Fuel gauge incorrect on kubota L2800

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
Gauge reads half full but was empty. I assume it is sending unit, if so what is best way to remove hood in order to get to sending unit. Hood raises from front and is there a trick to removing hinges. Additionally where is best place to buy sending unit. I just purchased the tractor and found out the hard way about the gauge. Thanks for your help

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
Thanks for your reply wolfman, I think the gauge works, I disconnected the power and it returned to empty and when i reconnect it goes back to 1/2. I ran a stiff wire into the tank and moved the float and it the gauge reacted. I plan on removing the hood and sending unit and testing, I hope it is just sticking.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I have the same problem on mine...

What is a WSM?

I thought the ground was usually the problem....

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
There are 3 wires going to the gauge. Power, ground, and wire to sending unit. Removing the sending wire at the fuel tank and grounding it out will test the wire. If the gauge shows full when shorted, the wire and gauge itself are good.

Then you need to check the sending unit itself. The float should move a needle on a contact strip. Sometimes that strip gets gunked up and is the cause for the malfunction. Some electric contact cleaner spray does the trick as far as cleaning the contact strip on the float.

Sometimes a second ground needs to be run to the body of the sending unit and attached to one of the mounting screws.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Likely the sender. But ground the sender wire and watch the gauge. If gauge goes to full, gauge and wiring are correct, leaving only the sender as the culprit.

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
Not related to my post but: I should be able to see the replys you guys supplied to my issue in my email but I have not. I had to go to the search and see my post and you guys replys. How do I set my acct. up so I receive the responses to a post? Sorry it is off topic but I am a member of other forums and when I supply my email during registration I get responses to any post i generate. Thanks for all your help.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Go to User CP / options and select subscribe to threads you post in.

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
Woud one of you gentemen respond with a test message so i know i have set the system up correctly so i get an email, checked with my local dealer and sending unit is about 70 bucks at 89 bucks an hr for labor. Ching ching

Bjones

Equipment
L2800
Apr 23, 2017
walhalla, s.c.
Thanks d2cat, i just wanted someone to respond to see if i was receiving emails on my post, i didn't have it set up correctly initially. Working correctly now, thanks again.
BJ

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I think my L3800 is suppose to hold 9 gallons(going from memory) but when the gauge shows almost MT...it only takes 5 gallons. Sometimes 4 to fill it when it shows MT. This has been like this since new.