Found a B6100d in the woods

sydbro

Equipment
B6100d
Jan 8, 2011
Sykesville Maryland
My in-laws recently bought some land and I found this kubota in the woods. It was completly coverver in vines but I managed to get it out. I fooled with it for awhile and finally got it started. The hydraulic lines were shot as were the cylinders. I replaced some lines and repacked the cylinders so the loader seems to be working fine however I am having problems with the mowing deck raising and lowering. Also, some kind of white creamy fluid is coming from somewhere under the seat. Any help on what to look for and expect from this tractor would be appreciated as I have no experience it whatsoever.

thanks

Attachments

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
White creamy fluid under seat sound like water in trans and hydraulics to me. Watch Vics videos on changing your fluids on the little monsters. I beleive this may solve your problem if lucky.Remember appx 4 gallon fluid in trans and hydraulics togather it will all come out when the plug is removed change filters and clean screens also. Someone else will jump in I wouldnt operate it until I did all fluid and filters including oil also you may end up having a real nice little machine also it looks good to have been found under vines etc. handy

sydbro

Equipment
B6100d
Jan 8, 2011
Sykesville Maryland
I changed the engine oil but didnt change the tranny fluid. The thing is that it appears that the leaking fluid is "weaping" out of somewhere under the seat. I will get some pics tomorrow in the daylight. Thanks for your response.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Definately the transmission fluid, with the water that made its way in its overfull and will force its way out through the vent. Don't run it with that fluid, you don't want to damage the pump. That's a lucky find.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When you do go to change the fluid out I would get the cheapest stuff I could find. It's not going to clean up with one change so there's no need to put high dollar fluid in it and then just have to throw it away. With the amount of water it sounds like you have in your system it may require several changes to get it cleared out.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
WOW, what a nice discovery!

What others have said "DO NOT RUN IT TILL YOU CHANGE THE FLUID. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT MOVING THE TRACTOR, THE PUMP IS TRYING TO USE THAT NASTY WATER/FLUID MIX!"

sydbro

Equipment
B6100d
Jan 8, 2011
Sykesville Maryland
I couldnt believe it when I saw it either. Hard to understand why someone just left it there with the loader and mower still on it. Nobody has lived on the property for at least 3-4 years so it has to have been sitting there that long. Im pretty good with cars but have never owned a tractor before so I definately appreciate all of your input.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
You came to the right place. Lots of good Orange people with lots of good Orange know how to share. Keep us posted as to what you do with your little orange beastie. Pics are always appreciated. What a great find.:cool: Dusty

MDsteve

Equipment
B7100, L225, L295DT
Jun 30, 2010
Forest Hill, MD
It's a very good day when you find a Kubota tractor in the woods (with loader to boot!). If you get that baby working with a couple simple fluid changes, Kubota will want to use you for PR. :)

Don't know if anybody suggested this yet, but I'd get rid of any fuel in the tank and lines, add fresh fuel and bleed the system of air before you run it.

Good luck.

sydbro

Equipment
B6100d
Jan 8, 2011
Sykesville Maryland
I did drain the fuel and changed filter. I was told that if I drain the tranny fluid and then fill with kerosene and let it sit for awhile then drain that would help get rid of water. Dont know if this is true. anyone know?

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I wouldn't put anything in that tranny but the fluid that belongs in it. If you have a TSC near you get there cheapest hydro tranny fluid, drainit, fill it run it a little, drain it again, and fill it again. Clean the filter screen on the hydraulic line between changes. When I saw my fluid was white I got two of these "Traveller® Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid, 5 gal. " for $40 each. I changed mine twice and still have some left over. Will change it again with good stuff in the spring, on my second filling now and fluid still not as clean as I would like. Looked good for the first 5 hours and now needing another change.