Everything Attachments Grapple

Steamer Pete

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 29, 2021
Holland, MI
Shipping to a residential verses commercial address often costs more because of insuficent equipment to unload the parcel, and amount of time to do so. Zip into a commercial dock, fork truck runs in & out, and they're on their way. If the trucker has to wait for you to find your forks, drag the item to the back of the truck with chains that were in the barn out back, and also have a risk of getting stuck or not being able to navigate the trail to your house, this is why costs are higher. When you can, if you have a friend at a commercial facility, have things shipped there, then pick them up with your equipment.

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
"within their 600 miles" ?
Has the "free shipping" distance changed?
I must have a wire crossed on mileage…at a glance I did not see an actual mileage number but there seems to be a pretty good range. (Looks to be 1k based off the link)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Popcorn 🍿 popping, and cold beverage in hand watching another Everything Attachments thread go down the crapper.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I agree…Shipping is never free to the consumer. You’re either charged for it, or it’s embedded in the item’s final price to the consumer. I think most of us always look at the final “out of pocket” cost when purchasing an item along with whether that cost is the best value for the type of item we’re looking at purchasing. That choice is up to the consumer.

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement, “(and those outside the 1000-mile range pays even MORE…subsidizing their other (inside-the-1000-mile) customers. . I don‘t buy from EA for those reasons.)”

I consider it to be the opposite: The consumers closer to the manufacturer inside that 1000 mile radius are paying the average 1000 mile shipping cost whether they’re next door, 100 miles away or anywhere within the 1000 mile radius. When I bought my EA grapple, the add on shipping cost was very minimal for the extra mileage. Who actually paid more for actual shipping costs: the person 100 miles away that paid the full purchase price? Or me, by only paying a minimal additional surcharge to ship the item some 1460+ miles?

I agree with others: EA is very upfront with their shipping charges and all it takes is an email/phone call to find out what the extra charge will be if you fall outside the 1000 mile radius of their free shipping range. Rather than the man hours to calculate the exact shipping charges, logistics, different carrier possibilities for every customer’s inquiry for their individual location (whether they actually purchase an item or not)……they’ve obviously figured out an average cost for the 1000 mile radius (for their.... and to their.... carrier’s locations) and included that in each item’s price. Outside that 1000 mile range…..a small (or it used to be small, anyway) surcharge was added for the additional mileage.

In the end, the consumer is in the driver’s seat making the decision that works best for him. You can purchase from them or not. All the info you need is onsite and/or available just for the asking. The consumer has to figure out his best way to retrieve the item from the carrier. Nothing wrong with that plan. IMHO
Excellent post. (y)

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement, “(and those outside the 1000-mile range pays even MORE…subsidizing their other (inside-the-1000-mile) customers. . I don‘t buy from EA for those reasons.)”

I consider it to be the opposite: The consumers closer to the manufacturer inside that 1000 mile radius are paying the average 1000 mile shipping cost whether they’re next door, 100 miles away or anywhere within the 1000 mile radius. When I bought my EA grapple, the add on shipping cost was very minimal for the extra mileage. Who actually paid more for actual shipping costs: the person 100 miles away that paid the full purchase price? Or me, by only paying a minimal additional surcharge to ship the item some 1460+ miles?

In the end, the consumer is in the driver’s seat making the decision that works best for him. You can purchase from them or not. All the info you need is onsite and/or available just for the asking. The consumer has to figure out his best way to retrieve the item from the carrier. Nothing wrong with that plan. IMHO
Very reasonable view. I hadn’t quite seen it that way. Thanks.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
EA will ship to a residential address for a little extra. Probably make sense if you're 100 miles from the freight terminal.

Reactions: 1 user

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
What's the big deal going to a freight terminal anyway? It's not like a bait-and-switch; they make the conditions of sale very clear, including the delivery.
When I was considering ordering from EA (and will in the future), the local freight terminal was about 10 miles away. Just hook up a trailer, had them drop it on there, and go. The good thing about a terminal is someone doesn't have to be at the end location to accept delivery.

There's enough complex issues in the world already, EA shipping doesn't need to be another one.

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I am lucky enough to still be working for a large distribution company. I had all my EA purchases shipped to one or another company branch. Then the branch manager had his guys deliver it here for me on their truck. At the next opportunity I would bring bagels / donuts over for the whole branch and their customers.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
What's the big deal going to a freight terminal anyway? It's not like a bait-and-switch; they make the conditions of sale very clear, including the delivery.
When I was considering ordering from EA (and will in the future), the local freight terminal was about 10 miles away. Just hook up a trailer, had them drop it on there, and go. The good thing about a terminal is someone doesn't have to be at the end location to accept delivery.

There's enough complex issues in the world already, EA shipping doesn't need to be another one.
The "big deal" is "free shipping"
"Free shipping" to me, means "free shipping"..... to ME.
Not shipped to some distant location.
The shipping terminal for me is 80 miles away.
Sure,....I can pay a little bit more for delivery to ME,... but then it is NOT "free shipping".
It is deceptive advertising, no matter how you slice it!

If Amazon offered "free shipping" for your items, but only to a point 80 miles away, would you consider that they had met their "free shipping" pledge?

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
If you want to argue the semantics, their policy is spelled out very clearly on the website.
You have a choice to be a customer or not.
If you are not a customer, I'm not sure why it concerns you anyway.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
For other reasons I have not purchased from EA but their shipping policies were not an issue as they clearly state their radius and use of a commercial address or shipping terminal. Fair enough.

I ordered my grapple from Messicks. Guess what? Shipped to a semi-local terminal for a reasonable fee. No problem.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you want to argue the semantics, their policy is spelled out very clearly on the website.
It is a word/semantics game that EA is playing.
It "concerns" me because it is intentionally deceptive!
"Free shipping" by EA to Kalamazoo is deceptive, if I happen to live in Grand Rapids!

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It's too much for some to understand. You can add "not actually using their tractors" in addition to not being an EA customer. Everything for them is hypothetical.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It is a word/semantics game that EA is playing.
It "concerns" me because it is intentionally deceptive!
"Free shipping" by EA to Kalamazoo is deceptive, if I happen to live in Grand Rapids!
Maybe you'd be better served worrying about things that actually affect you. At 82 how much time do you want to waste on this?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
The "big deal" is "free shipping"
"Free shipping" to me, means "free shipping"..... to ME.
Not shipped to some distant location.
The shipping terminal for me is 80 miles away.
Sure,....I can pay a little bit more for delivery to ME,... but then it is NOT "free shipping".
It is deceptive advertising, no matter how you slice it!

If Amazon offered "free shipping" for your items, but only to a point 80 miles away, would you consider that they had met their "free shipping" pledge?
Read their shipping policy and see how many times it tells you where they are shipping it. If you had bothered to read it before spouting off, you would know that you are wrong with what you keep spouting off.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Read their shipping policy and see how many times it tells you where they are shipping it. If you had bothered to read it before spouting off, you would know that you are wrong with what you keep spouting off.
I have bought two items from EA!
42" Forks, and 6 Way Deluxe Rear Blade.
Both are outstanding products!
I understand EA shipping policies!

The words "free shipping" are part of the meat of EA advertising.
Because "free shipping" is advertised by EA , and then contains the caveat of not actually being "free shipping" to the buyer address, it would seem to be intentionally ambiguous/deceptive!
It is an advertising leader concept, that you are apparently unwilling/unable to comprehend!
"Spouting off" is oft accepted as educationally beneficial.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The words "Free shipping" are the meat of their title!
It is an advertising leader, that you apparently cannot comprehend!
"Spouting off" can be an educational ......for some folks!
So now an "advertising leader" is the same thing as "intentionally deceptive"? You seem to be able to talk yourself into circles like no other.

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
The High Taxes part of lovely NY, USA
Homestead built my grapple in about 8 weeks and shipped it via free shipping to my house. All I had to do was unload it from the truck and put it on the end of my loader.
Free shipping was “free shipping”, not “free shipping*”