Giving Up on Buying a New Kubota

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I love my Kubota but you might want to look at Kioti. They lift more.
But notice that he bought a new Kubota M5-111 for himself! I no longer subscribe to Courtney's channel but I would absolutely buy from him again.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I saw a local guy at the hardware had a new "powerboost" F150
I asked him about it and it doesn't plug in but it does have a big battery that the gas engine charges the battery. Then it runs on electric the the battery drains and the gas engine charges it back up, repeatedly.
What a great idea. I've often wondered why the motion of the vehicle wouldn't generate electric to charge itself. Ford figured it out.

As far as kubota shopping. The dealers here in Maine are loaded with tractors.
And they sell only kubota.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I asked him about it and it doesn't plug in but it does have a big battery that the gas engine charges the battery. Then it runs on electric the the battery drains and the gas engine charges it back up, repeatedly.
What a great idea. I've often wondered why the motion of the vehicle wouldn't generate electric to charge itself. Ford figured it out.

The Power Boost only (or mostly) draws battery power for peak output (for short durations). It is essentially just a hybrid truck; the overwhelming direct power source for the truck is the ICE.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ

Sounds like a Toyota Prius (i.e. hybrid). Not a bad idea, but not exactly invented by Ford!!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I've often wondered why the motion of the vehicle wouldn't generate electric to charge itself

it's been done for decades. The common method is 'regenerative braking'. Energy to slow down vehicle is used to charge the battery. NOT very efficient, IE: you can't recharge the battery 100% ( that is a physics thing....)

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Stocking vehicle models that are popular resulted in the dealer going out of business????
LOL, yes. They had plenty of new Super Duty’s, F-150 crew cabs, Mavericks, Bronco’s and the rest. Often times, when a dealership is mismanaged and doesn’t want to assist and help customer needs (like refusing to order/dealer trade for a vehicle), they will go out of business. This was the case here.

Mike

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Was that the one in Elma? I suspect there is another reason other then not stocking regular cab short bed trucks 😂.

Not a short bed, but you probably have a better chance of finding a regular cab 250 then a 150, bonus is you get a real truck 😃.

not sure how many of the ones that come through here were already sold or how long the wait was, but I see quite a few come through for PDIs. I try to stay as far away from sales as I can 😂
Yes, correct.

There were several reasons but, an unwillingness to help with specific customer needs was a factor in their closing.

Mike

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I've often wondered why the motion of the vehicle wouldn't generate electric to charge itself. Ford figured it out.

Respectfully, Ford did not figure anything out. No one has really.

There is this law in Physics called the "Conservation of Mass and Energy"

No one breaks it.

You can't even bend it a little.

If it requires 1 gallon of diesel to generate enough energy to go 30 miles in Truck A, that diesel will be burnt in Truck A, or at the Electric Plant for Truck A, but rest assured 1 gallon must be burnt.

It's all about control from .Gov

This "electric car/truck" Hocus-Pocus is a direct result of the softening our schools science curriculum so the mass's will fall for anything. Its very similar to them telling us boys can be girls by identifying as one, and such similar nonsense.

Hydrogen is/should/might be our next best fuel. Abundant and clean.

My friend, a local retired GM Engineer and retired Automotive Technology professor, sent me this video.

Feel free to pass it around, its quite eye opening. (And thats one badass looking truck)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
As long as anyone's alive that remembers the Hindenburg, Hydrogen probably won't get 'approval'. That 'truck' is just a toy same as Ford's Shelby-ized F150. Can't even haul groceries,let alone tools or sheets of drywall. Doubt it'd haul 7K of pony pucks either
I was more impressed with what 'Smokey' did in the 70s to get great performance(HP and MPG ) out of gas engines.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I'd have considered ,probably bought a Lightning IF it came in a regular cab, short box version. the current version can't get to SIL's place (260 miles away) on a full charge, charging times are terrible, and oh yeah, huge recall due to um, ah, 'battery ' problems.... oh yeah, it will NOT tow a 7000# trailer up the hill here. Also some insurance companies are requiring them to NOT be stored in an attached garage.
I did have a Mustang-E in the driveway for 3 hours, another not so great idea. 4 door Mustang ?, idiots,take it back. yeah the 'we forgot the info screen' BLOCKS a driver's vision,looks like a 13 yr old computer geek did that .....
Sad thing is I'm old enough to remember getting rides on an electric milk delivery truck, did 'energy harvesting' 5 decades ago and my 4 decade+ radio shack LCD clock is STILL running on 2 of their AA batteries
I always wanted to marry a Japanese woman so my mother-in-law would live in Toyoko. The same goes for sister and brother-in-laws.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Hydrogen is/should/might be our next best fuel. Abundant and clean.
Hydrogen isn't really a fuel in the traditional sense, nor is it abundant. Hydrogen is really more akin to a battery. You can't get hydrogen in a burnable form, you have to start with water and use a shed load of electricity to electrolyse it into hydrogen and oxygen. When you burn it you get most of the energy back, and turns the hydrogen and oxygen back into water. It's a zero sum game (a little less than zero - you have losses along the way).

Hydrogen is also notoriously difficult to store and transport. It leaks out of everything (smallest atom), and it makes metal brittle so you have to keep replacing the pipes.

Natural gas (methane) is a much better bet. If you can make hydrogen you can make methane, and methane is a lot easier to work with than hydrogen.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I’ve owned my Kubota for over 16yrs. Can’t believe the manufacturers only response to everything has been “contact your dealer”
You are not buying a tractor from Kubota, you are buying from an independent dealership. Kubota corporate is not going to go around your dealer.

Reactions: 1 user

OldSchoolWays

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
Wisconsin
Follow up.

Six dealers with now luck finding the LX I was looking for. Driving past Alexandria, MN the end of last month and needing a driving break I exit to get gas. I see the Kubota dealership and drive past to see what they might have, it’s just after 7am and they’re not open yet. In the back still on the shipping rack the LX I was looking for. Less than four weeks later and the complete setup is sitting in my shop.

Fantastic dealership experience from the first telephone call to the delivery at my place. A shoutout to Alex Power Equipment in Alexandria, MN. The salesman Mark address everything I asked for and then some.

My wife’s dog even approved

Attachments

Reactions: 10 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Follow up.

Six dealers with now luck finding the LX I was looking for. Driving past Alexandria, MN the end of last month and needing a driving break I exit to get gas. I see the Kubota dealership and drive past to see what they might have, it’s just after 7am and they’re not open yet. In the back still on the shipping rack the LX I was looking for. Less than four weeks later and the complete setup is sitting in my shop.

Fantastic dealership experience from the first telephone call to the delivery at my place. A shoutout to Alex Power Equipment in Alexandria, MN. The salesman Mark address everything I asked for and then some.

Congratulations on your new tractor. Time to change the equipment list below your name.

Your wife has a cute dog! 😂

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Follow up.

That’s a great looking machine and dog! Seems like you earned it with that long wait. I hope it exceeds your expectations. Enjoy that new tractor smell! 🥃

Jka1880

Equipment
Bx1880
Apr 29, 2024
Canada
Congrats! I share your fustration you had. I have been looking for a long time for a little tractor in my area but just couldn't find what I wanted. Sadly I gave in and bought a smaller BX1880 instead of my dream BX2680 because the need overcame the want. In the end I'm happy with it and who knows maybe in the future I can still get that tractor

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Follow up.

It is always wonderful to hear of a HAPPY ending!
Congratulations!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Follow up.

Is that a heated rear glass in the cab? It certainly looks like it in the picture. Good looking dog and tractor, however, I am more partial to dogs than tractors. :)

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Congrats! I share your fustration you had. I have been looking for a long time for a little tractor in my area but just couldn't find what I wanted. Sadly I gave in and bought a smaller BX1880 instead of my dream BX2680 because the need overcame the want. In the end I'm happy with it and who knows maybe in the future I can still get that tractor
Besides engine and PTO horse power, everything else is equal between the two tractors. Some days I kind of wished for more HP but in the end, I’m happy with my 1880.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
OK, so it takes a little longer to get a job done, big deal....heck that's MORE tractor seat time !!!
Sure beats sittin in the house all day !!!

Reactions: 1 users