EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
This is capitalism at its finest and I would run the order-fulfillment side of the business like this myself for as long as it worked.
I managed a small business unit ($15M P&L) of a publicly-held Fortune-500 company for many years and aside from people (18 engineers), my biggest costs were materials. If I can get someone else to hold those materials costs, I’m gonna do it in a heartbeat. My cash flow can instead then be used to expand the business.
The flip side to this though is if I’m a privately-held company and suddenly develop a penchant for the (losing) ponies (or pick any one of a hundred other vices), I’m paying off Bruno and Knuckles with your money and not even thinking twice about it.
I’ve purchased items from EA that I’m very happy with, but at day #55 (without a shipment sent), I will send a respectful email to them requesting a credit and re-bill of my credit card, explaining the situation. If I hear nothing back, I file a dispute with the credit card company while I still have that leverage. This last time, the item shipped out right after having done so.
Totally agree, they will keep doing it until they can't. The only way we stop them is to stop buying. Maybe years ago they didnt have the capital to hold that inventory value...but they do now. No excuses for them taking advantage of us. Personally unless they have an item in stock and can ship it in a week...I wont use them. I also really like my local Kubota dealer...they have been awesome and deserve my business. So landpride it is.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Potential quality issues not-withstanding, this for many comes down to the leverage lost in compelling a vendor to do anything (even answer an email) once you’re past the 60 day limit as set in the FCRA. Your credit card company will do nothing for you after this date.
Now if you were the best man at Ted’s wedding, perhaps this isn’t an issue—but it’s just a personal choice here regarding the risk of paying in full before something has shipped.
The 60 days starts once the statement including the charge posts so the actual time could be longer. Also, many CC companies will bend over backwards for loyal customers that have a proven track record and will work with the customer to resolve issues such as this, regardless of FCRA policy. EA is an established business with a considerable online presence and it's highly unlikely that they'd be in the position that they're in if they didn't make good products, didn't address customer issues or complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner, or if they made a habit of ripping people off.

I understand why paying upfront is unacceptable to some here. I would prefer not to pay up front but it's more important to me to have a tough and reliable 400lb 60" grapple than it is to pay for another manufacturer's grapple the day it ships. It's really that simple.

For the record, I sent an email to EA this afternoon to request a status update since tomorrow marks 16 weeks from when my order was placed.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
wow, 16 WEEKS and still no idea when you'll get the product ? That you've already paid if full, upfront ??!! I couldn't wait that long...4 months !! Heck a 'seson' is only 3 months....'poof', summer's gone and still no grapple ??
I know I can 'clone' that grapple in less than 2 weeks..greatgrandfather was a gunsmith,so I KNOW how to use hand tools. I just can't understand how the 'job' that needs the grapple, can be put off undtil Winter...or next Spring ?

B2710

Equipment
LX3310, L45, RTV1100
Dec 13, 2011
SE Tennessee
I like EA and I have never had a problem with EA products but waiting 16 weeks after paying is ridiculous.

There are other good grapple/equipment manufacturers out there. I bought a much cheaper priced grapple (by half) that has been abused/hammered by my Bobcat T870 track loader most of its life. They only required a deposit for an order...

Great thing is we can all spent our money as we like...

root grapple.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
wow, 16 WEEKS and still no idea when you'll get the product ? That you've already paid if full, upfront ??!! I couldn't wait that long...4 months !! Heck a 'seson' is only 3 months....'poof', summer's gone and still no grapple ??
I know I can 'clone' that grapple in less than 2 weeks..greatgrandfather was a gunsmith,so I KNOW how to use hand tools. I just can't understand how the 'job' that needs the grapple, can be put off undtil Winter...or next Spring ?
How can you be more offended than the "victim"?

I have four trees down that aren't going anywhere and lots of rocks and boulders to move that also aren't going anywhere. I can wait a bit longer. Even if the grapple showed up tomorrow there are other more pressing projects such as putting in a new driveway, clearing and levelling for shipping containers, building a barn/shop, wiring up the house for a backup generator and so on. I have truck/jeep projects too many to mention so I'm not missing a grapple.

If I don't hear from EA tomorrow I'll call them and find out what's going on.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
re: ...offended... Nearing 70 , I KNOW , life is too short, and hate to see 'projects on hold' due to 'long or unknown delivery times', especially on prepaid items.
If you can wait, that's great. just 24 weeks until snow returns.....

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
As another data point.....it isn't just EA per se.

I ordered a tooth bar from BX and paid up front and are waiting on what will turn out to be ~8weeks most likely.......corresponded with them yesterday, nice people, just dealing with delays. Their manufacturing is running shifts 24hrs per day but the lead time is the lead time.

The delays are impacted many different products, last year I ordered a hot tub in May and paid 50% deposit (~$5K deposit) and it arrived in November.

As long as the guy behind you is willing to pay full price and wait, you don't have much of a choice if you want that particular product.

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
For the record, I sent an email to EA this afternoon to request a status update since tomorrow marks 16 weeks from when my order was placed.
Please let us know. I've got a wicked 55 grapple on order from early May with them (so about 6 weeks in). At that time it was 12-14 weeks lead time. Curious if that has changed.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Please let us know. I've got a wicked 55 grapple on order from early May with them (so about 6 weeks in). At that time it was 12-14 weeks lead time. Curious if that has changed.

I just spoke with EA and here's the situation. I'm #7 in the shipping order and probably two or more weeks away from an email confirming shipment. EA is out of, or have a limited supply of DOM tubing so had to redesign the 60" grapple too. My grapple will have the same top lid design as the 55" shown earlier in this thread. I'm expecting it to be at least three more weeks until I receive the grapple and probably closer to a month.

I could really use the wicked tooth bar ASAP to help out with the new driveway so I'm ok with that shipping before the grapple. Hardox seems to be in decent supply so maybe I'll see it soon.

2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple ETA-60-WRRG > $2,860 shipped to NW MT
3/3 - V2.0 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade ETA-CATI-II-XDBBV2-84 > $2,101 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 5/5)
5/12 - EA 72" Wicked Tooth Bar ETA-WTB-72 > $522.75 shipped to NW MT

Reactions: 1 user

Jester67

Jun 6, 2020
USA
I understand both sides of the issue. In this particular case, I have to side with EA. With the shortage of materials, labor, and the rising demand for all things tractors, I think it is a wise thing to do. As soon as they get your money, they can secure the materials needed to make the product even if they do not have the manpower to build them. Suppose they followed a normal production schedule of just-in-time inventory (used to limit the on-hand inventory). In that case, they run the risk of material cost skyrocketing or not being available at all. This would put them in a situation of either building at a lower profit or not at all. You have now waited months only to have your order canceled; I’m sure that would make people happy. I have seen raw materials changing price while on the truck that is out for delivery, so this strategy only hedges the bet but does not remove all risk for them. If you do not like it, don’t buy it. Imagine what would happen to them if, for some reason, all these orders that are being placed were suddenly canceled for whatever reason, and they were stuck with preorder material that they bought with their own money that would bankrupt them. They are in a situation where they are being forced to balance what is good for you and what is good for their business, and I think this strategy strikes that balance. An alternative to this would be time and material, where you agree to pay a specific labor cost and then allow the material costs to be what they were when the item was made with you contractually committed to buy, no matter the cost. To me, this is more distasteful and with more opportunity for abuse.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Just got an email from EA that the disc harrow I ordered late Feb went on a truck for delivery this morning. I may have some fun this weekend

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
To those that say "paying up front is being a fool", and "you need to buy from a reputable dealer" and making reference to "poor business models", must not truly understand the affect the so called "pandemic" has had on the world's economy.
And then you have shipping delays due to ships becoming "stuck" in the Suez Canal, lack of employees to make shipments, and also the very companies that make and ship steel, lumber, micro-chips, you name it.
EA was very upfront in telling me that my Wicked Grapple V2.0 was going to be at least 14 weeks out.
And yes, I was charged immediately for the purchase, with the result being that I was put on a "list" for shipping.
EA has updated me with order details, PLUS, I was told that my grapple may be upgraded to a BETTER design change as the delays in steel shipments have made EA (and other manufacturers) rethink their product design.
And who knows what the price of steel will do in the future.
It could go up expotentially resulting in higher price, and I am at least locked in at the price at the time I PAID for it.
Sure, I would love to have my grapple sooner, but then again, we are into the HEAT OF SUMMER, and I am not in desperate need of my grapple at this time.
I can wait for a quality product.
But don't call me a "fool" for doing what I did. We all make our own choices for a reason.

Reactions: 5 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
All the 'pandemic' has done is made 'profiteering' to be widespread and 'normal'. really $3 2by4s are $12 up here and no one complains, even though HD has 1,000s in stock,sat pics show mills have LOTS of them.....There's NO shortage of DOM steel in my neck of the woods, yeah 50% more but local supplier has 100s of sections in stock. Something 'Made in USA' is delayed due to a stuck ship in the Suez...?? Really? Why aren't they buying local?
Obviously since you EA guys can 'wait it out' for your implements, I have to assume you don't have a NEED for the products NOW. Neighbour calls, asks for my help, looked at the job, really could have used a 'grapple'. Instead a did some backwoods bodging to MAKE a 'grapple',got his job done in less than 2 hrs. There is no way he could have waited 16 weeks. His small business is back 'up and running'.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
All the 'pandemic' has done is made 'profiteering' to be widespread and 'normal'. really $3 2by4s are $12 up here and no one complains, even though HD has 1,000s in stock,sat pics show mills have LOTS of them.....There's NO shortage of DOM steel in my neck of the woods, yeah 50% more but local supplier has 100s of sections in stock. Something 'Made in USA' is delayed due to a stuck ship in the Suez...?? Really? Why aren't they buying local?
Obviously since you EA guys can 'wait it out' for your implements, I have to assume you don't have a NEED for the products NOW. Neighbour calls, asks for my help, looked at the job, really could have used a 'grapple'. Instead a did some backwoods bodging to MAKE a 'grapple',got his job done in less than 2 hrs. There is no way he could have waited 16 weeks. His small business is back 'up and running'.
If you don’t like Everything Attachments and their business model, why do you keep coming on here and running your mouth bad mouthing them? If everything is better in Canada, then find Canadian manufacturers to support.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It sounds like you're the type of person that only buys something the moment you need it. You don't seem to be able to understand the concept that some people are able to think ahead and order an implement or tool that will be useful in the future. I bought an expensive mag drill a few weeks ago along with quite a few accessories with the idea of using it on various projects I have planned. It's been sitting on my welding bench from day one and I've yet to cut a hole with it and might not for weeks or months.

MidwestGuy

Equipment
LX2610 EA55
Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Matt Ellerbee, here are the pics you asked for, it's the new and improved design with out DOM tubing?
BTW 16 weeks to get my EA55,
grapple1.jpg
grapple2.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I like how so many people in here are acting like there's nothing else in life that you have to wait on. I special ordered my F150 and waited 5 weeks for it to be built just like I wanted it.

How long are people waiting on Kubota tractors right now? And a million other things...
Did you pay in full when you ordered it? I think that was the initial question...

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Replied to TX Chris's post, then lost my place in the thread...

But I keep thinking, it really turns me off that a supplier would expect full payment in advance of supplying a STANDARD item.

I paid in advance for a custom made window, no problem with that, they cannot expect to sell it to someone else, at least not without a considerable discount and maybe a loss.

This company being discussed obviously makes a great product. BUT they leave a sour taste in my mouth, since they are for the most part not making CUSTOM products, and squeezing their customers for money before they should.

Just my honest opinion...I could live with a partial payment I suppose, but payment in full for a standard item that will not be supplied for months? Nope, sorry...

Reactions: 3 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I gotta laugh at all the concerns brought up about EA's business model as if a person has no other options but to buckle under and purchase from them under their terms. I bet EA is laughing as well. They couldn't buy this kind of international advertising that gets renewed almost every day!

Like P. T. Barnum said, "I don't give a damn what you say about me, just make sure you spell my name right!" :LOL:

as in: everythingattachents.com

Edit: The word "all" in the first sentence means "all" as in both sides of the discussion. :)

Last edited: