Gear heads

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
We know this administration has it in for those gun guys, and now its gear heads

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
We know this administration has it in for those gun guys, and now its gear heads
Rabble rousing half or maybe at best quarter truths. 2016 EPA rulings, may or may not affect street cars being transformed into ""off road" vehicles.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Unfortunately having Chit for brains seems to be a prerequisite for most people in office no matter where you come from. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sorry sheepfarmer if I can find another article, I will share, in the strictest sense you would not be allowed to put duel stacks on your truck would that make it a race truck, not that you would do such a thing, it is how ever YOUR RIGHT , but you get the drift. Basically, as it came from the factory that is how it stays. No 34 inch Desert Dogs, nothing. Perhaps it was the off road guys interpolation , but the point is it is one more freedom being removed from us,, WE THE PEOPLE ,,
It would akin to them saying you cannot cross bred your sheep, that aint right either,, and trust me it is not for the children,, It is all about control just MHO

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Sorry sheepfarmer if I can find another article, I will share, in the strictest sense you would not be allowed to put duel stacks on your truck would that make it a race truck, not that you would do such a thing, it is how ever YOUR RIGHT , but you get the drift. Basically, as it came from the factory that is how it stays. No 34 inch Desert Dogs, nothing. Perhaps it was the off road guys interpolation , but the point is it is one more freedom being removed from us,, WE THE PEOPLE ,,
It would akin to them saying you cannot cross bred your sheep, that aint right either,, and trust me it is not for the children,, It is all about control just MHO
I see both sides of the argument and short of getting into a big discussion I'm just glad I was born when I was. Pretty sure that if I could a new Hellcat this old man would have one in the garage right now but I'd settle for a 68 or 69 440 6 pack, you choose.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well you have to admit blaming an after 2016 regulation on Biden does cast doubt on the credibility of your source. 🤣

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well if he is going to push it, theeeennnn ya know what I mean. This has been coming for some time, the EPA is after the guys that make the tuning kits for diesels and have been before the 16 election but now they are pushing hard since they have all the power they need,, just MHO

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I'm confused. How does any rule or restriction prevent racing? Ruling bodies have had all sorts of rules and regulations limiting performance and/or equalizing the playing field. EG: Nascar requires restrictor plates to limit HP. They did that on their own, with no input or pressure from any government, and it doesn't seem to have ruined the sport (or affected their bottom line).

For years, companies have been flying under the radar selling products designed to circumvent emissions regulations. I remember the advent of test pipes, to "temporarily" replace the cat converter. "For offroad use only" -- nudge nudge wink wink.

As I understand it, the EPA is not banning aftermarket performance accessories. They are requiring that the manufacturers demonstrate that a vehicle fitted with said product will still meet emissions requirements. EG: if you want a freer flowing exhaust, don't delete the cat, just replace it with a bigger cat that still does the job.

People will race anything, and this won't stop it. It won't even slow it down.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I prefer beer over cool aid.

Though that popped into my head after reading this thread. Not sure why really...But this really is the truth... :eek:

PS...retired now for a while, so having a beer in the early afternoon, after enjoying some time on my old, but functional, Kubota mini ex...