Found it but can't get a wrench on it!

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Can you get to that second bolt without making another access hole?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are we missing the fact that he's fixed the issue?

EDIT: Opps, I though I had read that he fixed it, I was wrong.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Welcome to mechanic'n

You have options.

(1) make a tool to get in there. I have done this many, many times. Take a $50 wrench, cut the end off, weld it to something else, bend here, tack it there, etc.--just to do a job that won't cost the consumer anywhere near what it cost me to buy the parts to make that tool!

(2) hire it out.

(3) get online and compiain about it

(4) start taking stuff off until you can get to it. That is often how mechanics that do it for a living have to do it. And-that's also one of many reasons repairs cost what they do.

(5) just do it, however you can, and ask good questions along the way.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: (2)
A LOT of pro shop mechanics do NOT replace bolt # on Ford V8 starter jobs !!! Seems that's a common CHEAT.Nine has 3 in it, as local mechanic told me about the cheat.

(7) when done, please ad [SOLVED] to the original subject after you post HOW you got it done. Pretty sure others would like to know !!

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Welcome to mechanic'n

You have options.

(1) make a tool to get in there. I have done this many, many times. Take a $50 wrench, cut the end off, weld it to something else, bend here, tack it there, etc.--just to do a job that won't cost the consumer anywhere near what it cost me to buy the parts to make that tool!

(2) hire it out.

(3) get online and compiain about it

(4) start taking stuff off until you can get to it. That is often how mechanics that do it for a living have to do it. And-that's also one of many reasons repairs cost what they do.

(5) just do it, however you can, and ask good questions along the way.
A lot of truth there Lugbolt! I have worked on a lot of german made machinery and always seemed like they wanted you to take a lot of things apart to change something simple. I once heated and bent an 8mm allen wrench so I could get into the throat of an extruder to change an oil seal with 4 allen screws holding it in. There method required removing the gearbox after removing the 75hp electric motor etc. We would often do as you say cut off a wrench for a particular job. Another I cut a 19mm open end off and welded a large washer on the cut end. That way I could keep it on one finger to reposition without dropping. It required for that one a large wrench to initially loosen and tighten but no room for a large wrench to swing.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’ve got a small carry-around toolbox that has nothing but tools and wrenches that I’ve modified, cut, welded, bent, and otherwise violated so as to perform specific jobs. Some of those those tools I made over 50 years-ago…. and most I’ve only used when I first made them…and some of them are now made by actual tool-makers such as Snap-On, MAC, and PROTO….but I’ve STILL GOT MY ORIGINALS! (Wasn’t smart enough to submit them for patents and I’ve had Nine different residence-address-changes since then….. so Snap-On and MAC hasn’t sent me any checks that I know of.) :ROFLMAO: