EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I want to make clear I do not hate EA. I think they make great products, probably the best in some scenarios. If they had a 4 week turnaround and didnt charge until shipping I would almost certainly be buying my attachments from them. What I dont agree with is their money up front business model...when they are 4 months out.

I dont want to influence anyone to not buy EA. If you are comfortable with their business model you will be getting a great product and great support. I am simply stating for those that aren't ok with this model have other good options. Do what you want with your money.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
...But a small protruding hose on any brand seems pretty minor when the actual "hook up" hoses dangle loose all over the place once the grapple is installed. I have to be more watchful of them versus the actual routing of the grapple cylinder hoses. Which is especially true when your backing up while working in the brush with your loader down low.
Exactly. The hookup hoses are what get pinched on curl if you arent careful.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Homestead, temporarily shipping in 10 weeks for what I looked at … that’s not much better than EA.
I am going by what most people are posting here - 16 weeks for EA. 10 weeks is 1.5 months earlier.
I am sure it varies with the individual product.

However, faster and without paying the full price up front or better 0% financing on a similar product shipped for free to your door should at least cause people to weigh their options.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Yep. Canceled my order of 60” grapple and tooth bar because of it. This company obviously can’t be trusted... And I like to let others from the interwebs tell me how to spend my money.
Matt I think EA can be trusted just fine. They will deliver your product. I have yet to hear of an owner paying and not getting the product. It is just a question of the wait and the up front pay model you should consider in your decision.

Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Matt I think EA can be trusted just fine. They will deliver your product. I have yet to hear of an owner paying and not getting the product. It is just a question of the wait and the up front pay model you should consider in your decision.
With all the other jokes in this thread, figured I’d toss one in too. I didn’t cancel anything. This is my second time ordering from EA. First was a wicked 55, that showed up about a week before I took delivery of tractor it was for. I’m in no rush for the wicked 60” or the 72” tooth bar. Sure, I could use them, but I’ll get by.

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Rumor has it that Jerry Springer may soon be moderating this thread !! :ROFLMAO:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin

I think that might be the misconception in this thread. EA isn't going to "take your money". No one should be afraid of that.

However, what you cannot predict is unforeseen consequences. Their factory burns down and they don't have the proper insurance coverage, tax evasion, other catastrophic events which cause their business to go under. At that point, you are in a line with anyone else they owe money to. It's highly likely that you'll never see the money you sent them.

This is the main risk. For me, I see it as unlikely that some sort of act of god event like that occurs, but then again, it's happened many times before in history.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Just received confirmation that my grapple is shipping today! :giggle: The tracking # shows that it's already been picked up and will be here 6/30.

ORDERED 2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple ETA-60-WRRG > $2,860 shipped to NW MT (SHIPPED 6/24)
ORDERED 3/3
- V2.0 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade ETA-CATI-II-XDBBV2-84 > $2,101 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 5/5)
ORDERED 5/12 - EA 72" Wicked Tooth Bar ETA-WTB-72 > $522.75 shipped to NW MT

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Ricklesss

Equipment
L3901
Aug 5, 2020
Dexter Oregon
A post recently made makes me question whether EA has greasable pivots on their grapple? Hope so.
Heard there is a possible grease shortage coming…wonder if they’ll make us pay up front for it soon…
I’m in line with 13 weeks to go…
What a snarky thread!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I’m not sure what possessed me to read this entire thread, but I just did. Glad I got a grapple before the pandemic. Geez…

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
A post recently made makes me question whether EA has greasable pivots on their grapple? Hope so.
Heard there is a possible grease shortage coming…wonder if they’ll make us pay up front for it soon…
What a snarky thread!
fully greasable

4BC9ED96-C506-4177-BA04-2571CEDEAFA2.jpeg
AD0D630E-C330-48C8-B343-78F75390BA46.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:
What a snarky thread!

wow 13 weeks... 52 in a year, so 1/4 of a year = 3 months.....
sigh, that's like OCTOBER...

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I'm nearing 70 and have been retired for just over 1/2 my life, 'thinking ahead' has allowed me to help family, friends and neighbours and of course stockpile materials and tools for 'rainy day ' projects.
I just find it interesting that some don't have a problem with paying 100% up front with no guarrentee they'll ever see the product and I'd still like to know if those who buy trucks ,cars, new home builds HAVE paid in full , up front.
I think we're all guilty at times of the same motives or doing the same thing that we criticize others for doing. Me included. In your post 181 above (and highlighted in red here) you stated that you stockpile materials and tools for rainy day projects, possibly even for friends and neighbors as implied.

Help me understand: Isn't that basically the same as "Paying up front" for something that might not be needed for a week, months, a year maybe, or possibly never? I'm not criticizing that by any means as I have scads of stuff both purchased and/or salvaged that may have to be cleaned up by my heirs. My neighbors love my "hardware stash" and lineup of tools, some of which see seldom use.

But any way you look at it.....that too is paying up front for something with no certain timeframe of being used. Whether it's paying for it in money, time, or valuable space. And it doesn't matter the value of the items, as that's different for every person also. We can all argue what's valuable to others is a waste to us......just as they can do the same. Neither being completely right. Just sayin' :)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
BD, you're right..similar to 'paying up front'.. except I have very little actual cash invested in the materials. I've always bartered my stuff or services to acquire more 'stuff' or materials,so there's no 'empty wallet'.
As long as the mortgage is being paid, food on the table, shoes on the kids feet, giving a few thousand greenbacks to a company for a product is OK.
I have to wonder though...if these purchases are on credit cards, and not paid off in full ,every month, you get $$$ interest charged ? That could amount to some serious 'lost coins'....

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
BD, you're right..similar to 'paying up front'.. except I have very little actual cash invested in the materials. I've always bartered my stuff or services to acquire more 'stuff' or materials,so there's no 'empty wallet'.
As long as the mortgage is being paid, food on the table, shoes on the kids feet, giving a few thousand greenbacks to a company for a product is OK.
I have to wonder though...if these purchases are on credit cards, and not paid off in full ,every month, you get $$$ interest charged ? That could amount to some serious 'lost coins'....
It’s not your problem with what other people do with their money. Why do keep insisting that you need to tell them how to manage their money and purchases? It’s their own choice, not yours. Are you jealous that they have the money and time to wait?

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Just FYI, I placed my order for my grapple on May 4th and was told the estimate for completion was 12-14 weeks. I checked in this week (7 weeks in now) and it sounds like it's going to be more like 14-16 weeks.

Just thought I'd post that if it helps someone else.

Greg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
re: Are you jealous that they have the money and time to wait?
not jealous about their money, I have lots of my own and bought lots of toys over the past 4 decades
now time , is another matter. my tape ruler's getting mighty short. it'd be nice to have another 30 years but odds are good maybe another 5-7.

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
Just FYI, I placed my order for my grapple on May 4th and was told the estimate for completion was 12-14 weeks. I checked in this week (7 weeks in now) and it sounds like it's going to be more like 14-16 weeks.

Just thought I'd post that if it helps someone else.

Greg
I’m two weeks behind you. Bummer. I won’t call for a while.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’ve got nothing against EA…despite their higher-than-ordinary-pricing….or the apparent fact they can’t afford to buy materials up-front or pay their help on time …or whatever their problem is with operating-capital.

And….I will use nothing-but EA…. just as soon as they ship it to my house first…and free…. and then be willing to wait 16 weeks for my payment.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Raw materials which my company previously would buy every couple months, we're having to buy them once a year in an effort to have material available and mitigate exorbitant price increases. Not everybody has that luxury.
Material availability is stretched so thin right now, it makes it very difficult to hit deadlines anymore.