Front Deck Link for RC54-G20 G1800 - $400+ Repair Bill

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
Just wanting to shed some frustration with our Great Orange Father. I have an older G1800-S that my dad bought new in ~1993. We used the tractor on the farm for many years, but replaced it with a BX2350. After sitting in a barn for 10 years, I got it from my dad to restore for use. I have put a G1900 engine (purchased new from Kubota), among a lot of other have to haves like Combination Box, Kill solenoid, safety interlocks, blades, deck bearings and seals, u-joints on engine-trans and deck PTO u-joints, Deck PTO slip collar, drive belts, front axle pivot pin, front PTO bearings and seals, and the list goes on. Everything I bought was from Kubota (Coleman Equipment and German Bliss), all OEM parts etc. All in, I have close to $6000 wrapped up into this thing.

My frustration is I needed a new deck front link, which my tractor has the ones that pin onto the deck and tractor. These are no longer service by Kubota, which means I have to replace with the quick release and one piece link. I generated a parts list from Coleman (who by the way is MSRP, with no uplift) and it is going to cost $400+. I asked the parts counter person to request some support from Kubota's parts rep. The Kubota Parts Rep indicated they didn't care about me, because I don't have a new tractor. They only want to support new machine sales, and could give 2 poo's for an old sucker like me who spends way too much fixing up a tractor. I feel this is poor customer service as Kubota choose to not support my tractor.

Anyway, just wanted to share my frustration, and warn any future buyers of Kubota products. Don't buy a fixer-upper as they are money pits, and Kubota doesn't care about you unless you buy a new machine.

I hope I steer one person right and they don't make the same mistake as me.

Regards,
Jason

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Just wanting to shed some frustration with our Great Orange Father. I have an older G1800-S that my dad bought new in ~1993. We used the tractor on the farm for many years, but replaced it with a BX2350. After sitting in a barn for 10 years, I got it from my dad to restore for use. I have put a G1900 engine (purchased new from Kubota), among a lot of other have to haves like Combination Box, Kill solenoid, safety interlocks, blades, deck bearings and seals, u-joints on engine-trans and deck PTO u-joints, Deck PTO slip collar, drive belts, front axle pivot pin, front PTO bearings and seals, and the list goes on. Everything I bought was from Kubota (Coleman Equipment and German Bliss), all OEM parts etc. All in, I have close to $6000 wrapped up into this thing.

My frustration is I needed a new deck front link, which my tractor has the ones that pin onto the deck and tractor. These are no longer service by Kubota, which means I have to replace with the quick release and one piece link. I generated a parts list from Coleman (who by the way is MSRP, with no uplift) and it is going to cost $400+. I asked the parts counter person to request some support from Kubota's parts rep. The Kubota Parts Rep indicated they didn't care about me, because I don't have a new tractor. They only want to support new machine sales, and could give 2 poo's for an old sucker like me who spends way too much fixing up a tractor. I feel this is poor customer service as Kubota choose to not support my tractor.

Anyway, just wanted to share my frustration, and warn any future buyers of Kubota products. Don't buy a fixer-upper as they are money pits, and Kubota doesn't care about you unless you buy a new machine.

I hope I steer one person right and they don't make the same mistake as me.

Regards,
Jason
I feel your frustration but you are not alone.

Very few dealers discount any parts to anyone but their very best customers.

SDT

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Sorry for your frustration, but I always figure the hunt is part of the challenge. Does the front deck link you need have to be new? Would used work just the same? Might try some salvage yards, or Craig's list, or Wanted/For Sale Items on this forum.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Check eBay. Search G1800, G1900 and G2000. The links should be the same regardless of model or deck size, but double check the part numbers.

It's cool to see you investing so much to get it going. I grew up driving one of these on the parents property. In fact, I didn't weigh enough for the safety sensor in the seat so dad let me drive his old B for a while. They still have the G and I still mow with it. 750 hours or so.

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
Hi D2Cat,
I've got a couple of messages out to folks on here to see if they have what I am looking for. It for sure doesn't have to be new, but ebay, craigslist, tractorhouse, etc have all turned up empty handed. The search goes on.

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
Yeah, I've been searching these areas. the RC54-G20 and RC60-G20 use the same links. I would like to upgrade to the quick release style since it will future proof me to some degree.
Thanks for your reply.

Jason

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
Check eBay. Search G1800, G1900 and G2000. The links should be the same regardless of model or deck size, but double check the part numbers.

It's cool to see you investing so much to get it going. I grew up driving one of these on the parents property. In fact, I didn't weigh enough for the safety sensor in the seat so dad let me drive his old B for a while. They still have the G and I still mow with it. 750 hours or so.
This one has around 1100 hours on it now, but at no more than 100 hours a year I use it, it should last a long time.

I've got a snow blade for it, and the thing will push like no other. I would really like to get the three point and rear pto with tiller for my small garden. Dad is coaching me to leave this tractor alone, and get a good used BX2350. For the money I have in this thing I could have at this point.

The other side is, some people golf, some people hunt and fish, I have an old mower :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't get your complaint???

You think kubota should just discount your one off purchase for a 20+ year old lawnmower for what reason?

Your complaint is about that same as complaining that the grocery store won't discount you on milk! :confused:

I have bought many thousands of dollars in parts over the years and I don't get a discount or even expect to get one.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
North Idaho Wolfman, and serious spender of money,

My Complaint is that Kubota choose to only service the higher dollar option. I am not interested in discounts on things that wear out and need replaced, I am asking they service the product they sell, or if forcing customers to upgrade, then make it cost effective to do so.

It is clear that you didn't read the post, or you work for Kubota. Are you the Kubota Parts Rep I spoke of? That would explain it for sure..

Last edited:

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
This one has around 1100 hours on it now, but at no more than 100 hours a year I use it, it should last a long time.

I've got a snow blade for it, and the thing will push like no other. I would really like to get the three point and rear pto with tiller for my small garden. Dad is coaching me to leave this tractor alone, and get a good used BX2350. For the money I have in this thing I could have at this point.

The other side is, some people golf, some people hunt and fish, I have an old mower :)
Another thing to consider is a cheap parts tractor. I saw either a G1800 or G1900 on CL for $1200 very recently. That'd give you another deck, engine, body, frame, HST, pto drive shafts etc. A couple years ago, my dad bought a G2000 (gas, 60" deck, 1100 hrs) from a friend that would not start. No crank, click etc. Turned out to be a bad battery terminal. Keep an eye out for something like this. :cool:

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
Another thing to consider is a cheap parts tractor. I saw either a G1800 or G1900 on CL for $1200 very recently. That'd give you another deck, engine, body, frame, HST, pto drive shafts etc. A couple years ago, my dad bought a G2000 (gas, 60" deck, 1100 hrs) from a friend that would not start. No crank, click etc. Turned out to be a bad battery terminal. Keep an eye out for something like this. :cool:
Yeah, I've put in a couple of bids on some G1900. I did find a nice one out on the west coast that has PTO, 3pt, and Kubota bagger. Their price was ok, but it needed a lot of work if it was to be used.

I spoke with the sales rep, and they were firm on their price. The issue is the shipping cost from West coast to IL would be about a 1000 dollars.

I will keep my eyes open.

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
This is located near Columbia, Mo. which is between St.Louey and Kansas City. Just to give you an idea of what's out there and price.

https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/grd/d/excello-g1800-kubota/6867330116.html

Hi D2Cat,
I had looked at that one in the past. The issue is that it has the same front links as the tractor I have. Those links tend to spring over time, which requires to tighten the turnbuckles to adjust them back to cutting level. If they ever get bent at the threaded end, the game is over, which is where I am at with mine. Since Kubota doesn't service these links anymore, you are left with buying a parts tractor or finding them used. Here is a tractor I am looking at currently.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/d/park-hills-kubota-g1800-hst-diesel-lawn/6888367462.html

I have talked to the guy some, and he said he has someone else interested in it. If he doesn't get it sold I am planning to stop there on my way to Kansas in a couple weeks. He said it runs, and the hystat is ok. There are a few things off of it that would go in mine.

Ideally I would like to find one with the quick links, and a 60" deck that is good, with leaf bagger in the same price range.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
North Idaho Wolfman, and serious spender of money,

My Complaint is that Kubota choose to only service the higher dollar option. I am not interested in discounts on things that wear out and need replaced, I am asking they service the product they sell, or if forcing customers to upgrade, then make it cost effective to do so.

It is clear that you didn't read the post, or you work for Kubota. Are you the Kubota Parts Rep I spoke of? That would explain it for sure..
First let me caution you on insults and slights, not appreciated. :mad:

I spend a lot, because, I fix a lot, I don't work for kubota, and I'm not a kubota parts rep, I'm just smart enough to know that OEM Kubota parts are worth what you pay for them.

Now your the one that said he was spending $6K on a used broken mower... :eek: That you could get use all over the USA, used, in running condition for less than $2k. :rolleyes: Then complain about one part costing too much.

The issue is that it has the same front links as the tractor I have. Those links tend to spring over time, which requires to tighten the turnbuckles to adjust them back to cutting level. If they ever get bent at the threaded end, the game is over, which is where I am at with mine. Since Kubota doesn't service these links anymore, you are left with buying a parts tractor or finding them used
Per your own admission the original design was a bad design, so an upgrade was needed, Kubota did it!
But you think they should give you the upgrade for free or cheap?
WHY?

Last edited:

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
First let me caution you on insults and slights, not appreciated. :mad:

I spend a lot, because, I fix a lot, I don't work for kubota, and I'm not a kubota parts rep, I'm just smart enough to know that OEM Kubota parts are worth what you pay for them.

Now your the one that said he was spending $6K on a used broken mower... :eek: That you could get use all over the USA, used, in running condition for less than $2k. :rolleyes: Then complain about one part costing too much.

Per your own admission the original design was a bad design, so an upgrade was needed, Kubota did it!
But you think they should give you the upgrade for free or cheap?
WHY?
Sorry to have insulted you, I only felt it was appropriate for the language you used with me. I didn't mean to go over the line.

The fix of a bad design was not the case. It was a product option, where Kubota choose to stop servicing the lower cost option for the higher cost option. Both options have the same weak point, in that they are threaded connections, and any bending in this area, will cause the part to be useless.

To your point to why would any person spend good money on bad when other machines are available. This is due to the fact it was my father's tractor. The same applies to why anyone would fix up a HEMI 'Cuda, when you could buy a brand new car for the same price.

Lastly, I posted to vent frustrations. You came one here to ambush new users. Shame on you for being that way.

Please don't post anything else if you are only going to be a jerk. I wouldn't go through your threads to spread hate.

Regards Wolfman, and thank you for your wisdom.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Please don't post anything else if you are only going to be a jerk.
My original question to you was simply why you thought you deserved a discount on a part for a 20+ year old mower, and why you would complain about such a thing?

You never answered and just started slinging mud at me.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Ok I'm VERY familiar with the G series. My small family (dad, brother and myself) all own 2 G1900's and a G1800. Dad likes the 1800 because it's a little quieter running, and he's right. Anyway, they ARE old, they ARE well-used by now.

Sprung deck hangers? Never heard of it. Not even mowers with decks that are severely damaged due to overly abusive owners using the DECK for a bulldozer. These mowers are quite strong, overbuilt if you ask me. BUT the problems I've run into are where the front hanger brackets sits in the saddles, it wears grooves in that 5/8" (or whatever diameter it is) steel shaft. I know about the cost. I worked at a dealer and I wasn't about to put that much money into this old mower of mine. The cure? Weld the sucker up then re-machine (with a grinder, then file, then paint). Really easy to just build it up. Readjust to 0 difference between front & rear of deck, new set of blades, and these things cut AWESOME. I love mine. Dad loves his, brother, he loves his too. Just wish I could train him to be easier on his equipment.

These mowers are at the newest 25 years old. They are antiques. Think about this to put things into perspective. A dealer (and Ford in this example) isn't going to give you a lot of their time if you run down there looking for a ball joint for a 1993 Mustang. They, too, are antiques, they're well worn by now. The aftermarket has them mostly covered though. Unfortunately, there wasn't/isn't nearly the aftermarket support for lawn & garden equipment like there is for cars & trucks, for one reason there were millions of cars & trucks made, but maybe a few hundred thousand at the most, mowers.

You aren't immune to this issue. Many of us have gone through it, myself included, with my antique mower fleet-even with working at a dealer at the time, it was tough getting certain parts for my old mowers.

Now, one could very easily assume that Kubota "wants" you to buy a newer more expensive mower. One could assume that Kubota and possibly the dealer(s) doesn't put a lot of time into getting support for antique mowers. BUT, those are both ASSumptions. The fact of the matter is, dealers are busy. Kubota is busy. There are folks out there with week old Kommanders with broken belts. There are folks out there who have month old tractors with mice chewed wiring harnesses. There are commercial customers at every dealer who needs their stuff ASAP as downtime costs them (and THEIR customers) money. Now if you're a dealer service tech, and you've got 4 or 5 repair orders and some of those are new-ish machines and/or commercial machines, and one antique, who's going to get prioritized? Most dealers put different levels of priority on different repair jobs. We had 3. Commercial, emergency, and regular (A,B,C respectively). Manager would put the letter at top of R/O and in the morning, then again at noon, then again in the evening, as the tech was his or her jobs lined out for the day, they'd look at it. If he/she sees an "A", that one is immediate attention only. B goes behind A, then C is last. Similar to military priority levels if you're familiar with those. The fact of the matter is that I personally do not want to give anyone regardless of how much money they spend/spent in any type of favoritism as doing so is a quick way to run people off. But at the same time, it is imperative to take care of the needs of everyone; however some have different needs which is why priority levels are assigned. It has nothing to do with how much they spend or who they are. I have had friends bring their stuff to the shop, and they don't get any different treatment than anyone else. If a commercial customers' got his mower there, my friend waits. That's the way 99.9% of dealerships are. People just don't want to understand that though, for some reason.

So what I am asking is to be careful with assumptions. The word in itself has a meaning; look at the lettering. ASSumptions are very good at making a fool out of you and I both, thus it's never a good idea to use them.

Put yourself in the situation--you have a 2 week old mower that has a failed idler pulley. You just made the first payment on your $6000 mower and you can't use it. You take it to the dealer, drop it off, come back in 2 hours, and a tech is working on someone's antique, while yours is sitting out back in a pile of other mowers. Are you going to be upset?

Lastly, having done restorations, they'll ALL money pits, every single one of them, and there is NO exception. I thought restoring an ORIGINAL Hemi Cuda was going to be a money maker, but that is incorrect. I made $200 on it and spent strikingly close to $40,000 in restoration costs. This was a top notch restoration. Mowers? Worse. I buy & sell quite a few, and I'm choosy about what I buy. One, I can't make a dime and stand to lose much by restoring any Murray, Crapsman, John Deere L series, Yard Man, etc cheapies. It's REAL easy to spend more on it than it's worth, which you've found out. I've done that stuff at the dealership too; mostly with motorcycles. When doing that kind of thing, pre-payment of parts and part of labor is required. Why? Sounds shady. Again, think of the other side of it. Guy takes a '79 KZ1000 to the shop for restoration and repair. Tech can EASILY put $5000 into it quickly. The bike is worth maybe $2500 in good condition. Guy decides shop is into it too deeply, and changes his phone number, address (moves?), becomes non-responsive to phone calls, email, text, and snail mail. Business has $5000 tied up in it, attempts to sell it for parts (can't get a title in certain states), and loses $4000. How many people enjoy losing money? Pre-payment is a way for the shop/business to see if the owner is really serious about repairing. If he's willing to put some up front, shop will get started. If they balk, load it back up & send him down the road.

The only time restorations are worth what they have put into them is if YOU'RE the owner and you expect to keep it forever, along with the repair & maintenance required to keep it going. You (and I) can't guarantee that it'll run 10 more years, nor can we guarantee that it'll work for 10 minutes. If we could, dunno about you, but I for sure would be in a different line of work if I could accurately predict the future ;)

huserjr

Equipment
Kubota G1800S
May 13, 2019
Germantown Hills
To everyone here that feels I am a fool, or as the last person pointed out (@**), the point of this thread was just to vent frustration on a bad situation. Those front links do spring, the pin holes do wear, and the pins as well. I know they spring because I can see both are no longer straight where the treads are. It is mild steel, have threaded ends, with side loading of a quite heavy deck, that goes bouncing around any time you go zipping along on your merry way.

I'm not here to get into a fight. I felt they could have came to the table some on this. I only asked for them to sell me the parts with a small discount. I work for a premium brand of construction equipment, and understand what margins dealers make on parts, and what the OEM makes. The ask was not to go dipping below cost of the dealer, and for sure not below the OEM.

These "discounts" are not discounts, they are Goodwill to maintain customer loyalty. Customer loyalty is critical to companies, because you will spend 7 times more to get back a customer, or find a new customer than to just help out.

I am fixing this tractor up to use, but there is a lot of memories behind this old tank. I am happy to pay for what gets damaged, or needs replaced. I buy OEM parts, not because they are any better (case in point is the deck bearings and seals are off the shelf will fit, and you can get them from anyone), but that I understand every dollar spent at a dealership buys their loyalty with the dealer, and the OEM.

I am not happy that a company stops selling the parts I need. I am not happy that they only offer a $400 upgrade.

So, with this being said, I appreciate everyone's input, whether aligned with mine, compassionate for my situation, or opposing mine, and will say this. A $100 goodwill support is the difference between me buying a BX after I get this G1800 put back together, or looking at other brands. The Kubota blinders are off, and other brands offer just as good of a product, and the same level of customer support (nothing).

With the premium these tractors are, you should expect them to last a long time. Currently this one has less than 1100 hours, and had the engine rebuild at 700 (partly our fault as we pushed it to the limits). I put a new engine in it at 1060 hours, and expect it to last for many more years.

Premium products have a duty to outlive the standard home line products at least 6 times over, as they are roughly 6 times more expensive. If they don't, then their value proposition is false, and they will loose market share.

I encourage more thought about this topic, and am glad that I shared some insight on customer loyalty to those unfamiliar with the challenges companies face, as well as the consequences of their actions.

Thanks,

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Ok I'm VERY familiar with the G series. My small family (dad, brother and myself) all own 2 G1900's and a G1800. Dad likes the 1800 because it's a little quieter running, and he's right. Anyway, they ARE old, they ARE well-used by now.

Sprung deck hangers? Never heard of it. Not even mowers with decks that are severely damaged due to overly abusive owners using the DECK for a bulldozer. These mowers are quite strong, overbuilt if you ask me. BUT the problems I've run into are where the front hanger brackets sits in the saddles, it wears grooves in that 5/8" (or whatever diameter it is) steel shaft. I know about the cost. I worked at a dealer and I wasn't about to put that much money into this old mower of mine. The cure? Weld the sucker up then re-machine (with a grinder, then file, then paint). Really easy to just build it up. Readjust to 0 difference between front & rear of deck, new set of blades, and these things cut AWESOME. I love mine. Dad loves his, brother, he loves his too. Just wish I could train him to be easier on his equipment.

These mowers are at the newest 25 years old. They are antiques. Think about this to put things into perspective. A dealer (and Ford in this example) isn't going to give you a lot of their time if you run down there looking for a ball joint for a 1993 Mustang. They, too, are antiques, they're well worn by now. The aftermarket has them mostly covered though. Unfortunately, there wasn't/isn't nearly the aftermarket support for lawn & garden equipment like there is for cars & trucks, for one reason there were millions of cars & trucks made, but maybe a few hundred thousand at the most, mowers.

You aren't immune to this issue. Many of us have gone through it, myself included, with my antique mower fleet-even with working at a dealer at the time, it was tough getting certain parts for my old mowers.

Now, one could very easily assume that Kubota "wants" you to buy a newer more expensive mower. One could assume that Kubota and possibly the dealer(s) doesn't put a lot of time into getting support for antique mowers. BUT, those are both ASSumptions. The fact of the matter is, dealers are busy. Kubota is busy. There are folks out there with week old Kommanders with broken belts. There are folks out there who have month old tractors with mice chewed wiring harnesses. There are commercial customers at every dealer who needs their stuff ASAP as downtime costs them (and THEIR customers) money. Now if you're a dealer service tech, and you've got 4 or 5 repair orders and some of those are new-ish machines and/or commercial machines, and one antique, who's going to get prioritized? Most dealers put different levels of priority on different repair jobs. We had 3. Commercial, emergency, and regular (A,B,C respectively). Manager would put the letter at top of R/O and in the morning, then again at noon, then again in the evening, as the tech was his or her jobs lined out for the day, they'd look at it. If he/she sees an "A", that one is immediate attention only. B goes behind A, then C is last. Similar to military priority levels if you're familiar with those. The fact of the matter is that I personally do not want to give anyone regardless of how much money they spend/spent in any type of favoritism as doing so is a quick way to run people off. But at the same time, it is imperative to take care of the needs of everyone; however some have different needs which is why priority levels are assigned. It has nothing to do with how much they spend or who they are. I have had friends bring their stuff to the shop, and they don't get any different treatment than anyone else. If a commercial customers' got his mower there, my friend waits. That's the way 99.9% of dealerships are. People just don't want to understand that though, for some reason.

So what I am asking is to be careful with assumptions. The word in itself has a meaning; look at the lettering. ASSumptions are very good at making a fool out of you and I both, thus it's never a good idea to use them.

Put yourself in the situation--you have a 2 week old mower that has a failed idler pulley. You just made the first payment on your $6000 mower and you can't use it. You take it to the dealer, drop it off, come back in 2 hours, and a tech is working on someone's antique, while yours is sitting out back in a pile of other mowers. Are you going to be upset?

Lastly, having done restorations, they'll ALL money pits, every single one of them, and there is NO exception. I thought restoring an ORIGINAL Hemi Cuda was going to be a money maker, but that is incorrect. I made $200 on it and spent strikingly close to $40,000 in restoration costs. This was a top notch restoration. Mowers? Worse. I buy & sell quite a few, and I'm choosy about what I buy. One, I can't make a dime and stand to lose much by restoring any Murray, Crapsman, John Deere L series, Yard Man, etc cheapies. It's REAL easy to spend more on it than it's worth, which you've found out. I've done that stuff at the dealership too; mostly with motorcycles. When doing that kind of thing, pre-payment of parts and part of labor is required. Why? Sounds shady. Again, think of the other side of it. Guy takes a '79 KZ1000 to the shop for restoration and repair. Tech can EASILY put $5000 into it quickly. The bike is worth maybe $2500 in good condition. Guy decides shop is into it too deeply, and changes his phone number, address (moves?), becomes non-responsive to phone calls, email, text, and snail mail. Business has $5000 tied up in it, attempts to sell it for parts (can't get a title in certain states), and loses $4000. How many people enjoy losing money? Pre-payment is a way for the shop/business to see if the owner is really serious about repairing. If he's willing to put some up front, shop will get started. If they balk, load it back up & send him down the road.

The only time restorations are worth what they have put into them is if YOU'RE the owner and you expect to keep it forever, along with the repair & maintenance required to keep it going. You (and I) can't guarantee that it'll run 10 more years, nor can we guarantee that it'll work for 10 minutes. If we could, dunno about you, but I for sure would be in a different line of work if I could accurately predict the future ;)
I feel I should add that my fleet of vintage G's are money pits. (Money pit is a relative term; they're still cheaper than a new zero turn.) My daily driver keeps eating PTO belts from what I hope is a failed tensioner pulley. I had an issue last fall with a bad PTO driveshaft between the engine and the deck and couldn't find the part for the life of me. Ended up recently finding one on eBay.

Thankfully I had a few old spare belts laying around just to get my place mowed. :eek:

Last edited: