EA 6% off sale till August 15, 2022

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
im sorry but this 3rd function looks like a total aftermarket hack

Ha! I thought the same thing when I watched the videos this morning. And then I noticed that the rear LED lights don't appear to fit the tractor. They're oddly oversized and as ugly as I've seen.

The Ag trailer receptacle is odd too. What, you're going to be pulling a trailer on the road with this thing?

And I'm still shaking my head at the complete lack of pricing information. Courtney talks about all the standard features that are expensive add ons with other brands, but that's meaningless if no pricing information is given. Then you have to figure in rebates, financing rates and more.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious was I, went to summit tractor website...
TX25H & LX85 Loader - $18,999
EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A COMPACT TRACTOR

24.7 HP Mitsubishi Diesel Engine
18 PTO HP, Rear 540 RPM, Mid 2100 RPM
Hydrostatic Transmission
Rear Hydraulic Remotes
Cruise Control
4WD With Differential Lock
RimGuard™ Liquid Tire Ballast Rear Tires
3rd Function Diverter Valve
Self-Leveling Loader

I haven't read the whole shebang but.....sounds nice.

And Yes, I pull a 'trailer' with my BX23S down the road ! Actually it's a Millcreek 25G spreader so it would be nice to have a premade OEM trailer connector(should be blade not pins though...)
Anyone who has used a selflevelling loader will appreciate this !!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
curious was I, went to summit tractor website...
TX25H & LX85 Loader - $18,999
That pricing is new then since there was no mention of price in Courtney's videos or on the website when the videos came out. Maybe the price wasn't decided at the time the videos were made. So $19k for what on the surface seems like a lot of stuff for that money. It'll be interesting to see where this all ends up.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Dammit! I might just have to use the 6% discount code on a set of 10 suitcase weights for the M6060. That's $1.19/lb delivered for 1,020lb of suitcase weights. If I buy from the place I bought the plow from the weights aren't going to fit, and it's very unlikely that I'll be able to find 10 matching weights, and there's fuel cost to figure in. Yeah, EA for the win again!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Competition is good for the consumer so long as the quality is maintained (ideally improves).

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The summit is essentially a B2601 😴💤. At $19k far from a bargain. A B2601, with Ktac, 3rd function, and double rear valves can be had from any local dealer for about 21k (or less). I'll take kubota name, service counter, and parts availability every time over "saving" $2k buying an Indian dark green tractor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The summit is essentially a B2601 😴💤. At $19k far from a bargain. A B2601, with Ktac, 3rd function, and double rear valves can be had from any local dealer for about 21k (or less). I'll take kubota name, service counter, and parts availability every time over "saving" $2k buying an Indian dark green tractor.
110% in agreement with that. There's a significant risk for potential customers buying these new tractors. Without any track record for reliability, parts, service, etc., it's a crap shoot. If I have a problem with a Kubota product I can drop it off to the dealer down the road. What would I do with a Summit? Take it to Home Depot and drop it off in the hope that they'll ship it to a repair center?

Cabelas offered TYM built but Cabelas branded tractors from 2013 to 2016 but were plagued with issues, product support being the major one according to the manager at the local Kubota dealership. That didn't work out well for Cabelas or those that bought the tractors.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
or worse, and more likely, Home Depot sends it off to a 3rd party logistics operator like XPO or some nonsense, what a nightmare that would be.

and the thing isn't even a true 3rd function, it's a diverter valve! Self leveling, this could be a drawback as it often detracts from rollback angle. It's not dual rear remote, it's single. So you're still on the hook for the next valve set (if it's even possible to fit). Mid PTO like the B2601? Hard to get excited about a generic machine with some generic mods stuffed on before delivery that any end user, or brand retailer could do.

The seat does look a lot nicer than what Kubota offers, as does joystick placement.

I watched the first two Summit videos Courtney published, and like you said, he doesn't really say the relationship between him and ITL errrrr Summit

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: and the thing isn't even a true 3rd function, it's a diverter valve!

very few '3rd functions' are TRUE 3rd functions. The 'push button' ones are electrically operated solenoid valve that function as 'diverters',giving you the option of using 1 of 2 functions, not BOTH at the same time.

depending on your needs, self leveling is a GREAT feature. I designed/made one for another tractor as the normal loader setup was not suitable for the task.

• Dislike

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
errr no.

On the LX and B2601 I'm able to curl / dump and open / close simultaneously. Sure its not happening at a rapid rate, but it's not one or the other only like a diverter. Especially if you modulate joystick control carefully. Furthermore, I'm not constantly switching a valve 38 times every time I need to manipulate the loader and grapple. I hit the switch once when I hook up the grapple and use it. They are entirely different things.

Oh wait, do you have a 3rd function?

Self leveling, great for moving pallets, not hard to do manually, esp with how much fine multi-control Kubota allows on their joysticks.

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
On the LX and B2601 I was able to curl / dump and open / close simultaneously. Sure its not happening at a rapid rate but it's not one or the other like a diverter. Furthermore, im not constantly switching a valve 38 times every time I need to manipulate the loader and grapple. I hit the switch once when I hook up the grapple and use it. They are entirely different things.
My B2650 3rd function operates the same way. For my use, it was money well spent over just a diverter valve. I have a diverter valve that was already on the MF220 tractor that I aquired. It's always a nuisance!!
Not to mention aggravating, hateful, time consuming, inconvenient, hard to get at, annoying, a pain in the rear, .........the list goes on.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The summer is coming to an end, and inflation is driving up our prices along with everyone else's. Ted is saving you 6% to keep you and your machine going. Take advantage of the 6% sale on every purchase from EverythingAttachments.com for the next 6 days. Use the coupon code "6x6" to save today!

*sale ends at midnight on August 15th 2022
Winner! I got a $77.50 discount! :LOL:

I hadn't planned on ordering anything from EA this year, but having the M suitcase weight bracket turn up the way it did for a mere $156 had me looking at suitcase weights. Interestingly, the "equivalent" bracket that EA sells on their website for the 5014 weights costs $431.42! That's a lot of money for a simple steel bracket.

After some digging I confirmed that the Kubota front suitcase weight M8071 is the one I'd need for the M1875 bracket I bought the other day. I spoke with EA's supplier who also confirmed this and told me that weights should ship around the end of the month. You can see that the Kubota weight is branded and looks nicer, but the 5014 weight will work just the same and it's way cheaper than buying the Kubota weight. The EA weight doesn't have a "nipple" that locates in the holes in the Kubota bracket, but the piece of angle that slides through the weights will be more than enough the keep everything in place. I will need to figure out a way to install two of the weights since the bracket shown below accepts eight weights.

This set up will allow me to run the M6060 and the JD plow without the front loader this fall. Sweet!

bracket_1.jpg

m8071.jpg

5014.jpg

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I love my ea grapple. But like my tractor it sits most of the time.

Things have just become too expensive. I'm lucky enough to have an ancient box blade and a beat up bush hog. I want a land plane and a flail mower, but I'm not paying 7K for them. I'll make do with my crappy box and my toothbar, and run the mower until it won't run any more.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The EA weight doesn't have a "nipple" that locates in the holes in the Kubota bracket, but the piece of angle that slides through the weights will be more than enough the keep everything in place.
Could you drill and install a bolt to replace the nipple?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Could you drill and install a bolt to replace the nipple?
The nipple is there to limit side to side movement I imagine, but I don't see why it's necessary. Worst case, I'll make up something to slide in between two weights to take up any extra room. A piece of plate that can slide onto the angle would work great.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Since we're talking about the Summit tractor and Good Works Tractor Co. in this thread, I will say that Courtney did a good job today of explaining his connection with and interest in Summit. I thought that his comment re being contacted by John Deere's legal department twice was interesting. He was transparent today and I respected and understood his comment about feeling appreciated. We all have egos, and if we care about something, and Courtney clearly cares about tractors and implements, it's a good feeling when someone respects and values our thoughts and opinions. Courtney has said many times on his channel that he's not an expert, but I like that he's not afraid to fail or learn in front of others.

I'm not going to buy a Summit now or ever, but the sales model is certainly very "modern". So many companies are moving away from the brick and mortar sales approach to internet only for sales, information and support. Startups are going straight to internet only. I just don't know if this is going to work for something as complex as a tractor. Implements are simple, tractors aren't. Time will tell.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It ma
Since we're talking about the Summit tractor and Good Works Tractor Co. in this thread, I will say that Courtney did a good job today of explaining his connection with and interest in Summit. I thought that his comment re being contacted by John Deere's legal department twice was interesting. He was transparent today and I respected and understood his comment about feeling appreciated. We all have egos, and if we care about something, and Courtney clearly cares about tractors and implements, it's a good feeling when someone respects and values our thoughts and opinions. Courtney has said many times on his channel that he's not an expert, but I like that he's not afraid to fail or learn in front of others.

I'm not going to buy a Summit now or ever, but the sales model is certainly very "modern". So many companies are moving away from the brick and mortar sales approach to internet only for sales, information and support. Startups are going straight to internet only. I just don't know if this is going to work for something as complex as a tractor. Implements are simple, tractors aren't. Time will tell.

It may not work so well for items that are not disposable…or at least most tractor buyers do not see the tractors as disposable. Tractors and the owners are a little unique…most would want to see and touch something before buying and there is also an aspect of after sale service needs….sure it came be overcome but there is an urgency expectation that is hard to avoid without local staff. Last thing I would want to do is a rent a tractor while mine is waiting for service.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Finally, got a chance to watch the latest Summit advertisement from Good Works Tractor. The only thing that stood out to me was I did not know that Yanmar had a 30% stake in ITL. There is no disputing Yanmar builds an incredibly dependable engine, big shared interest there.

I've been to India (a lot), I've seen how they make stuff in India, I don't want a tractor I'm working, even a little bit, from India. Clothing and rugs, sure, tractor, no.

This latest video from Courtney, to me it just seemed like a 'hard sell' from him.

I can empathize however with his dealings regarding Deere, it's unfortunate these huge companies can't embrace the little guy who has all good intentions. Essentially ***ts on them, and runs them off to a foreign competitor. It's not cool.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This latest video from Courtney, to me it just seemed like a 'hard sell' from him.
I can't fault Courtney for trying to make a living to support his family. He's not doing anything criminal or unethical or hurting anyone? In some ways I envy him in that he's able to make a living working with tractors and implements, something that is one of my (and the members here) main hobbies or interests. He's reviewed John Deere and Kubota products on his channel, and speaks highly of the M4 that he bought with his own money, and those reviews come across as being an honest assesment of those tractors.

Obviously he hasn't gone into how he's benefiting by promoting the TX25 but clearly this is a business move for him. Perhaps it's a free tractor, maybe it's a % of every tractor sold, maybe it's based on how many minutes he features the tractor on his channel, who knows. Regardless, the bottom line is that it's in his best interest that Summit and the TX25 are successful. He's no different from the sales manager or sales staff at the local Kubota dealership who have a vested interest in promoting Kubota products and who clearly aren't objective. This is a shift for the channel where part of the appeal for me was the unbiased reviews and "how to's". Now he's essentially a Summit employee.

I did notice that he doesn't push Borla wheel spacers any more. Perhaps they no longer sponsor his channel. I could care less since I have no interest in wheel spacers.

Courtney says this in his latest video:

"I've recently kind of stepped back from selling used tractors for the most part, and this is kind of a natural fit, and is something that I wanted to get into, not necessarily with Summit but just kind of in the new tractor lineup in a way for a long time, and the way that this just worked out, it made a lot of sense."

I can see why Summit picked Good Works Tractor Co. and Courtney in particular. I think it's a good fit for Summit too.

And I will reiterate that I would never buy a Summit tractor. My loyalty to Kubota based on four tractors, a generator, numerous implements, the value for money, the knowledge of the local dealership, the service, the reliability, the quality and the pleasure of ownership is just too positive for any other company to compete with.

Last edited:

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
I enjoyed GWT channel more when he was selling nice clean used tractors or working on projects. I'm not to interested in the Summit infomercial...