Fueling solutions

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
The only seller of diesel in town sold out. Filling two 5 gallon cans at a time and bringing home for the tractor was do-able, but fighting those cans to dump the fuel into the tank was always a miserable job.

I now have to drive a little more than a half hour for the nearest station with diesel. We have to head down there for food shopping anyway, but if I need fuel in between, it's a PITA.

So I want to solve my fueling problems once and for all. I've just about decided to finally bite the bullet and order the Enduraplas setup. All in one.. poly tank, 12VDC Fillrite pump and nozzle. Pricey, but allows me easier access to fuel storage and dispensing... and, I'm not getting any younger.

But, I'd like to be able to power the pump with a 120VAC to 12VDC converter mounted to the wall of the garage, instead of having to position a vehicle nearby, popping the hood to run the pump. I'd be able to do it either way.
Enduraplas states that a battery capable of 30 amps is required .. I assume 30 amp/hr? Not a battery with much oomph..

I'm not much on electrical specs.. So, could someone point me to a 120VAC to 12VDC converter that would be a good solution to power the pump?

http://www.enduraplas.com/product-category/endura-refueling-management/diesel-transfer-tanks/

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Power it with the tractor battery as you fill up. I already had a 12v pump so instead of buying a 110v pump I just put alligator clips on the 12v and do it that way. The tractor will be there so why not.

You can also power it with a jump box if you have one of those.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you actually need 30 amps, not 30 amp hours.
30amp converters are not cheap, a good, safe one will run you $100 plus.
Way simpler, small lawn mower battery and either a maintainer charger or a solar charger, that way it works if the power goes out too! ;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
How much diesel do you use? One tractor or others also? If you're THAT far from a diesel pump you might consider a tank mounted on stands. Probably have to purchase 100 gal. min. but they bring it to you. It 6' in the air so gravity is your pump, no electricity needed. Pretty simple, but you need the volume for their min. delivery for it to work.

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
Way simpler, small lawn mower battery and either a maintainer charger or a solar charger, that way it works if the power goes out too! ;)

That's what I do. I just use a spare car battery and leave it sitting on my transfer tank. When empty load it up on the back of the truck with the forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I also use Anderson connectors on the truck and tractor. My fuel platform is a transfer tank in my truck, so 120v or a dedicated battery doesn't make sense. I keep the elec cable locked up in the tool box, then plug it in to the under hood connector or the tractor depending on how i am positioned.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I found that a HB hand cranked fuel pump stuck into a 55 gallon blue plastic barrel works grand