Frustration with waiting on new Kubota order

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
Ordered L2501DT w/LA525 FEL on 5/4...only have "estimated" shipping date of September...nothing firm from Kubota!
Also drove to Welding Supply store this morning to exchange a std 170 cu.ft Argon bottle for some upcoming welding I need to do...they were OUT of stock! I tried to not get testy...but I asked how in the hell can you be out of Argon? Same response...high demand, low supply...
Crazy...

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Talked to a Kubota dealer yesterday. They have quite a few tractors but they are having trouble getting Loaders.

Funny, the loaders are made in the US while the tractor itself is shipped in a crate from Japan.
Supposedly the hard lines on the loader are hard to get at the moment, hence the delay.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

TractorDaddy

Equipment
1989 John Deere 2155, Kubota RTV X900, Kubota M5660SUHD
Jul 14, 2021
The Great State Of Louisiana
Anyone experience very long wait times on a new Kubota? I know, we are in a global supply shortage of seemingly everything.

I ordered a Grand L4060 on Feb 17th. It still has not arrived at the dealer. (supposedly due to arrive within the week). The salesman keeps telling me it is a lot of pieces, to be patient (tractor, BH, pallet forks). Seems like a really long wait, if it does stay on current schedule, it will be easily four months by the time they assemble and get it to me.

I priced the tractor through two dealers. They were within about a 1K of each other, so I went with the closer, smaller dealership. Wondering if a bigger dealer would get the tractor faster...

Thanks,
Sean
I work at a dealership and it pains me I can't get my customers their tractor sooner. I appreciate the patience of the ones that choose to stick with me and the long wait! Having said that, My clients know that I try everything short of building the tractor from scratch to help expedite the process. What I would suggest is to ask your dealer to see if he/she can call around and ask for a transfer. Even if it is out of state! That may not work for the backhoe, but he may have better luck finding the tractor and forks! I'm sure waiting for the backhoe would be much more palatable when you have a tractor to ride to pass the time!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I work at a dealership and it pains me I can't get my customers their tractor sooner. I appreciate the patience of the ones that choose to stick with me and the long wait! Having said that, My clients know that I try everything short of building the tractor from scratch to help expedite the process. What I would suggest is to ask your dealer to see if he/she can call around and ask for a transfer. Even if it is out of state! That may not work for the backhoe, but he may have better luck finding the tractor and forks! I'm sure waiting for the backhoe would be much more palatable when you have a tractor to ride to pass the time!
There must be some luck involved. I called my local dealership a little over a week ago to confirm that I wanted to upgrade to an MX with a cab and they called me within a day to say that they had one showing up in about four weeks. It could be here in three weeks! They have NOTHING out front and haven't for months. Typically they have 40+ tractors, ATVs, mowers, excavators, etc. on their lot.

D

Deleted member 47704

I called my dealer today, they are getting loaders in a couple of days. They aren't sure if the one I need is in the load or not but something is happening.

Spiff215

Equipment
Bx23s (LA340 loader,BT603 backhoe & 60" belly finish mower) and BB126 Landpride
Jul 8, 2021
Talked to a Kubota dealer yesterday. They have quite a few tractors but they are having trouble getting Loaders.

Funny, the loaders are made in the US while the tractor itself is shipped in a crate from Japan.
Upon delivery of my BX23S, the dealer claimed one of the issues causing the delay was the cross support on the front loader.

ManBitesDog

Equipment
Currently Shopping
Jul 8, 2021
SW Florida
108 days.... still no truck.....
We know what's causing that..... Chips. The Chinese find it more profitable to use them in Smart Phones than let us have them for Cars and Trucks. Not that the ChiComs make them (yet), Taiwan and South Korea make most of them. We make 12% of the world's supply of chips. 12 (twelve) percent. The ChiComs are like, "If you know what's good for you, you'll sell us your chips."

They do.

We tried to make chips here, in this Country but it's too complex. Our people just don't have the smarts. Well, some do but nowhere near enough. While the Asians and Europeans are graduating Engineers, we're graduating lawyers. As of 2021 there are 1,352,027 Licensed Lawyers in the US. That works out to 1 lawyer for every 243 men, women and children in the US.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The Chinese find it more profitable to use them in Smart Phones than let us have them for Cars and Trucks.
Not really that as such. Car and truck companies had orders going into the future. When COVID came, they cancelled all those orders, because they stopped making cars and trucks and didn't know when they'd start up again. Meantime, everybody started working from home, and so every bit of electronics in your house got lots of orders....so all those chip factories got orders going 12 months into the future. When cars and trucks started being made again, turns out you have to go to the back of the queue for your orders, and it's a long queue.

It's not so much more profit, it's just that you have to wait your turn.

I'd hope that the car and truck makers learned their lessons - just in time manufacturing, buying lots of things off shore, and not managing your orders all have really bad consequences in times of supply chain disruption. But, of course, they're making massive profits and selling every car and truck they can make at full retail price with no discounting, so I'm pretty sure they learned no lessons at all.

Reactions: 2 users

ManBitesDog

Equipment
Currently Shopping
Jul 8, 2021
SW Florida
Not really that as such. Car and truck companies had orders going into the future. When COVID came, they cancelled all those orders, because they stopped making cars and trucks and didn't know when they'd start up again. Meantime, everybody started working from home, and so every bit of electronics in your house got lots of orders....so all those chip factories got orders going 12 months into the future. When cars and trucks started being made again, turns out you have to go to the back of the queue for your orders, and it's a long queue.

It's not so much more profit, it's just that you have to wait your turn.

I'd hope that the car and truck makers learned their lessons - just in time manufacturing, buying lots of things off shore, and not managing your orders all have really bad consequences in times of supply chain disruption. But, of course, they're making massive profits and selling every car and truck they can make at full retail price with no discounting, so I'm pretty sure they learned no lessons at all.
That's the official explanation. I don't buy it.

My DIL started working from home during the pandemic, she bought exactly zero (0) new electronics. People before the Kung Flu had plenty of electronics. But when the economy turned up, the chip-makers played favorites, they sent the chips to those they had to send chips to -- Or else. People were buying new electronics more based on all the free money they were getting from the goobermint than anything else. There may have been an uptick due to the chilluns being hoome more but, again, electronis were already in the average home in big numbers.

Taiwan makes more chips than anybody else. By far. It's not even close.

Do you remember all the sabre-rattling by the ChiComs several Months ago? If not, you should. It was aimed at Taiwan who, China thinks, is still part of their Mainland Country. It isn't, of course but the ChiComs were making noises like they were going to invade.

China got all the chips they needed. We got squat.

Decades ago, we asked China about the monumental debt they owed us from WWII. They said, "So sorry. That was a different Country. go away"

Then in 1997 when Britain's "Lease" on Hong Kong Expired, the ChiComs were all over them to honor the lease they made with China a hundred years ago. The Brits did because they weren't ready for a fight with China.

Taiwan wasn't/isn't ready for a fight with them either so when China wants chips, they get chips. When we want chips we get excuses.

Foreign Governments laugh at what passes for leadership in our Country. They neither fear us nor respect us. Therefore, we're at the bottom of the list for critical supplies.

And 'Kanban' can (and most often does) mean 'Just Enough'. In the old days, Companies and corporations had the bad habit of stockpiling supplies. Millions of dollars worth sitting in warehouses earing nothing. Toyota did away with that and started doing the 'Just Enough' deal. Somebody interpreted it to mean Just in Time, which is okay, but it also means what I said.

Japanese is a very interesting language. I tried to learn some of it and failed, miserably

Reactions: 1 users

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Its official, I am finally getting my BX23s July 30th :) Ordered it mid March

Reactions: 4 users

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Glad to see some people are getting their tractors.... Still waiting on my L4060 with BH, loader, etc. Entering my 7th month of waiting.
Hoping you get it soon, I hear sometimes the tractor body is in but FEL/BH ect are back ordered… it’s a weird world out there these days.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I have been working with my local dealer and another favorite dealer who is a little further away to try and get into an LX3310.

No one has loaders, they are all saying 1-2 months on those. I asked my local dealer to order a LX3310, they said March of 2022. The other dealer has the machine, but no loader (of course). I was told Kubota will probably be raising prices in roughly 6 months, that was the incentive to sign a deal now, which im not going to do. I think I will just wait it out for things to stabilize and go back to normalcy of tractors and loaders being in stock.

I read somewhere the loader shortage was due to shortage of the pipe stock used to make the cylinders.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
108 days.... still no truck.....
My new truck was ordered in April. I still don’t have a VIN or build date.
However, as ridiculous as they are, I understand the manufacturing complications and I’m not in a rush.

Mike

Motronic

Equipment
B2650, Z421
Jun 3, 2021
PA

Made in the US using a bunch of parts that aren't made in the US.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I have been working with my local dealer and another favorite dealer who is a little further away to try and get into an LX3310.
Not that long ago you moved from a BX to the B. Moving up again? Are you sure you shouldn't go directly to the L2501 instead of doing it one model at a time?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Thanks Paul, I am thinking about L since I don't use mid-PTO ever, but the draw back is weight and my septic field. The other thing is some comfort features.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Thanks Paul, I am thinking about L since I don't use mid-PTO ever, but the draw back is weight and my septic field. The other thing is some comfort features.
For the comfort features you could go Grand L. Weight......well, how sensitive is your septic field really? And how often do you need to drive over it? You can let some air out of the tires to spread weight around a bit.....

I've always thought the LX is the sweet spot. It does most of what the L does, but is a lot lighter. If you're not using it as a farm tractor, it's a great "around the yard" machine - if your yard is 3-4 acres. Unfortunately it takes a 72 inch mower, and that wouldn't fit in my shed. And the B is already larger than I really need, an LX would be a step too far.

Are the comfort features really something you use though? I don't think I'd be giving up much going from my B to an L. I think the split brakes are on the wrong side is the main thing - they're not usable with an HST if you're trying to use them to tighten your turns, or hold the tractor sideways on a hill by braking the uphill wheel. Otherwise, couldn't care about the hump, the cruise. I might notice that the loader control is not as nicely placed and a bit sloppy. Of course, I use a MMM and I'd notice that.

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
yes that exactly what is steering me towards the LX3310 vs the L. I'd say half of my work is in the woods and the other half on lawn. The LX is a nice balance. I made the mistake of sitting in LX seat and it ruined the B2601 operator station for me :) The other advantage is keeping same rear 3 point implements, with the exception of moving to a 5' brush hog instead of 4'. The inventory dilemma is the biggest hurdle right now, the 2601 is 95% of an LX and will do just fine till the backlog clears. Just frustrating to have a deal ready, tractor in a crate, but no loader.