EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Stupid question, maybe it’s already answered somewhere else, but can you Install a tooth at with a bucket that already has a cutting edge?
If your bucket came with a smooth bolt on cutting edge, that would need to be removed, then the tooth bar can be bolted on, once holes are drilled for the ears. Or if you are like @mcmxi , send EA good measurements and bolt in place of factory bucket holes.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
If someone was using my equipment like that it would be the last time I dealt with them!
Yeah, Ted goes above and beyond in the abuse tests and I'd never be that aggressive with my tractor or implements but I appreciate the constant development and testing that EA does. It's kind of like proof loads in firearms. I'm not going to exceed SAAMI max pressures by 30% but it's reassuring to know that manufactures do just that to be sure they're shipping safe and reliable products.

It's telling that no other manufacturer puts out such videos and openly talks about product issues and ongoing improvements. EA has a transparency that I find appealing whether it's testing or walking the shop floor. Hard to walk the shop floor regularly when it's in China! ;)

It was funny at the end of the video when they mention that some lucky customer gets the grapple used in the test.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
here's an old one... as my main use of it is turning mulch, compost, topsoil,etc. I didn't need 'dagger' teeth. Moved 10 tandem loads of topsoil for a neighbour 3 weeks ago.dump trailer only holds 4 yds, tandem loads were 15-16 so a lot of good seat time !

Attachments

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Stupid question, maybe it’s already answered somewhere else, but can you Install a tooth at with a bucket that already has a cutting edge?
Richard, Not a dumb question. If your bucket has a welded in place cutting edge, EA's tooth bar can be fitted over the edge like this one of mine. You specify what you need when ordering.
EA Wicked Tooth Bar.jpg
David

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Just FYI EA is quoting me the late September "at best" for my 55" grapple. I ordered mine on 5/4/2021. Right now I am #436 out of 700 in line.
I'm #288 in line now.

I doubt the production is linear, my guess is the ramp up and down product lines and do "runs of models", but my guess is mid to late September at this rate.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
Still have not heard anything about delivery!
On Aug 31 I sent another email and called and found out that they had shipped it on Aug 02,2021 - they told me that they had sent an email with the tracking numbers - I then asked them to send me the email again - this time I received the email.

I did not receive the original email and FedEx had never contacted me about the shipment arriving at the local FedEx freight terminal on Aug 05.

I called FedEx Freight and was connected with a terminal that is in Duluth, MN(about 150 miles away) - they initially told me that the local terminal had the pallets and I could pickup between 6 and 8 pm. I got the local terminal phone number from them and called the terminal shortly after 6pm and was again transferred to the Duluth office - I was then told that one of the pallets was missing.

Since the local terminal is about 30 miles away I was leery about possibly driving there and having nothing to pickup. I decided that with all of the stories about my shipment that I would take my trailer to the terminal and see what was there. Both of the pallets were there and since the terminal is a no ramp site the two drivers manning the site had to load the skids on one of their lift gate trucks and have me back my trailer to the back of the truck so they could lower the pallets and pallet jack to the level of my trailer and load them with the pallet jack.

They have redesigned the hose routing -
DSCN2564_crop.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

KubotaDuluth

Equipment
L2501
Mar 14, 2021
Minnesota
On Aug 31 I sent another email and called and found out that they had shipped it on Aug 02,2021 - they told me that they had sent an email with the tracking numbers - I then asked them to send me the email again - this time I received the email.

I did not receive the original email and FedEx had never contacted me about the shipment arriving at the local FedEx freight terminal on Aug 05.

I called FedEx Freight and was connected with a terminal that is in Duluth, MN(about 150 miles away) - they initially told me that the local terminal had the pallets and I could pickup between 6 and 8 pm. I got the local terminal phone number from them and called the terminal shortly after 6pm and was again transferred to the Duluth office - I was then told that one of the pallets was missing.

Since the local terminal is about 30 miles away I was leery about possibly driving there and having nothing to pickup. I decided that with all of the stories about my shipment that I would take my trailer to the terminal and see what was there. Both of the pallets were there and since the terminal is a no ramp site the two drivers manning the site had to load the skids on one of their lift gate trucks and have me back my trailer to the back of the truck so they could lower the pallets and pallet jack to the level of my trailer and load them with the pallet jack.

View attachment 65491
Mine shipped shortly after yours. Yellow Freight had it in their possession for two and a half weeks. Just picked it up last Friday in Duluth. I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine. I am thrilled with the build quality of the thing. Yeah it took a long time to get, but after seeing the construction and materials up close, I am very glad I stuck it out and didn't compromise.

Reactions: 2 users

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 1, 2011
Mine shipped shortly after yours. Yellow Freight had it in their possession for two and a half weeks. Just picked it up last Friday in Duluth. I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine. I am thrilled with the build quality of the thing. Yeah it took a long time to get, but after seeing the construction and materials up close, I am very glad I stuck it out and didn't compromise.
I just picked mine up Tuesday(08/31) evening and got it mounted on the tractor yesterday. The only thing that I have had an issue with is the 1/2" female flat-face coupler on the grapple - it is very difficult to decouple - the locking sleeve seems to be too tight - I can feel the metal on metal grinding as I am turning and pulling on the coupler - the couplers on the tractor are high quality skidsteer flat face couplers.

There is no problem coupling and decoupling the couplers that are on the grapple with each other - I am guessing that it is a tolerance issue between the manufacturers. I applied a little UDT2 to the female coupler and I hope that the coupler will wear in just a little to make the decoupling a little more tolerable or I will have to replace the grapple female coupler.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I just picked mine up Tuesday(08/31) evening and got it mounted on the tractor yesterday. The only thing that I have had an issue with is the 1/2" female flat-face coupler on the grapple - it is very difficult to decouple - the locking sleeve seems to be too tight - I can feel the metal on metal grinding as I am turning and pulling on the coupler - the couplers on the tractor are high quality skidsteer flat face couplers.

There is no problem coupling and decoupling the couplers that are on the grapple with each other - I am guessing that it is a tolerance issue between the manufacturers. I applied a little UDT2 to the female coupler and I hope that the coupler will wear in just a little to make the decoupling a little more tolerable or I will have to replace the grapple female coupler.
Can you swap couplers? Of the two that came on grapple, put one on tractor and vice versa.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota

View attachment 65491
Glad you finally got your grapple, Butch !! FedEx sure has a way of making these deliveries complicated!
Once you get that pesky fitting to cooperate better you'll really enjoy the new grapple!
David

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 1, 2011
Can you swap couplers? Of the two that came on grapple, put one on tractor and vice versa.
That would work - my only concern is it seems like every time I work with hydraulic connectors I end up with leaks. If the coupler doesn't loosen I might have to try it.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 1, 2011
Glad you finally got your grapple, Butch !! FedEx sure has a way of making these deliveries complicated!
Once you get that pesky fitting to cooperate better you'll really enjoy the new grapple!
David
I already have a heavy duty 78" grapple for my Bobcat so I know how useful they can be. I am sure that having a little bit narrower grapple will definitely come in handy at times plus the LX2610 does less damage to the lawn than the skid steer even with R1 tires.
The second skid had my new 66" disk harrow but they forgot to install the quick hitch bushings - they are now on the way.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
View attachment 65491
Congrats on the new gapple and those hoses look a lot better. Good for EA for continuing to improve their products and listen to their customers. I'm hoping that the land leveler I ordered shows up soon.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Travis of Everything Attachments did a factory walk-through this morning. He mentioned that they were shut down for a few weeks but also that they're adding new welding bays. Quite a few grapples are shown.

As I've said before, EA is the only implement company providing walk-throughs of their facility showing American workers building American products as well as test videos showing their products being abused and how they handle that abuse in the real world. Yep, I'm going to continue to support EA regardless of their 'pay up front' policy because they make excellent products, I know where they're made, they continue to improve their products and they provide some amount of transparency.

Whenever I see a Wicked 66 grapple I get a little envious, but then I remember that it's 660lb and realize that the Wicked 60 is a better option for me at a mere 400lb.

Reactions: 3 users

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
As I've said before, EA is the only implement company providing walk-throughs of their facility showing American workers building American products as well as test videos showing their products being abused and how they handle that abuse in the real world. Yep, I'm going to continue to support EA regardless of their 'pay up front' policy because they make excellent products, I know where they're made, they continue to improve their products and they provide some amount of transparency.
I agree. Their implements aren't the cheapest, but I feel like they will be around for my children to inherit if they needed them. I'm hoping my first EA product, a Wickeder 55 will be here later this month. Can't wait to get it and put it to work!

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
I agree. Their implements aren't the cheapest, but I feel like they will be around for my children to inherit if they needed them. I'm hoping my first EA product, a Wickeder 55 will be here later this month. Can't wait to get it and put it to work!
When did you order again? I ordered May 5th. Hoping by the end of September for me.