Finally 6' snow blade earned 2 Wings~!

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
6' Snow blade earned 2 wings now and I do really love it.
I was working on this Wings for a while but had a few incidents...:eek:

A couple days ago, I finished all the mechanical work done on this wings. but electrical work hasn't done. 'cause, I couldn't find right wires for it. and I had to clean the snow yesterday without control of these wings... and I've bent wings a bit. Then, I finished electrical wiring yesterday afternoon with household wires...:eek: and cleaned snow again today and I broke the hydraulic cylinder arm's connector...:eek::eek:

And then, I found my snow blower's upper universal joint is missing...:eek::eek: later time I found it on the parking lot and had to fix that stupid upper joint. It was held by the 2 bolts and it came loose. I know it was stupid design. and I had to cut off the length of universal joint to make better fit.

Any how, I've design this snow blade wings to move almost 150 degree but I found never needed it and made cylinder too weak. so I had to modify again to make only what I need for. 90 degree Forward to Flat.
I really love it. No more windrow, 8' wide snow blade means more quicker job done~~~:D

Joe.

Attachments

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Thank you Dusty and Greg...!

After I modified Wings again, I need to test it out but now no more snow~~:D:D:D

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well Joe I have to say that is a pretty cool design. I've never seen a set up like it. You'll have to do a short video when you get some snow. I would enjoy seeing it perform. Enjoyed seeing that and thanks for posting it. :cool:

B7510

Equipment
B7510 HST
Apr 29, 2009
Ontario
I think the wings are a fantastic idea! You now have a "snow/plow/pusher" at you fingertips as you require. I hope the wings keep you from getting into a "flap".:) I'm sure they will. I've seen your other posts about the plow itself and admire your efforts. Keep up the great posts.

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Thank you.

I wish I had a bit heavier gage on the sheet metal wings...:eek:
My favorite welding guy didn't have it in stock at that time. So, I'm going to take it to him some day add some support beam to increase streangth later time.;)

And that control arms and so on, idea came from Radio Control Airplane stuff.
I do actually have a Wing from R/C club.:D Although haven't flown a quite a while though...:D

It works good now. but I still have to modify a bit more to better control and get the right wires for that hydraulic pump motor.

Thank you.

Joe.