Frustration with waiting on new Kubota order

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You are a grown ass man and you are acting like a kid before Christmas.. welcome to the club!!!
I wanted to say something like that since this thread was started but I have been told I need to keep my statements more civil.

You can call the dealer and bitch all you want but right now the supply chain for almost every thing is a mess. The dealer has no more control of the supply than you did when there was no TP to be found.

As a business man or woman the dealer wants that tractor in his yard and on the way to you as badly as you want it to be delivered.

Reactions: 1 user

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Yup supply and demand. They got behind during shutdowns for COVID and can't keep up. My dealer has been getting in some unsold stock, but then they sell immediately. It is so bad the dealer is delivering them without all the options people ordered and are going to transport the tractor both directions when the parts come in to install them. Doing whatever they can to try to keep the customer happy but is costing them money.

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Yup supply and demand. They got behind during shutdowns for COVID and can't keep up.
Aside from supply chain issues, this is also a huge issue. Most industries aren’t capable of just cranking up production 15-20% on a whim.

We have honed down the manufacturing process to be as efficient as possible which often leads to less flexibility, but on the flip side, cheaper prices.

That’s somewhat of a generalization and varies by business/industry.

jaargh

Equipment
BX1880V w/LA344 FEL, BB1248 Scraper, RCR1248 Brush Mower, 60" Rock Rake
Mar 30, 2021
southern california
I wanted to say something like that since this thread was started but I have been told I need to keep my statements more civil.

You can call the dealer and bitch all you want but right now the supply chain for almost every thing is a mess. The dealer has no more control of the supply than you did when there was no TP to be found.

As a business man or woman the dealer wants that tractor in his yard and on the way to you as badly as you want it to be delivered.
It was my attempt at sarcasm... I only had to wait 1 week for my stuff.. that was the time it took for the dealer to do what needed done so it all could be delivered... that was one long week

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I'll jump on board, ordered a trailer this morning 82"x20', nothing special stock trailer they carry.

I'm told I'll add you to the list, you are #7 in line, I'll contact you when it arrives and we will hold it for 24 hours for pickup. If not picked up we will contact next in line...…..

Any idea on delivery time, no I am sorry but if you can find one you want I understand if you buy it. Please let me know so I can remove you from the waiting list.

A trailer not a tractor made local, wow no eta!

Have a great day OTT!

Jay

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The dealer has no more control of the supply than you did when there was no TP to be found.

Very true - - not a tractor, but lately I've had Out-of-Stock/backorders for a golf cart part, tractor part, LED TV, computer, and a commercial kitchen cutting board.....

Not the sellers' fault...can't sell what they don't have. I know they all would have liked the business.

Reactions: 1 users

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
A little over a year ago, when debate around here was raging and some were of the opinion that the crisis was overblown hype promoted by the media, I pointed out the stunning impact it had already had on Chinese manufacturing and asked:

"So what's going to happen when Wal-Mart and Amazon have nothing left to sell? Auto plants run out of parts? I-phones are unobtainable? "

I guess I have my answer.

Reactions: 3 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well you 'reap what you sow'...... outsourcing and buying cheap goods from ONE supplier aka China for decades.... There ain't much ACTUALLY '100% Made in USA'.
Guy drove 6hrs to buy my sawmill,going to make his own 2by4s ,cause he refuses to pay $12 for them with 1000s in stock at local yard. Suppose to be a law against 'profiteering' but... guv's getting 13% of every sale so they're laughing .

Reactions: 2 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Well you 'reap what you sow'...... outsourcing and buying cheap goods from ONE supplier aka China for decades.... There ain't much ACTUALLY '100% Made in USA'.
Guy drove 6hrs to buy my sawmill,going to make his own 2by4s ,cause he refuses to pay $12 for them with 1000s in stock at local yard. Suppose to be a law against 'profiteering' but... guv's getting 13% of every sale so they're laughing .
I’m looking into doing the same, a friend of mine has a sawmill. This fall we are going to buy a tandem load of logs and I’m going to saw up all the lumber I need to build a shed and a mini pole barn for next spring.

Reactions: 3 users

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
LOL. Laughing at the Christmas analogy, it's perfect:

When I was a kid waiting for some flying, fat old hairy white guy to bring me free stuff, it was a tough.

Now I am waiting for some guy who is make 3 or 4 figures a year behind a desk to be realistic about manufacturing and shipping times, so they take my 60 plus thousand dollars.

Ha.

I have spoken with my dealer and I know what they are dealing with: "shipping" dates get moved, (mine twice so far) and when things are ready to ship, sometimes there isn't a truck available or if there is, a driver isn't available.

Waiting it out in VT.

s

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Not that this will help anyone waiting on parts, tractors or anything else. I ordered 2 more remote kits for mine on May 24, picked them up today. They shipped straight from Jefferson, GA to Jasper, GA. Maybe that helped some?

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
I ordered my BX23 in March, was supposed to be in 4 days ago, spoke to my salesman and the shipment should be here (Eastern Canada) soooo I shall wait :/

RayMann24

Equipment
L4060
Jun 3, 2021
Park City Ks
Anyone experience very long wait times on a new Kubota? I know, we are in a global supply shortage of seemingly everything.

I ordered a Grand L4060 on Feb 17th. It still has not arrived at the dealer. (supposedly due to arrive within the week). The salesman keeps telling me it is a lot of pieces, to be patient (tractor, BH, pallet forks). Seems like a really long wait, if it does stay on current schedule, it will be easily four months by the time they assemble and get it to me.

I priced the tractor through two dealers. They were within about a 1K of each other, so I went with the closer, smaller dealership. Wondering if a bigger dealer would get the tractor faster...

Thanks,
Sean

I also order the Grand L4060 the first of February. Mine arrived at the dealer last Friday. They have been working on the finishing it up hopefully will be delivered tomorrow. I hope you hear about your soon the wait is terrible.

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
I also order the Grand L4060 the first of February. Mine arrived at the dealer last Friday. They have been working on the finishing it up hopefully will be delivered tomorrow. I hope you hear about your soon the wait is terrible.
Congrats RayMann24.
Just heard back from my Kubota dealer: He says Kubota has taken down all expected shipping dates on their computer network!

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
It's funny because I thought I was ahead of the game by ordering everything in February.

I did read an article that stated that if a manufacturer places an order for microchips now, it will take 4 months at best for them to get the shipment and longer if the product is not a cell phone, computer or auto.
I am a buyer for one of the larger medical product companys, buying printed circuit assemblies and complex box build assemblies form one of the larger contract manufacturers. Lead times on electronic components are extending out past 12 months on anything on a silicon based chip. Some of the longest lead times I've seen in over 30 years on the job.

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
Bought the BX off the lot at my dealer at the end of March. They ordered the 60” mower deck that day.

Still

waiting

for

it

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
Bought the BX off the lot at my dealer at the end of March. They ordered the 60” mower deck that day.

Still

waiting

for

it

Had a long talk with my dealer on Friday. Loaders are not currently being scheduled for delivery (they are so far behind) which usually holds up the delivery of the tractor.
I was going to order a plow set up in August but in talking to him, he strongly suggested I order one now. I was lucky that they have one in stock because from last year and next years price is about 1K more.

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Yeah it can be crazy. Especially the LP stuff. They build it in groups so if the piece of equipment you are looking for were just all built last week, it could be several months before they build more.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
My LX3310 was on the dealer lot mid April. I ordered the 64 inch snowblower and was told a few weeks. They had 1 bx77 hoe in stock. I waited about 5 weeks as I could not complete the loan until all serial #ed parts were here. I drive by the dealer all the time and would see my tractor sitting on the lot. My Grandson went past the dealer every day on the school bus. A few days before I got the call he came home from school and said Pop, your tractor must be in the shop.

Thrillseeker

Equipment
L3301F HST
Jun 17, 2021
McDonough GA
Anyone experience very long wait times on a new Kubota? I know, we are in a global supply shortage of seemingly everything.

I ordered a Grand L4060 on Feb 17th. It still has not arrived at the dealer. (supposedly due to arrive within the week). The salesman keeps telling me it is a lot of pieces, to be patient (tractor, BH, pallet forks). Seems like a really long wait, if it does stay on current schedule, it will be easily four months by the time they assemble and get it to me.

I priced the tractor through two dealers. They were within about a 1K of each other, so I went with the closer, smaller dealership. Wondering if a bigger dealer would get the tractor faster...

Thanks,
Sean
A couple days ago I was told I could get the 3301 this month but the loader might be next year. Sucks.