Status
Not open for further replies.

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
All,
Long time viewer; first time poster. I am compelled to share a story with all of you. I have owned my B2620 for about 18 months. Prior to that I grew up for the past 34 years on many different machines, often creating fond memories with family and friends. This was my first "grown up" tractor; a Kubota 2620 with all the fun stuff that you played with in the sand box.

A daily ritual with my three year old daughter is to traverse down our road about a quarter mile over the railroad bridge (to see the choo-choos) with the end destination of seeing the "horsies" as she calls them. She loves the tractor, loves the time outdoors, and I get to spend very quality time with two of my three favorite girls....She's well on her way to loving "life out here" and great relief to see her taking interest in other things besides Netflix and Ipads.

After getting done pulverizing my lawn this past weekend in prep for seeding, my daughter requested a tractor ride. As we have done a hundred times before, we buckled up, put on our hazards and headlights, and proceeded on our path. Complete with our slow moving vehicle signage, we continued to the horse pasture.

Out of nowhere we were struck from the rear by a hit and run driver (not to mention the vehicle behind them who also did not stop). It was a 04-06 full size Ford that managed to hit at a rate of speed and power that not only left both tow hooks, lights, and fender pieces behind, but also that managed to destroy our Kubota. The impact bent the six foot pulverizer dead center. We were pushed approximately 50 feet and smashed loader first into the guardrail. I had planned to remove it after yard-work, but did not.

The good Lord was with us that that day. He enabled us to have another day together.

I implore you; Please don't take for granted safety precautions, don't text/talk when driving, and always wear your safety gear when operating any machinery. Keep mind of your surroundings; sometimes it may not be your fault. If it weren't for our seat belt, the outcome could have been quite different.

Please be careful out there.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Glad to hear you both came out of that mess okay. It's good that you probably massed as much as that F150 and had seat belt on or it could have been worse.

Sorry to hear of the demise of your tractor. Hopefully the other drivers insurance will let you get a nice new unit and you can go back on those daily rides.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Wow, glad you're OK ! I get that alot when snow blowing, people won't move and blow by inches from you. Now if I see they aren't moving I will start rotating the shoot towards them . They usually move. DO NOT trust drivers out there.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Glad to hear that ya'll made it out ok. That's a scary situation to be in. Hopefully the police will have luck finding the driver. It's a shame that the person behind the hitter didn't stop to check on ya'll.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
..... Hopefully the other drivers insurance will let you get a nice new unit and you can go back on those daily rides.
That's the rub...... it was a "Hit and Run". So no "insured" driver yet involved.

....Out of nowhere we were struck from the rear by a hit and run driver (not to mention the vehicle behind them who also did not stop). It was a 04-06 full size Ford that managed to hit at a rate of speed and power that not only left both tow hooks, lights, and fender pieces behind,....
The good Lord was with us that that day. He enabled us to have another day together. ...
Glad to hear your ok. How is your Daughters Spirit? I bet that was a bit traumatizing.

Porkbolt did you fine a police report? Since the driver ran my guess is they had no insurance anyway..... or they were not suppose to be out in Daddy's truck. I'ld cruise the High School parking lots and other hang outs.... like HSchool Football Game Parking lots, Local bars, grocery stores etc. on occasion. Also local Autobody repair shops. Jog down plate numbers of trucks that have possible matching damage or repairs.

Does homeowners insurance cover the tractor? If so what if it is NOT on your property at the time like in this case.

Last edited:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
That's the rub...... it was a "Hit and Run". So no "insured" driver yet involved.
True, but if it's a halfway decent police force, it's a hard accident to run away from. I'm surprised the truck still ran at all.

I'm hoping he has insurance as well.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Glad you were both OK.

Sounds like time for a blanket party if you can find the other driver....

(GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR):mad:

How about an all "parts" bulletin with local dealers and junkyards to see if front end parts for that model get bought.

Man... that is really horrible.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Its unfortunate this unnecessary thing happened. Its fortunate neither of you were hurt. That driver will get whats coming to him, i hope.
Good luck , hope you find the guy.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
PorkBolt, did this happen recently? Don't know how big you town is, or how far you are from a major city, but I'd make sure the TV news channels were made aware of this. They may be able to get people talking and someone who heard the story from someone 'bragging" may turn up leads to solve it.

Glad you and your family are safe. Hearing firsthand how accidents happen make us aware of not taking thing for granted.

Welcome to Orange Tractor Talks.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I am glad to hear that you all came out of this without any serious injuries. I would alert all the local bodyshops about what happened. I would say the air bag deployed in the truck if it hit you that hard. I hope you find out who did this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Tractors are replaceable, people are not.

GLAD to hear that both of you are ok.

Jimc3165

Equipment
1982 B7100 HST-D
Jul 22, 2015
CLEVELAND, GA
Pork Bolt glad all are OK. This hit a little close to home because I ride my grandson on mine. We don't usually go out on the road though so maybe will be OK.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Glad you and yours are all right. As others have said, get the news on your side, get pictures put up on local TV stations and you may find the driver. I had someone get stuck on the side of the road out front, this spring, buried a 1 ton dodge 4WD on our ground, luckily I am on good terms, with most neighbors, 2 called me on my cell, so I went down, took pictures, got driver's name and ins co, tag # etc, sent in pics and 2 estimates, Got paid $975 for 2 hrs work to smooth it out. I gave the driver the option of doing the work himself (local kid), but he said go through the ins co. Around here you can count yourself lucky, if they don't hit you when you are working on the SIDE of the road...:D

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
HOLY!!! So glad you are both OK. That is unreal!!

I can't believe how stupid and heartless some people are now. I can see the one that hit you taking off, probably drunk, but for a second vehicle to leave you both? That's just sickening.

I drive truck and remember the days of everyone stopping on the road to help each other. But from what I have been seeing in the news lately you almost can't do that anymore......truckers stopping to help people and getting beaten, shot, robbed.
Society is going down the crapper.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Drunk? Maybe, or cell phone in use.
In the past it made since to assume Drunk. These days it's more often an Illegal Alien with out a licences or insurance or like you said cell phone. With two in a row I'd guess Illegals.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
PorkBolt, glad to hear that you are both safe! I would hope that your insurance will pay for the replace/repair of your tractor if the police can't find the person that ran into you. Keep us up to date on what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
All:

Thank you so much for your prayers, guidance, and advice! As of today we are making some headway to determine the party at fault.

I will keep you posted.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Glad you and your daughter are ok. With all the wreckage pieces they may id the vehicle yet. If stolen you may be out of luck but lets keep fingers crossed they find the driver and some insurance. Gotta wonder if one was chasing the other.

Pcola

Equipment
B2601
Jul 4, 2015
Cantonment Florida
Glad y'all are okay I work in an area of town where there are allot of stolen cars driven Around as well as drug use. I am a supervisor we have several guys that drive lawn mowers and tractors around our facilities. I worry about that all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.