Disappointed in Messicks

BobInOK

Jun 3, 2019
Catoosa, OK
Neither Messick's or Colemans offers Priority mail as a shipping option which is sad. Priority flat rate boxes are free for the asking and the small one costs around $8.00 anywhere in the country which includes somewhat/sorta package tracking.

I really do not understand why they couldn't simply drop small parts/orders into a flat rate box and hand it to the mail person when he/she delivers the mail.

I have went to eBay rather than place orders to the above simply because I knew the shipping would be outrageous.

On the positive side Messick's has always taken care of me when something didn't go quite as expected. Usually sending a replacement on their nickel.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
This thread is a bad rap for a good dealer. It’s not like they didn’t deliver a good or screw it up. Because they have a shipping policy that starts out at a higher rate than you would like is not a reason to bash a dealer. It’s not free to have an employee spend extra time figuring out what is the cheapest shipping vendor, stand there and assemble boxes and so on. If you don’t like the price someone charges, move on to another and make yourself happy.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Neither Messick's or Colemans offers Priority mail as a shipping option which is sad. Priority flat rate boxes are free for the asking and the small one costs around $8.00 anywhere in the country which includes somewhat/sorta package tracking.

I really do not understand why they couldn't simply drop small parts/orders into a flat rate box and hand it to the mail person when he/she delivers the mail.

I have went to eBay rather than place orders to the above simply because I knew the shipping would be outrageous.

On the positive side Messick's has always taken care of me when something didn't go quite as expected. Usually sending a replacement on their nickel.
USPS small flat rate box is $7.90 with tracking, insured for 50 bucks (yes, I collected on the insurance before) and good anywhere in the Con US and US holdings plus military.

Like I said a while ago, I ordered my filters fir my M's one time from them and the sent the wrong suction filters. Nice of my local dealer to exchange them for the correct ones.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
This thread is a bad rap for a good dealer. It’s not like they didn’t deliver a good or screw it up. Because they have a shipping policy that starts out at a higher rate than you would like is not a reason to bash a dealer. It’s not free to have an employee spend extra time figuring out what is the cheapest shipping vendor, stand there and assemble boxes and so on. If you don’t like the price someone charges, move on to another and make yourself happy.
I don't think so but you are entitled to your opinion. Likewise I'm entitled to mine.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Another made up flipper post

Last edited:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Messick's has always treated us pretty well, and I always get a kick out of how cheap people are when buying stuff for a machine that they dumped thousands into purchasing without batting an eye. :rolleyes:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Messick's has always treated us pretty well, and I always get a kick out of how cheap people are when buying stuff for a machine that they dumped thousands into purchasing without batting an eye. :rolleyes:
Welcome the the automotive business lol

jkwilson

Equipment
M8560
Sep 9, 2016
SW Indiana
It’s a bad rap because they are overcharging for shipping as a way to make more money. Same trick people use on eBay. $15 in shipping when the product can easily be shipped for $4 or $8 for Priority is nothing more than a rip-off. I’ve easily bought $1000 in parts from them the last year and this is the first time they’ve tried this scam.

And by the way, I contacted them via web 3 days ago to ask about shipping and still no response. The reason I used the word disappointed is because I have come to expect good service from them.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
It’s a bad rap because they are overcharging for shipping as a way to make more money. Same trick people use on eBay. $15 in shipping when the product can easily be shipped for $4 or $8 for Priority is nothing more than a rip-off. I’ve easily bought $1000 in parts from them the last year and this is the first time they’ve tried this scam.

And by the way, I contacted them via web 3 days ago to ask about shipping and still no response. The reason I used the word disappointed is because I have come to expect good service from them.
How much does it cost in time/fuel/wear and tear on your vehicle to go to your local kubota dealer and back? If less than $15, why not go get your parts that way? If more than $15 why are you complaining about how Messicks does business, they are saving you money.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Living 5 minutes from Messick's means picking up things at the store. When I stop in it sometimes looks like the people at the counter are doing a telethon with the orders coming in. They take time and do a thorough job of serving both walk-ins and customers who phone in.

They have competitive prices on the parts and maintenance items and are always helpful. A few times the guys at the counter have asked their mechanics to provide some details for me when I asked a question.

I was shopping for a used cab tractor last year and spoke with one of their salesmen and asked what they may have coming in. He said there wasn't anything in the works that he knew of, but to watch their website, Craigslist etc.

When I found the L4240 on Craigslist I ended up buying I had been reading about a hydraulic seal problem with the 40 series and was concerned. When I stopped at Messick's to pick up a pair of tracks for the mini hoe at work, I asked about the seal problem on the 40 series. Short story is I ended up speaking to a knowledgeable guy who went into the computer (I had S//N) and he said it looked like the seal was replaced at 73 hours. He looked at the pictures I had and said it appears the tractor hasn't been reconditioned because of the placement and condition of some stickers.

I have nothing but good to say about Messick's, and that sentiment seems to be shared by the rest of the "locals" I know.

With regard to the shipping costs, it's a choice the customer makes. It's common to find a widget one place for $15 and $0 shipping, and $10 and $5 shipping at another. There are a few things I get from Uline. The prices aren't great. The shipping charges are terribly high. I do get the stuff next day though.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
My local dealer will pass on the shipping charges if they have to order in a part for me. I have the relationship built up now to where they will either hold my order for a few days attach it to one they have in hand that gets them the free shipping and pass the savings on to me.

Shipping is all about the volume i.e. how much you spend with a shipper per month. At my work, we do an insane amount with FedEx. The plus side for me is I can use that power for personal shipments. Shipped a 10lb box of stuff to my son in Boston, 2 day delivery and it was 6 bucks. Overnight letters to him are around a dollar.

I do avoid using the USPS for shipping and will pay extra to get UPS or Fed delivery. USPS will not bring to the door if large and is extremely slow in my area. You will see on the tracking where UPS gets the package to the main facility in a day and then it takes USPS a week or more to get it out to me.

But I digress. Feel better, but digress. I've ordered a few things from Messicks and a place down in Ga. Both have provided good service and value. I wouldn't hesitate using them again if needed.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I have learned a lesson here with Messicks myself.

I commend them for their customer service, when you call, you get a very helpful person 100% of the time, and that means a lot. All the in stock orders ive placed, and ive placed at least a dozen in the last 4 weeks, for several hundred dollars worth of parts, they all arrive the next day on my door step for a very reasonable shipping fee, usually less than $20. I do live pretty close to them.

Having said that, I will never order a item they dont stock again, through them. Next time I will use my local dealer for any item that needs to come directly from kubota special order.

I ordered a driveshaft from them nearly TWO weeks ago, the thing still has not shipped. I call nearly every day and am told "maybe its here", then "it should go out tomorrow", yet it sits in limbo and no one ever knows exactly. I am so frustrated with this one particular order, part, it is holding up my entire build.

I think if its a bulky, or special order, use your dealer. For anything else, Messicks.

sorry had to vent.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Bottom line here is....

Support your local dealer if possible. he depends on you (the customer) do stay in business.

I know I do (support my local dealer).

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
No brainier for me. Local dealer is close. If less than $300. happy to pay extra few $$ for perks of face to face service.

As order $$ increases I go online to Lawneq (Bahrns Equipment). Best prices, actual shipping $ on order by order basis, personal service and fast.
eBay on used or old stock items where new OEM isn't important.

For some reason Messick's doesn't seem as competively priced.