discontinued models

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I know the B7800 has been discontinued and replaced with the B3200. Has the B3030 been discontinued? and if so replaced with what?
I honestly don't know how anybody can keep up with Kubotas numbering system. It confuses the shit out of me.

Scott

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The 2630 and the 3030 are still list from what I see. Sometimes their web sight is behind though. I saw one of the M 126 X crawler tractors at the Sunbelt Ag Expo in 08 and that machine hasn't been listed on the web sight but just a few months. I don't know how many of you guys have had the opertunity to go to this but it's amazing. 1760 total acres and the exibits take up 600 acres. Live field demos on every type of hay product that you can think of. Cutting ground, planting, cultivating, harvesting and grade work. They have shuttle trailers that run all day thru the demo area. The last 3 yrs I went they all were being pulled by Kubotas. It was a beautiful site. Every equipment manufacturer you can think of is there but nobody can touch the Kubota lay out. A black long nose Peterbuilt with a matching black air conditioned demo trailer. The only a/c display area on the entire place. And then in front of that is a sea of new shiny orange. 3 days of tractor heaven on earth and if that's not enough. Everything down there can be bought at dealer cost because they don't really want to move it back to where they brought it from. It's the only place I can think of that I don't mind the 6 hr drive to get there.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Bulldog,
Do you know if there are any of those tractor expos further out west?

Scott

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Bulldog,
Do you know if there are any of those tractor expos further out west?

Scott
World of Ag Expo in Tulare, CA is one of the ones that I have found. I just put "Ag Expo" in my google search and it pulled up quite a few. Try the North American Farm Show Council. I didn't try putting that in, I went to the Sunbelt Ag Expo site and made it to it via link from their site. I'm sure they have a web site though. It lists places all over the US and Can. I hope this will help you out. If you have never been to one I would highly recomend it. At the Sun Belt it is unbelievable. Even my wife enjoyed it although I haved really turned her into a great little helper. I'll put it like this. The last Expo we went to she got upset at me for buying a trailer. The reason had nothing to do with the purchase itself. She wanted me to buy her a new V-Rake. I'll pass this advise along, be ready to walk for a while. We were at Sunbelt for 3 days and still didn't see all of it. My feet hurt for a week.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Bulldog,
Thank you very much for taking the time to research that for me. The town you mentioned, Tulare, is only about a 3 hour drive north of me. I even have family in Bakersfield and that cuts it down to one hour :D

I have seen members posting the tractor shows on here and it looks like the greatest candy store in the world. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction and now I know how to find one.

My kids will have a blast when we find our way to the orange heaven on earth :D

Scott

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Traildust,
You are more than welcome. I haven't been a member of OTT very long but I can tell already that it's a great place to be. I guess it's just a big Orange family and the more we can help each other the better the site will be for us all.
I let my son stay out of school for the Sunbelt Expo when we get to go to it. I think getting a chance to learn about farming and farm equipment is important for our next generation. Most kids today don't have a clue where food comes from. All they know is they go to the store and pick it up off the shelf. They don't have a clue how it got there. The best memories I have are from my farming days as a child with my dad. I hope you get a chance to go to a show and it will be as good as the one we have here.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
You are correct, the OTT is genuinely one of a kind. Mr. K and Vic created a really great atmosphere.

I believe you did the right thing by taking the kids out of school to attend the ag expo. Personally I don't think anybody would deny that.

I checked the dates for the expo in Tulare....I just missed it :(

The dates were Feb 8 - 10, guess it's gonna give me someting to look forward to next year. Although I'm generally an impatient person when it comes to stuff like this and it's gonna kill me.

Scott

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I understand what you mean about the wait. If you think it's bad now just think how bad it will be about a month before it's time for it. Talk about chomping at the bit. It just about drove me crazy. I thought my son was going to rip my last nerve out and dance a jig on it. The look on his face when he first laid eyes on the place for the first time was priceless though. Talk about a jaw dropper. That was the most equipment he had ever seen before and getting to climb on everything was icing on the cake.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm not allowd to climb all over equipment at shows. I'm told I fondle the steering wheel and leave a sticky residue behind in the seat.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
No need for Enzyte at this place. All the guys looked like smiling bob and by the third day all the women looked like they had been riding a horse.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Cat has a pretty impressive line up of ag equipment. They were in partnership with Claas also but they dropped that line about 2 or 3 yrs back. That's where Cat came up with the Lexion combine line from.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Thats what the judge kept tryin to tell me. I said no its the tractors is what does it for me. NOBODY believes me!!!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It's the kids that make it all worth it, and more :)

Scott
I think farming and a little hard work is good for a kid. As bad as the world is now they need something possitive in their life. Being around farm animals and tractors sure is alot better for them than the animals out on the street.

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
I think farming and a little hard work is good for a kid. As bad as the world is now they need something possitive in their life. Being around farm animals and tractors sure is alot better for them than the animals out on the street.
2nd that.....!!!!!! And the Farmers Daughters!!!!!! Dam fun.:D:D:D:D:D