Neils video today hits on re-branded tractors in several ways

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I watched that too. His video was likely inspired in part by the Summit launch and it's hard to argue with what he said. I laughed at his suggestion to use Google Maps streetview to check out a business. I was doing that very thing on this forum a few months ago looking into such companies as Tar River, Titan Attachments and others.

Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to buy a KOBOTA zero turn mower? And then take it to a Kubota dealership when you have problems. Kubota should go after these scumbags for infringement of their Design Patent.

• Haha

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to buy a KOBOTA zero turn mower?

Not everyone has English as their native language
I have a neighbour that DID buy a KUBOTA yet he spells it KABOTA...
One of those 'gets lost in translation' things.

I deal with 'foreign language to English 'conversion daily while helping others program PIC microcontrollers, so not a stranger to mispelled words.

Reminds me of the radio station that was giving away a free toy-yoda... winner wondered where HER new CAR was !

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not everyone has English as their native language
Japanese isn't my native language either, but I can tell the difference between Kubota, Kobota and Kabota. :ROFLMAO: Now, would I know if 株式会社クボタ represented Kubota, Kobota or Kabota ... probably not, since I can't read or write Kanji.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Plenty of people on here (a Kubota forum) who spell Kubota wrong. Why would Joe average, particularly Joe average who isn't great at spelling, and not the kind of person who visits a Kubota forum, know how it's supposed to be spelled? To me it's somewhat predatory to sell a machine like that, but I guess there's no law against it.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Plenty of people on here (a Kubota forum) who spell Kubota wrong. Why would Joe average, particularly Joe average who isn't great at spelling, and not the kind of person who visits a Kubota forum, know how it's supposed to be spelled? To me it's somewhat predatory to sell a machine like that, but I guess there's no law against it.
There's a big difference between spelling Kubota wrong on a forum and handing over a few thousand dollars for something called a Kobota!

And there is a law against design infringement if a company has a design patent, not necessarily an invention patent. You can't legally sell something that is made to look like another product if the intent is to defraud the buyer into believing that they're buying the original product. Many companies have sued and won over this very thing.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
sorry i cant stop lol

do you think Courtney is going to take down this video?

(start at 12:42) :ROFLMAO:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
sorry i cant stop lol

do you think Courtney is going to take down this video?
In fairness to Courtney, a big aspect of his business at that time was buying and selling used tractors, so it made sense to highlight the fact that some models hold their value very well, particularly the ones he was selling.

He moved away from the used tractor market about a year ago focusing on implements and accessories. I bought a flail mower from him as I've mentioned on this forum and am very pleased with it. Incidentally, the rod should be shipping out soon. But as we now know, he's connected with Summit in some way, and it's his job to push that brand. Very few sales people are going to talk about the downsides of buying their products so I wouldn't expect him to talk about resale value, or go into much detail about potential service issues. There's nothing unusual about that but we'll see if he ever points out a weakness or issue with the tractor as he's done with some of the implements that he sells. It's possible that he contractually can't be as "free" as he is with the implements that he sells. He might need approval before he releases a video featuring the tractor. All speculation on my part.

I'll still watch his channel, but my interest will be the implements that he sells and the projects that he works on.

Last edited:

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
EA is sending me emails about tillers being discounted and in stock. Of course...who's going to want a tiller in the fall...

About GoodWorksTractor... I've watched some of his videos and the guy is 100% sales talk. Pure and simple, he makes videos to help his bottom line. Like mentioned, he used to sell used tractor and claimed to only buy John Deere/ Kubota for resale value...which is a true point, but also perhaps another reason is they are popular brands and he could accurately estimate how much profit he'd get buying low and selling high, which might be difficult for other brands. Now that he doesn't do that anymore (perhaps due to lack of being able to get a nice profit out of it in these times), he thinks he can make more money from selling a new brand, despite previously saying that was a horrible idea. In short...he is just making videos to make money and while some of the content can be helpful to someone, I can see through the BS.

Code

Equipment
l3301, fel, lp boxblade, 12" lp auger, lp bush hog, z421 zt, lawnvac leaf vac
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
Totally agree. Mildly informative before. Now its just an ad channel. Already unsuscribed

I'm glad you said that. Courtney is rapidly losing credibility and has become nothing more than an "influencer" for the Summit tractor. Clearly Summit is sponsoring him in some way since he only sells implements and accessories. I like the episodes where he demonstrates the implements he sells behind the M4 or 1025 or whatever, but pushing the Summit tractor from India is annoying.

He keeps making the point that Summit tractors come with all of these features "standard". But without knowing pricing it's meaningless. Also, after purchase support is going to be lacking to put it mildly. I would never buy a Summit at any price, but the lack of transparency with this new product is telling.

I watch a lot of YouTube channels that feature farming, but once they have an agenda of pushing crap that they have no connection to just to make money I unsubscribe and stop watching that channel. I expect full transparency too. If they use a tractor that's been given to them they'd better let the viewers know or else they're just another paid "influencer".

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
EA is sending me emails about tillers being discounted and in stock. Of course...who's going to want a tiller in the fall...

About GoodWorksTractor... I've watched some of his videos and the guy is 100% sales talk. Pure and simple, he makes videos to help his bottom line. Like mentioned, he used to sell used tractor and claimed to only buy John Deere/ Kubota for resale value...which is a true point, but also perhaps another reason is they are popular brands and he could accurately estimate how much profit he'd get buying low and selling high, which might be difficult for other brands. Now that he doesn't do that anymore (perhaps due to lack of being able to get a nice profit out of it in these times), he thinks he can make more money from selling a new brand, despite previously saying that was a horrible idea. In short...he is just making videos to make money and while some of the content can be helpful to someone, I can see through the BS.
In one of the recent GWT videos where he talks about the summit tractor he states why he stopped selling used machines, mainly because with the short supply and high prices, there is no money in it anymore. He also uses this as rationale for supporting this new tractor brand (wondering what kind of stake he has in that company?) and switching to only selling implements.

Between the YouTube channel money and what he sells from implements he must be doing alright (or is in a lot of debt) because he has bought a lot of property it seems recently.