Do they make a larger pedal for locking rear end

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
My 1880 has this small pedal to engage the rear axel lock. Sometimes it’s a bitch to get my heel to press it down. Does anyone make a larger one?

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The bx can stay engaged? Most are springed to release, would be pretty rough on your ground (and the tractor if you are in hard surfaces) leaving it engaged

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I cheated, just installed 2 cable clamps on the pedal with a short piece of angle bolted between them. I think it cost about $5 and I built it at work.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My 1880 has this small pedal to engage the rear axel lock. Sometimes it’s a bitch to get my heel to press it down. Does anyone make a larger one?
Check with: specialtyrepairscustommods.com.
I think they make what you are looking for.
Great husband/wife team, making great products for our Kubotas.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
The bx can stay engaged? Most are springed to release, would be pretty rough on your ground (and the tractor if you are in hard surfaces) leaving it engaged
Look at the picture. Has a slot to slide it in to keep it engaged. Never used it yet. May lock it in when snow plow duties start.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Look at the picture. Has a slot to slide it in to keep it engaged. Never used it yet. May lock it in when snow plow duties start.
Are you sure that slot is not there to facilitate the floor pan sheet metal installation and removal and not a way of locking the pedal?

Edited, Fordtech86 beat me to it, sorry for the redundancy .

Reactions: 1 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Just looked at the manual. Doesn’t state anything about that slot. But, a warning about releasing it before turning so guess that’s not what I thought it was. Thanks for questioning it. Now I know.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
In 45 years of tractoring in one capacity or another, I've only used the rear diff lock when I got the tractor stuck.
I use the individual rear brake pedals instead. You have more control. Just sayin. You can turn on a dime too.

Reactions: 3 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
In 45 years of tractoring in one capacity or another, I've only used the rear diff lock when I got the tractor stuck.
I use the individual rear brake pedals instead. You have more control. Just sayin. You can turn on a dime too.
I've buried my tractor to a point the locking diff did nothing to help. I used the FEL and BH to get out.

I buried it another time, when having the box blade back there. The FEL (curl) pushed me out.

Still, the larger pad-type is superior to what's on my BX23s, and my heel is not wearing the paint off from the pan. I see it as a good thing to have.

Would I buy it? Probably not.
Would I make one? Yes.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have way more time than money, so I made my own. View attachment 113782 View attachment 113783 View attachment 113784
Since you have more time than money, may I suggest that you consider making a half dozen of these pedals and advertise them for sale? You have a captive audience and a ready market for the product. Anyone who can build a better mouse trap will have hordes of people coming to them for purchase. If material costs are an issue, I will offer to be a junior partner in the project to get it off the ground. I am ready to buy your first one for sale!
Dusty

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I've buried my tractor to a point the locking diff did nothing to help. I used the FEL and BH to get out.

I buried it another time, when having the box blade back there. The FEL (curl) pushed me out.

Still, the larger pad-type is superior to what's on my BX23s, and my heel is not wearing the paint off from the pan. I see it as a good thing to have.

Would I buy it? Probably not.
Would I make one? Yes.
My point is that there are better ways to gain traction. Easier ways. Individual brakes.

Respectfully, Digging yourself out with the loader and or BH is as common as dirt. We've all had to do that.

But, If one is wearing the paint off of the floor pan because thier heel is on the diff lock pedal all the time, there are other issues:
Either the tractor is regularly driven places it shouldn't be.
Or the tractor is abused. Mud bogger, etc.
Or the tractor is too small with not enuf ground clearance for the owners regular use. Abuse.
Or the operator isn't experienced with individual brakes and alway bangs on the diff lock in any traction loss situation.
Or the rippers are too deep.
Or the operator just doesn"t know wtf they are doing and live on the diff lock pedal.
There are many reasons.

A bigger pedal on your emergency pedal, (diff lock), sure. Do it. Go ahead. But it's a last ditch tool. It's small for a reason.