FUEL Prices

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Come to Canada if you think you have it bad, $1.62 a litre today and you have to bend over while you pump. o_O
I’ve also noticed that housing is insanely expensive in Canada. The wages there must also be commensurate with the high prices?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I’ve also noticed that housing is insanely expensive in Canada. The wages there must also be commensurate with the high prices?
I'm afraid many younger people will never own their own homes, probably waiting for their parents to leave them a home. :(

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Propane is THAT high? Were just filling a small tank for a cooker? I paid $1.49 for a summer fill probably 4 months ago, and contract price was $1.79!

At $4.54 a gallon I'd be going back to heating with wood. Hedge (Osage Orange) is about $275 a full cord and take 4 cords for a winter.
Yes, but we are only filling a 100 pound tank for cooking. I think it took 16 gallons, which is a little more than half the tank capacity.

I saw your $1.49 price a while back. Knew we’d never be close.

I think propane has been around $3-3.50 last couple years. $4.54 surprised me also, plus the supplier whacked us a $100 “tank fee” this year due to our low usage.

That said, our local HVAC service person is considering retirement. He’s a one-man show we’ve used for 20+ years. Good guy that works hard.

Our fuel and propane supplier is headquartered 1 mile from our house. They’ve gotten into HVAC system sales, installation and service. I’m not inclined to burn any bridges with them as I think we may need to rely on them for service down the road.

Sometimes there’s a downside to rural communities in that there’s not a lot of options for supply or service. 🥺

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I use about 1000 gallons of propane per winter for cooking, heating, clothes drying, and hot water. I just got a quote from a new supplier for $1.40 per gallon. Once our present 4 tanks are empty, they will be removing them and installing their new tanks. The empty old tanks will be headed back to our old supplier who sold out a couple of years ago and the new owners want to recoup their investment with higher propane charges and delivery fees and charges. They just implemented a "compliance fee" of just shy of $15 per delivery.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
No.

Our few banks have a government guaranteed monopoly here and since the 1990's they don't pay depositors any money and they don't want your business because you have nowhere else to go.

Housing prices are inflated because people started speculating in real estate as interest rates were low and it was the only way to get a return on your money.

Even at $30/hr it's hard to get a $1M mortgage. Heck they can't afford to pay rent anymore.

If the government had any sense they would force banks to pay depositors at least prime rate less a percent. Instead they are trying to encourage more investment in construction so more properties can sit empty while speculators live the dream of getting rich running short term airb&b rentals.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mike I dont know who is worse about taking care of their people, your pretty boy or our old man

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Mike I dont know who is worse about taking care of their people, your pretty boy or our old man
All politicians are the same...you know the saying "a foot fetishist will work in a shoe store".

Personally I believe that no one in government should be allowed who has a criminal record, been personally bankrupt or responsible for a company that has been bankrupt.

Unfortunately the law would never get passed because at least half of them would fail the test.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
All politicians are the same...you know the saying "a foot fetishist will work in a shoe store".

Personally I believe that no one in government should be allowed who has a criminal record, been personally bankrupt or responsible for a company that has been bankrupt.

Unfortunately the law would never get passed because at least half of them would fail the test.
If a politician doesn't know what a budget is, or use one personally they are not qualified to manage other people's funds.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: If a politician doesn't know what a budget is, or use one personally they are not qualified to manage other people's funds.

'they' don't know or care....get free money,benefits, perks from the taxpayers and NOT accountable for what they do.....

Kinda wonder if ANY school (high ,college, uni) actually has a course in 'home finances' ? Basic stuff like type of bank accounts, credit card use, mortgages, etc.......

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

I would add term limits to that. At least in the US, being a politician shouldn’t be a long term career option. That’s one really big thing our founders missed when they set up our “representative government”. We’ll never see that either.

Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I need to use my tractors more, so I understand what the price of fuel might be now... :cry:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Naww yinz people from north of Da Burgh dont care bout nuttin like that,,, LMAO

• Haha

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If a politician doesn't know what a budget is, or use one personally they are not qualified to manage other people's funds.
I'm still trying to get my head around this article I read this morning

Bottom line...ultraconservative-ex-politician gets paid $253K to chair a panel that wrote a $2M report on how the provincial government responded in the covid crises.

So much for the "smaller fiscally responsible" governments he campaigned for. How do I spell patronage appointments?