it’s precisely this manner of thinking that lead to our local Ford dealer going out of business this past month.

Mike
Stocking vehicle models that are popular resulted in the dealer going out of business????

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Thank you. Called the Wausau store and they have in stock 95% of what I need. Just need to pull inventory from a couple different stores.
[/QUOTE]
That’s good! Post pictures when you get it. Which model do they have?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
You can't buy an F250, reg cab, short box in Canada,eh !
Also can't buy a 2wd Ranger either
Try buying a Maverick. I bet it's worse.

I've finally given up and just gonna keep driving what I have for now.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
took grandaughter's mom a YEAR to wait for hers..
local dealer says they can make what I want, I said fine, BUT I need to test drive before I shell out ANY coins, including the deposit. no sale.

I KNOW there's going to be a LOT of used, 4door,4wd available soon but don't need 4 doors or 4wd, Drove a '67 Mustang in snow a lot for years..... oh well.. I'm better trying to put 10K into my current ride than 100 into a new one.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Mike
Was that the one in Elma? I suspect there is another reason other then not stocking regular cab short bed trucks 😂.

You can't buy an F250, reg cab, short box
Not a short bed, but you probably have a better chance of finding a regular cab 250 then a 150, bonus is you get a real truck 😃.

Try buying a Maverick. I bet it's worse.
not sure how many of the ones that come through here were already sold or how long the wait was, but I see quite a few come through for PDIs. I try to stay as far away from sales as I can 😂

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
If I wanted a 'real truck', I'd not sold my '57 Willys 4wd pickup. reg cab, short box, 12 speed, dual PTOs, 4.88s, WARN even gave me new free hubs( couldn't fix the old ones). Put a 1/2" chain between it and yor 'real truck' , and snah your pink slip.

• Haha

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
Three months, five dealers , multiple contacts with Kubota direct and now answers. Never realized trying to spend $70k would be so difficult.

Planned on buying an LX3310HSDC, loader, leveler, 3rd function, forks, commercial front snowblower, lights, radio, hydraulic remote hookup for the 3-point. Had it all worked out with the dealership only to get there and find out they can’t get the LX3310 anymore.

Okay, where now on to the LX3520 or LX4020. Start calling around to find one dealership that can put this package together and not one could say if or when they could deliver because they’re waiting on Kubota for an allocation of snowblower drivetrain and mounting parts and Kubota doesn’t provide this information to them. Made multiple attempts myself contacting Kubota direct and received no real answer, just contact your dealership.

Now with the change in financing the cost to purchase this tractor just went up $7k.

I find it interesting that not one Kubota dealership sold straight Kubota. Each one sold other brands in the same size like Bobcat, New Holland and Massey Ferguson.
I love my Kubota but you might want to look at Kioti. They lift more.

• Haha

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
I love my Kubota but you might want to look at Kioti. They lift more.
Kinda hard to lift anything when their loaders are constantly breaking due to the cheap metal used in those tractors. One only needs to spend a few minutes in a Kioti group to see the constant posts of issues…

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
If I wanted a 'real truck', I'd not sold my '57 Willys 4wd pickup. reg cab, short box, 12 speed, dual PTOs, 4.88s, WARN even gave me new free hubs( couldn't fix the old ones). Put a 1/2" chain between it and yor 'real truck' , and snah your pink slip.
Just buy Ford's EV truck the Lightning. I bet they will come pick you up and take you to lunch, and the sales manager will "thank you" in person - and mean it. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Just buy Ford's EV truck the Lightning. I bet they will come pick you up and take you to lunch, and the sales manager will "thank you" in person - and mean it. :ROFLMAO:
I reckon those EV trucks will be excellent for the right person. Useless if you're a farmer who wants to tow stuff to town (you'll run out of power before you get there). Excellent if you're a tradesperson who drives to a job site with a truck full of tools, run all your electric stuff off your truck all day, then drive home at the end of the day and charge.

EVs are brilliant at a lot of things. They're a great second car. They're not making as many of them as people want (for all the reasons we know with those damn kids in Congo just not working hard enough). So if the people that they work really well for buy them, that leaves the rest of us to keep driving what we're driving and be happy.

For us, both of us drive long trips - neither of us drive 50kms to work and back each day, and charge at night. So they don't work for us. But great for my brother, who commutes to work every day, and has a different car to tow the boat on the weekend.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
I'd have considered ,probably bought a Lightning IF it came in a regular cab, short box version. the current version can't get to SIL's place (260 miles away) on a full charge, charging times are terrible, and oh yeah, huge recall due to um, ah, 'battery ' problems.... oh yeah, it will NOT tow a 7000# trailer up the hill here. Also some insurance companies are requiring them to NOT be stored in an attached garage.
I did have a Mustang-E in the driveway for 3 hours, another not so great idea. 4 door Mustang ?, idiots,take it back. yeah the 'we forgot the info screen' BLOCKS a driver's vision,looks like a 13 yr old computer geek did that .....
Sad thing is I'm old enough to remember getting rides on an electric milk delivery truck, did 'energy harvesting' 5 decades ago and my 4 decade+ radio shack LCD clock is STILL running on 2 of their AA batteries