North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sometimes you've got to be a detective to give great info. ;):unsure:

Look at where they are, every region / country can have different tractors ( yes they can be the same letters and numbers and be different) that we are used to seeing or hearing about.

Kubota has gotten into the bad habit of repeating numbers witch gets real confusing.

L XX01 and LXX02 used to only be older grey market tractors.
L2500 can be real old or newer old.
B7001 can be a B7001 or a B7100
A BX23 has 2 versions (BX23D and BX23S) that are completely different.
Kubota EU now has L1 units, L1's were always old Grey market tractors.

There are thousands of various oddities.

While there are some tractors that are the same across different models most are not.
One example, Telling someone that well a L2500 is close to L2501 so they should have the same wiring simply is not even close to true, there is a 20 year difference between the them.

I know we all try the best to help everyone we can, but don't discount the possibility you might be blowing smoke without even knowing it. 🤪

Reactions: 17 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Another vote for buying a JD or Mahindra? Nah, I will put up with the flakey numbering system. I am going to be getting a BX28S. It is the same tractor as the BX23S with the spaces between the top and bottom of the 3 filled in.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Another vote for buying a JD or Mahindra? Nah, I will put up with the flakey numbering system. I am going to be getting a BX28S. It is the same tractor as the BX23S with the spaces between the top and bottom of the 3 filled in.
Has a dealer quoted you a price yet on that BX28S ? :ROFLMAO:

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Different countries use different setups. I’m in Canada and I have a Quicke/Alo loader. Some parts are available through Kubota , others are sourced through different dealerships, for example internal hydraulic parts. It’s a pain.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I do like how clean Kubota has kept the long running MX series with numbers representing HP and no additional version identifiers.

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
JD has reused model numbers too!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Suspected spam reported

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Whenever possible try to determine the year of manufacture not the year of sale. An example, my tractor (BX23S) was manufactured in November 2019 and was sold in April 2020. The dealer's paperwork indicated it is a 2020 tractor, and it wasn't until I received the Certificate of Origin from Kubota through the selling dealer I found out when it was manufactured. It doesn't make any difference unless there is a running part change between the time the tractor was manufactured and sold. Then you will need the serial number to be certain that you are getting the correct part since some parts are not backward compatible.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Whenever possible try to determine the year of manufacture not the year of sale. An example, my tractor (BX23S) was manufactured in November 2019 and was sold in April 2020. The dealer's paperwork indicated it is a 2020 tractor, and it wasn't until I received the Certificate of Origin from Kubota through the selling dealer I found out when it was manufactured. It doesn't make any difference unless there is a running part change between the time the tractor was manufactured and sold. Then you will need the serial number to be certain that you are getting the correct part since some parts are not backward compatible.
@DustyRusty - true.

"Years" don't mean as much for USA Kubota tractors like we know automobiles, snowmobiles, etc., with Year and VIN.

Serial Numbers dictate a part number change. Year means nothing,

When I look up parts at Kubota Tractor Corporation - Illustrated Parts List (kubotausa.com) , they break by serial number not year.

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
There is a Mahindra dealer about ten miles from where I sit. He had one of his larger 4wd tractors on his lot that was broken in half where I would assume the end of the transmission and the beginning of the rear axle began (stick shift unit). I looked at the casting and while it appeared very nice on the outside, the overall thickness was very thin and the bosses that supported bearings weren't very thick.

The tractor must have thought so because it seemed that it began to fail at the bearing bosses and finally took out the whole transmission and rear axle case, at least according to the dealer. It took them about 9 months to get the necessary replacement parts, as the unit was still under warranty. I wonder if the replacement case was an upgraded design?

That ended my very short search into Mahindra tractors.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
A GOOD plan!