Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

Colb56

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 5, 2024
PA
View attachment 124659

"Confirmed by this business..." I had reported to google that EA was dead and they changed the listing to "permanently Closed", a while back... guess they changed it again.
I don't believe that they are open for 1 moment. One would think if that were so they while they are in talks with the big boys.

Hopefully they or someone who worked for them that knows the ins and out of that business will re name the company and continue to make quality products.

I feel very fortunate and was ready to buy a few things until I lerned here that they went out of Business. Hard way to loose money or have to wait possibly years for your money.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don't believe that they are open for 1 moment. One would think if that were so they while they are in talks with the big boys.

Hopefully they or someone who worked for them that knows the ins and out of that business will re name the company and continue to make quality products.

I feel very fortunate and was ready to buy a few things until I lerned here that they went out of Business. Hard way to loose money or have to wait possibly years for your money.
I doubt very much that any EA retail customer will have "to wait possibly years for your money".
The bank, and/or any other secured creditors, will quickly grab what they can, and there will NONE left for individuals.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The interest on the tax bill alone, eliminates a few customers from getting any of their money back.
The interest on the bank loan has to be HUGE !!!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
There's a health food store in town that's been around a long time and I asked the owner if they have a machine to grind almonds to make almond butter. The owner told me that he used to have a really nice and expensive grinder that after many years needed servicing. He dropped it off at a local business that filed for bankruptcy a few months later. He was never able to get the grinder back which seems totally unethical to me. The whole concern was auctioned off including his grinder. This just seems so wrong to me that even if you can prove that it's your property, the fact that it's on the premises of a business that's going through bankruptcy, you have no rights.

Imagine dropping off a $100k car, boat or truck at a business and then being told that the business has filed for bankruptcy and that you can't get your property back.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There's a health food store in town that's been around a long time and I asked the owner if they have a machine to grind almonds to make almond butter. The owner told me that he used to have a really nice and expensive grinder that after many years needed servicing. He dropped it off at a local business that filed for bankruptcy a few months later. He was never able to get the grinder back which seems totally unethical to me. The whole concern was auctioned off including his grinder. This just seems so wrong to me that even if you can prove that it's your property, the fact that it's on the premises of a business that's going through bankruptcy, you have no rights.

Imagine dropping off a $100k car, boat or truck at a business and then being told that the business has filed for bankruptcy and that you can't get your property back.
That happened to me a few year back. Had a 280Z and had it at a body shop. I was having trouble getting him to get the work done. I discovered through the grape vine he was filling for bankruptcy. I went in to get my car, he was reluctant to let me have it saying it would be done next. He eventually got out of my way, but I was leaving with my car.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The interest on the tax bill alone, eliminates a few customers from getting any of their money back.
The interest on the bank loan has to be HUGE !!!
The long and the short of it is,...... that:
NOBODY (including the bank) is going to get ALL of "their money back"

DriveATractor

Equipment
LX
Mar 12, 2024
Northern IL
Yikes, I was one step away from purchasing the 55" Grapple. I decided to check their FB page for discount codes. Saw the page saying they were closed up and google brought me here. Guess I will be going Homestead version.

• Wow

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yikes, I was one step away from purchasing the 55" Grapple. I decided to check their FB page for discount codes. Saw the page saying they were closed up and google brought me here. Guess I will be going Homestead version.
This is exactly why I've kept the thread going. ;)

Reactions: 4 users

GeoffHubbard

Equipment
L3902 w/LA526 Loader, BH77 16" Backhoe, RCF2060 Brush Cutter
Nov 15, 2023
Winchester, VA
I saw a post in a Kubota FB group about EA declaring bankruptcy. Thought it was BS as it originated on a TYM group, but the EA FB group is "paused" as of 2/1/2024

Their web site appears unchanged. I called but could only leave a message.

Anyone know the real scoop?
Well darn.... I'm into them for 1900 bucks for the xtreme box blade ordered in November... I did all money payments through paypal, and have started the "report a problem" process, so we'll see.... does anyone need to know if i get my money back? i'll come back and say if so...

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Well darn.... I'm into them for 1900 bucks for the xtreme box blade ordered in November... I did all money payments through paypal, and have started the "report a problem" process, so we'll see.... does anyone need to know if i get my money back? i'll come back and say if so...
Please report how it works out for you.

Marengo

Equipment
B6200HSTD 4WD, Land Pride FDR1548, Woods BR60, 4' Brush Hog, DIY 8'Yard Trailer
Jun 4, 2015
Marengo,Ohio
I also used PayPal for my purchase with EA.
You have 180 days to contest for non delivery.
It only took about 14 days and PayPal refunded my purchase price after I opened the complaint.
Get it started asap.

Reactions: 5 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Paypal is one of the best at returning these kinds of charges.

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
Bankruptcy laws need to be changed so that customers don't lose their property. It's essentially considered an asset of the business, but it's not. They don't own it!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Bankruptcy laws need to be changed so that customers don't lose their property. It's essentially considered an asset of the business, but it's not. They don't own it!
Good luck on bankruptcy laws being changed to benefit the customer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm.. it could be interesting. everyone who paid up front for something, should be able to 'litigate' (sue ?? ) for either their property or money back. Could argue that the equipment is NOT an asset rather a 'payable' that wasn't delivered ?
Still no official 'bankruptcy' paperwork ???

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Good luck on bankruptcy laws being changed to benefit the customer.
I can never figure out how everyone involved loses money except the lawyers. They are the last ones to get in line, yet the first ones to get paid. The law needs to be changed.

• Love

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I can never figure out how everyone involved loses money except the lawyers. They are the last ones to get in line, yet the first ones to get paid. The law needs to be changed.
Silly boy, who wrote the rules? :)

A friend reps industrial equipment. Some years ago they sold some custom equipment to a company. It was delivered and paid for. Several months later, the company filed for bankruptcy. The court made the manufacturer give the money back and wait in line for 'their share'. 'Clawback' they call it.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
That's F 'ed up...
The whole thing's screwed up. Theoretically, it's done because the bankrupt party may have preferentially paid some vendors and not others, so this lets them divide assets 'equally'. Of course, the lawyers get a full share and EA's owner will probably get paid for his 'effort' to find a buyer.