Front and three point multi-use (hitch, fork, flamer...)

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys, made this multi-use front and back harness or whatever one might call it... So far I added a quick removable car hitch, small forks that slide sideways (90cm)...

Planing to add flamer for under the grape trees (almost done, 130Kw),

All materials used are from my junk pile or junk yard. I got a good deal on the quick-release car hitch (I think it was originally used on a BMW 7series).

Some photos below, work in progress. Please comment and advise if you think something could impreove it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Interesting concept!
I'm contemplating modifying my carry all frame to mount to the FEL quick attach as a cheap alternative to pallet forks for my little BX. I'll be following this build for ideas.
Regards,

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
Looks good. I like the multi use equipment. I don't have enough land to warrent having several dedicated impliments or attachments so the multi use stuff is a great option.

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys, thanks for your comments and input. I do lots of mods my self, I use forums and youtube for ideas and then I twist them my way...

So-far cost 30 euros. I already did my balast weights for the front, made them out of two scrapped forklift forks. I found at the dumpyards, 60 kilos but I can easyly add more. I use it for when I have the 250 liter sprayer on tha back or when I pull the grapes out of my vineyards during the harvest... i made a good bucket that can be dragged or lifted... so I can load up about 18 crates with no issues.

See link and photos below.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154193449@N04/with/42013076572/

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
I know nothing about growing grapes, so please forgive what I am sure is a dumb question...

What is a "flamer"? How is it used? Why is it used?

Thanks for supporting me as I attempt to improve my knowledge!

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
H,

No question is a dumb question, glad I am able to answer. We use different implements to work the soil in different parts of the year for different types of soil.

We use the flamers, burners in the early age of weed/grass vegetation, you just run the flamer across the leaves of weed/grass and the fotosynthesis gets messed up thus makes the plant parish, and dry out.

Some people use herbicides but that is not organic production, we do not, we go tilling or flaming way.

Here is a good video that explains it.

https://youtu.be/sP-OXAKIrMY

Cheers.

I know nothing about growing grapes, so please forgive what I am sure is a dumb question...

What is a "flamer"? How is it used? Why is it used?

Thanks for supporting me as I attempt to improve my knowledge!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thank you man, these are awesome, but they are big and probably unaccessable to me. I am making something that will go under the grapes, between the grape trees, hydraulic/spring... with a couple solenoid valves... i have the rough part made already, will post photos soon.
If you run into any issues with you build just ask, I know the owner of Ram Flame personally. ;)

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
H,

No question is a dumb question, glad I am able to answer. We use different implements to work the soil in different parts of the year for different types of soil.

We use the flamers, burners in the early age of weed/grass vegetation, you just run the flamer across the leaves of weed/grass and the fotosynthesis gets messed up thus makes the plant parish, and dry out.

Some people use herbicides but that is not organic production, we do not, we go tilling or flaming way.

Here is a good video that explains it.

https://youtu.be/sP-OXAKIrMY

Cheers.
Thank you for your patient explanation. I hadn't thought of a rolling "flamer" for agricultural use since I haven't had exposure to most of the crops that seem best suited to this weed control technique. That having been said, I've been using a hand-held flamer for weed control around our home for the past 15 or so years, and just recently bought an "upgrade"... a 500,000Btu burner for the same purpose. I've had to use it this winter for melting ice in some critical areas. Wow, does it ever go through propane. It made me cringe when that referenced youtube video mentioned one of their products which has several million Btu of burners installed. I'm glad I'm not paying THOSE propane bills!

Thanks again for the enlightenment.

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi,

Thanks mate, i appreciate it, I am not on their level... for where I live it is a struggle to find a solenoid valve and or anything else. Having those flamer heads They have on their website is a diffeent planet. ***128514;

If you run into any issues with you build just ask, I know the owner of Ram Flame personally. ;)

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Thanks mate, i know, propane bills will probably be high but better that than use herbicides, they leave traces in grapes/wine...

We till for the most part but I want to go this rout under the grape trees... will build an under the tree tiller as well... still making plans... have it down roughly but need to source parts from my favorite stor, the junk jard. ***128514;

Thank you for your patient explanation. I hadn't thought of a rolling "flamer" for agricultural use since I haven't had exposure to most of the crops that seem best suited to this weed control technique. That having been said, I've been using a hand-held flamer for weed control around our home for the past 15 or so years, and just recently bought an "upgrade"... a 500,000Btu burner for the same purpose. I've had to use it this winter for melting ice in some critical areas. Wow, does it ever go through propane. It made me cringe when that referenced youtube video mentioned one of their products which has several million Btu of burners installed. I'm glad I'm not paying THOSE propane bills!

Thanks again for the enlightenment.

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Progresed quite a bit today with my limitd collection of tools ***128557;***128514; and my amateur skills... but I am willing to get cut with the angle grinder that is what matters... i will post photos tomorrow and hope you guys can give me ideas to make it better.

So far:
- built a very rugged frame out of parts from a pallet roller and a fork lift that was dismantled.
- recilcled 3point connection point added
- front triangle works like a peach
- bmw x5 removable ball hitch welde all together.
- tested the forks, they slide sideways...
- built part of the grapple that attaches to the forks (this is only to be used to remove grape vines after pruning... but built it for other purposes, 7mm C profile
- tweeked the repourposed hydraulic cylinder position for the grapple

Sold my MIG welder today (Telwin 210 synergic), gotta pouse untill my Kemppi three phase mig arrives.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I made a similar 'carryall' 20 year ago for the D-14 rear lift, easier/better than the loader(long gone). I've haule 3200# logs on it..makes for 'light' steering......
I saw a guy using pressureised steam for grape row cleaning, interesing totally homemade contraption..flames gotta be simpler though !

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
There aree a bunch of solutions out there for weed control, we have a small operation, family worked... lots of those solutions are not affordable and I can not justify the expense. So for the most part I fabricate what I can and need. :)

The Carry all was hit, I have been using it more than I would have imagined, sometimes I have it hocked up front when I need something else on the three point hitch in the vineyards... when I get there, I just lower it on to the casters, do the work... pick it up and go back home...

I made a similar 'carryall' 20 year ago for the D-14 rear lift, easier/better than the loader(long gone). I've haule 3200# logs on it..makes for 'light' steering......
I saw a guy using pressureised steam for grape row cleaning, interesing totally homemade contraption..flames gotta be simpler though !
[/QUOTE