EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
By the way, if folks here think that paying $2,000 for something and waiting 14 weeks is a big deal, I guess you won't be buying a suppressor or SBR any time soon! Those need to be paid for up front along with a $200 tax stamp and up to a one year wait. It's not unheard of for an FFL/SOT to go out of business with a bunch of Title II firearms still in the safe.

Reactions: 1 user

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Think about it as a smart business decision. Less paperwork for them to deal with. If someone puts a deposit down then they might have to chase the person down to get full payment. That entails more time spent with each order, probably hiring another person just to keep track of who owes what. Then is screws ip shipping because joe blow didn’t pay the rest of the order. Then they have to store the item because he didn’t pay and they can’t ship it...

So now you have another person on payroll, more storage needed for things that are built but can ship, inventory is then subjected to possible damage, theft, etc. Probably another person on payroll to keep track of the inventory that’s held for non payment.

Instead, once a batch of product is finished, they are shipped immediately. There is no question weather joe blow payed in full. No mistakes of them shipping something that isn’t payed in full.

Who absorbs the cost of the extra employees and storage facilities? The customer.

Not to mention the stress it adds to them. At the moment, they can concentrate on doing what they love, building things. Maybe innovating some new things for the public.

There are plenty of other companies that make similar attachments. I’m sure they have it in stock.

Also, the idea that Everything is built in America, with American steel and American pride is important to me. I usually go out of my way to look for things built here.

Reactions: 10 users

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
They also told me that they had just added another shift and hired 4 new welders/fabrication people to work that shift. They estimated 4wks to get them fully trained and have that second shift running .
Hopefully they can maintain quality with the ramp up in production and new people.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
By the way, if folks here think that paying $2,000 for something and waiting 14 weeks is a big deal, I guess you won't be buying a suppressor or SBR any time soon! Those need to be paid for up front along with a $200 tax stamp and up to a one year wait. It's not unheard of for an FFL/SOT to go out of business with a bunch of Title II firearms still in the safe.
Yes, been there done that. But, they're the government and entitled to be inept, or so they think. Maybe that is why I didn't mind paying for the grapple and receiving it in about 10 weeks. :LOL:

Think about it as a smart business decision. Less paperwork for them to deal with. If someone puts a deposit down then they might have to chase the person down to get full payment. That entails more time spent with each order, probably hiring another person just to keep track of who owes what. Then is screws ip shipping because joe blow didn’t pay the rest of the order. Then they have to store the item because he didn’t pay and they can’t ship it...
I thought the same thing. It would seem a nightmare to have to go back and add charges. A much simpler system it would seem.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hopefully they can maintain quality with the ramp up in production and new people.
Yes, now this is something to be concerned about. I work in the firearms industry and have seen a number of issues with vendor supplied parts when they have to bump up production in a hurry and hire extra shifts. I watch the EA's weekly factory walk through on YouTube and pay close attention to the welds on various implements on the shop floor.

I'm fairly sure that the first shift welders who clearly take pride in their work aren't going to let crappy quality leave the factory that would reflect poorly on them. The good thing about welds is that it's usually easy to spot bad ones and you can bet that all of the welders are looking at everyone else's work.

Reactions: 3 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Think about it as a smart business decision. Less paperwork for them to deal with. If someone puts a deposit down then they might have to chase the person down to get full payment.
They can put a RESERVE on your credit card. That reduces your credit line so they can charge it in full later...that's not horribly adminstrative. That's a fair process to me but I understand. And yes, buying American matters, unless it insults my intelligence as a consumer. It's totally American to exploit supply and demand. I get it. I'd do the same. I'd probably keep raising my prices if everyone was so bonkers over my product. It's truly the American way. Yes, I agree, it's a smart business decision.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
deleted

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thinking about this, as a person of no interest, I have concluded the following:

1) Demand is strong. The company can sell everything they make, immediately when it is available.

2) They may be charging in advance of shipping to ensure you will be there to accept delivery when they have product to ship.

3) Somehow they see putting your money in their pocket earns them something in the interim. Not sure what that might be. Interest rates are so low just letting it set somewhere results in little gain.

4) They are a small company. Maybe they do not even analyze what they do, and just do what they do. And have not even thought about the turn off aspect...

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Maybe someday when they no longer make the best lightweight grapple and other excellent products and no longer have a leadtime, they will get hungry marketing. For now they are going as fast as they can.

I had no problem paying them in advance. We do it on many products we buy. The leadtime stinks, but a little planning can alleviate that.

I would suggest one of the chinese importers for an immediate ship/deliver situation and it will save you a few dollars as well.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Last December I placed a large seed order online. The company clearly said when things would ship (at least a rough time frame). I COULD have waited until shipping time, but that would have risked not getting anything, which I didn't want to chance.

I got my first shipment mid-January, and I'm currently waiting on potatoes. But I know I'll GET them. Had I waited, I likely wouldn't have gotten any (they're sold out). Paying in advance guaranteed my place in line, months later.

I guess you just have to decide what you're comfortable with.

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota

So now you have another person on payroll, more storage needed for things that are built but can ship, inventory is then subjected to possible damage, theft, etc. Probably another person on payroll to keep track of the inventory that’s held for non payment.

Instead, once a batch of product is finished, they are shipped immediately. There is no question weather joe blow payed in full. No mistakes of them shipping something that isn’t payed in full.

Who absorbs the cost of the extra employees and storage facilities? The customer.

Not to mention the stress it adds to them. At the moment, they can concentrate on doing what they love, building things. Maybe innovating some new things for the public.

There are plenty of other companies that make similar attachments. I’m sure they have it in stock.

Also, the idea that Everything is built in America, with American steel and American pride is important to me. I usually go out of my way to look for things built here.
Agree wholeheartedly with your statements and it reminded me of my experience some 30 years ago:

When my PTO leaf blower was purchased around 1990, I used my credit card and they said it wouldn’t be charged ‘til after the blower was shipped. Ordered it in the spring but was told none were in stock. Their next shipment would be in before September. That was fine with me and the order was placed. Price was +/- $2000 at the time.

Over the summer months the leaf blower purchase faded from memory until I got a call from the freight depot saying to come and pick up my package, which I did on the way home from work. The very next morning, while in meetings at work, I get paged for an outside phone call. The secretary said the caller seemed frantic!

I took the call in the meeting room (big mistake, thinking it was family) It was the salesman I ordered the blower from. (Agri Supply, if I remember right but it was some 30 years ago now so I’m not quite sure. But it was a company located quite a few states away.) He stated he had already shipped the blower to me and payment through my credit card for the last 3 days had failed! I told him my CC was good and couldn’t imagine his troubles. By now all my coworkers were listening to my end of the conversation! LOL! The salesman was quite loud and worried that he’d be on the hook for the blower himself, it seemed. I remember telling him, “Don’t worry!! I’m not going to stiff you!” Finally, we figured out what had happened: In the interim, my old CC had expired and I was issued a new one and never thought about calling the company about the blower. He wanted my new CC number right then and there! I told him I was in a meeting and everybody was listening to our conversation and I wasn’t going to give him that info right now but I’d call him from home after work. He finally calmed down, thanked me, and had my new card info later that day.

Back then, without remembering who the company was, they probably didn’t have the means to recall the shipment after the credit card didn’t work. They might have thought it was just a glitch in their system the first day or two. Who knows? But their trusting that the card would be good after the blower had shipped exposed a flaw in their well-intentioned business practice. That salesman must have really done some investigating to figure out where I worked and how to get ahold of me during the day. With long wait times today for some goods, CC’s expiring could still a factor unless they get payment right up front.

After that phone call, I had to explain the situation to the “rubber neckers” (everyone in the meeting). Most thought I did the right thing……a few said they would have been enjoying their free implement! Most likely kidding though, one would hope!

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
That's just dumb to ship and not finish the transaction. This is not rocket science.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just an update, I get my Land Pride grader/scraper that I was talking about tomorrow. So, yea!

Reactions: 3 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:
Think about it as a smart business decision. Less paperwork for them to deal with. If someone puts a deposit down then they might have to chase the person down to get full payment.

Nor really. 'computers' do ALL the real work, there's no 'real' paperwork, just bits and bytes on a harddrive, been that way for over 3 decades. You take a eposit, when 'manufactureing says it's ready, email customer, get his final payment, shipping sends it out. simple, easy, 1-2-3

That entails more time spent with each order, probably hiring another person just to keep track of who owes what. Then is screws ip shipping because joe blow didn’t pay the rest of the order. Then they have to store the item because he didn’t pay and they can’t ship it...

Nor really. 'computers' do ALL the real work, there's no 'real' paperwork, just bits and bytes on a harddrive, been that way for over 3 decades. You take a eposit, when 'manufactureing says it's ready, email customer, get his final payment, shipping sends it out. simple, easy, 1-2-3

So now you have another person on payroll,

One company I know,used to subcon for them, grossed 21-23 million a year. ONE gal handled the front office(sales into puter type stuff) , ONE guy did the shipping(99% international,so LOTS of real paperwork)

I still can't understand how anyone could wait 1/4 of a year ( the entire frowing season up here) for a part ! It's obviosuly NOT needed for farming or otherwise making a living. Maybe things are different south of the 49th ? As for the 'shortage' of parts.. I learned 3 decades ago to design using 2 or 3 comparable parts, from at least 2 manufacturers from 2-3 suppliers. Never ever had to call a client and say sorry your shipment is delayed.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Computers are only as accurate at the programming and the user input. Their business is thriving using the business model they have been using for years. Why would they change it if it’s working so well?

Their business is manufacturing, welding, designing, producing. I wouldn’t want to deal with all the hassles that computers bring into the picture. Just because some people enjoy technology and all the possibilities, doesn’t mean the entire world does.

Why fix what’s not broken?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
re:

That entails more time spent with each order, probably hiring another person just to keep track of who owes what. Then is screws ip shipping because joe blow didn’t pay the rest of the order. Then they have to store the item because he didn’t pay and they can’t ship it...

So now you have another person on payroll,

One company I know,used to subcon for them, grossed 21-23 million a year. ONE gal handled the front office(sales into puter type stuff) , ONE guy did the shipping(99% international,so LOTS of real paperwork)

I still can't understand how anyone could wait 1/4 of a year ( the entire frowing season up here) for a part ! It's obviosuly NOT needed for farming or otherwise making a living. Maybe things are different south of the 49th ? As for the 'shortage' of parts.. I learned 3 decades ago to design using 2 or 3 comparable parts, from at least 2 manufacturers from 2-3 suppliers. Never ever had to call a client and say sorry your shipment is delayed.
Maybe 3 decade ago, but things have changed a bit. Why are some Ford and GM plants shut down because they do not have a particular computer chip?

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
If you pay with a credit card at the beginning of your billing cycle, and pay your balance in full at the end of the cycle, you will be about 8 weeks into the wait for the implement. It may well be on its way to you by then.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Why fix what’s not broken?

Well, they COULD have a LOT more sales ! While their 'business model' currently works for them,they'll have to adapt or go bust. Say their product 'x' retails for $1000. If 10 people go elsewhere, they just lost $10,000 in sales. If 100 people do, that's $100,000, 1000 = 1 million. What will happen, over time, is that , they lose 'market share', profits dwindle, shareholders get 'upset'.
It's real easy to 'reverse engineer' their products ,setup cookiecutter operations and sell for 90% of their sticker price. pretty sure most will go with the less expensive unit. Afterall there's a lot of Chevy pickup owners, very few Caddy pickups on the road......so $$$ talks !

The Ford + GM shutdown is solely due to them having ONE supplier of the 'computer chip'. Had they properly 'engineered' their vehicles, they could make them 24/7 without a 'supply' problem. back in the 80's a Motorola micro was the chip to use, unless you ordered 10,000 pcs per month Moto wouldn't talk to you. I didn't need that many(just 100s/mth). Found out Toshiba also made the same chip, problem solved. 2 different manufactures of the same ,identical part, 7 different vendors, no problem getting the part 1-100 oe 1,000s.
I always grin and laugh when I hear about 'shutdown do to supply issues'.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I didn’t know they had shareholders?!?!?

Why don’t they just buy the steel from China already cut out. Then simply weld things together like so many other companies do. Maybe they can do partial welds to save time and money. Then they can sell things REALLY cheap and take over the entire market share!!

Oh wait. They don’t have shareholders. I looked on the stock market to buy shares and I couldn’t find them. I guess they are privately owned and don’t have to answer to a board of directors. And they don’t have to take orders from the board either.

Since they are a privately owned company and they can make decisions based on their needs and goals. I don’t think they want to take over the market. Their goal seems to be to do what they love and provide an excellent product while doing it. “If you build it, they will come”

Have you ever read the story of “The Mexican Fisherman” I highly suggest people read that. It’s about one page long and it can give you a different perspective. Google it.

Personally, I buy American made goods because I think they are better quality, and I can’t think of a time where it wasn’t a better quality item. Also, implements are, and should be, a one time purchase. So waiting for it isn’t a huge problem. And knowing it will last more than a lifetime makes it even more worth it.

Does it suck that we have to wait for something we paid for? Yes.

Is it worth it to me? Yes

Does that mean you have to do the same? Nope

Right now, we are a capitalist economy. They have the right to set terms and control quality. And buyers have the right to decide they want something else.

Reactions: 2 users