Daily Chuckle

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ours wasn’t much different in the 60’s.
I chipped a tooth and got some bruised ribs from the one on the playground at my elementary school in the early 80's. Just got the crown replaced a few years ago 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Also had the different sized wooden posts sticking out of the ground in a curly cue made out of telephone poles that you could run up. Got some pretty decent infections from the splinters 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

They pulled it all down in the lste 80's and installed one of those fancy wooden ones with the sanded and polished surfaces so the sissies wouldn't get hurt.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour."
SON: "Oh! (With his head down).
SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow $50?"
The father was furious.
DAD: "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior."
The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.
The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:
Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $ 50 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.
DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"
SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $50 you asked for."
The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"
Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.
The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.
The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.
DAD: "Why do you want more money if you already have some?"
SON: "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do.
"Daddy, I have $100 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I want to play with you."
The father was crushed.
He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.
It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life.
We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Which is exactly why they are sissies.
My SILs are all from that later era and I dare you to call any of them sissies to their face. The cop would laugh and walk away while the other two may have a much more adverse reaction.
The one that spent far too much time in the f'ing desert fighting the bad guys is far from the sissie type.
Two out of three daughters from that time period have CCPs and take crap from no one. Well, they still have to take crap from me because that is the rule.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I chipped a tooth and got some bruised ribs from the one on the playground at my elementary school in the early 80's. Just got the crown replaced a few years ago 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Also had the different sized wooden posts sticking out of the ground in a curly cue made out of telephone poles that you could run up. Got some pretty decent infections from the splinters 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

They pulled it all down in the lste 80's and installed one of those fancy wooden ones with the sanded and polished surfaces so the sissies wouldn't get hurt.
I grew up in a children’s home (aka orphanage, though I really wasn’t an orphan). We had 3 swing sets, a 10 footer, a 15 footer, and a 30 footer. The 30 footer had a 4 inch pipe for a cross beam, i.e. plenty large for 10 year old feet. If I got in the mood to razz up one of the house mothers, I’d climb the support legs and walk the cross beam until someone tattled on me, at which point it was up to me to decide how much pain I was willing to endure when I came back down, but I knew I better not push it to the point of them calling the fire department.
We also had two slides, a 12 footer and a 30 footer. The 30 footer had a stainless steel surface, and we figured out that it was much faster if we used the spent milk cartons from the kitchen to wwax it up, much the inverse reason for waxing a surf board. We’d get it really fast, and wait for the inevitable big boy wannabes to go for the ride of their life, literally. There were a lot broken bones attributed to that slide.

Then, there was the Pyramid monkey bars, fromwhich we’d hang upside down by our knees to try toimpress the girls in the home. Did I mention that too was 30 feet tall?

Back then, kids learned, or they didn’t. Every day was an adventure in the pursuit of the proof of Darwin’s Theory of Selectivity.

Reactions: 2 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
My SILs are all from that later era and I dare you to call any of them sissies to their face. The cop would laugh and walk away while the other two may have a much more adverse reaction.
The one that spent far too much time in the f'ing desert fighting the bad guys is far from the sissie type.
Two out of three daughters from that time period have CCPs and take crap from no one. Well, they still have to take crap from me because that is the rule.

Oh, I get it. You are unable to comprehend the difference between a general comment, which normal people understand to NOT be intended to be universal, and a specific attack on your particular relatives.

Got it.

Reactions: 2 users