Daily Chuckle

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That's not even a little bit funny. That's the sad reality of today. :(
I had a conversation with my daughter once with similar context.

I told her she really needed to stop and think about what she's saying 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

RDinNHandAZ

Equipment
Kubota BX1870, FEL, BX5450 Snowblower, back blade, customized snow cab
Stopped at the deli counter and asked for 3/4 pounds of Black Forest ham sliced thin. The teenaged employee measured out close to .34 pounds! I told her that wasn’t 3/4 pound and she rolled her eyes and said “It isn’t possible to get it exact and it was as close as she could do". I decided I didn’t have time to teach a math lesson so I said “Give me another package just like the first one and going over a few slices was ok”.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Stopped at the deli counter and asked for 3/4 pounds of Black Forest ham sliced thin. The teenaged employee measured out close to .34 pounds! I told her that wasn’t 3/4 pound and she rolled her eyes and said “It isn’t possible to get it exact and it was as close as she could do". I decided I didn’t have time to teach a math lesson so I said “Give me another package just like the first one and going over a few slices was ok”.
The stores and manufacturers must count on customers' lack of ability to do arithmetic. Today I stood in the store doing the math in my head at least twice saying surely that can't be right... the price per pod of those individual pods you put in the dishwasher was greater if you bought the package holding 16 than if you bought the bigger package with 43 in it. Basically the bigger box that they came in costs an extra couple of bucks. Some stores do the arithmetic for you and put it on the store tag in teeny tiny print, but not this one.

Reactions: 1 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The stores and manufacturers must count on customers' lack of ability to do arithmetic. Today I stood in the store doing the math in my head at least twice saying surely that can't be right... the price per pod of those individual pods you put in the dishwasher was greater if you bought the package holding 16 than if you bought the bigger package with 43 in it. Basically the bigger box that they came in costs an extra couple of bucks. Some stores do the arithmetic for you and put it on the store tag in teeny tiny print, but not this one.
The fast food restaurants don't even have prices on the cash registers any more. They have pictures of the food Item you order. No math necessary. If you really want to confuse someone try giving the teller $5.25 for a $4.25 order and asking for a dollar back. Unless you have a senior (older person) taking your order they just don't get it. Really!

Reactions: 1 user