D722 complete engine rebuild

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hello. I just bought a d722 kubota and pulled the oil pan off and found out the rod cap was loose and the bearing got mangled. Needs rebuilt. The rings are shot. Any ideas on where I can get a good rebuild kit for it? The crank also has grooves in it from the bearing getting mangled.
Most recent response on this thread was 8 years ago !
Good luck.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Not difficult to find a kit if you know how to use Google. Search for Kubota D722 rebuild kit and a whole lot of choices will pop up. You will need to know what parts you are going to need to purchase the correct kit to have all the parts that you are going to need.

Nutmeg

Equipment
Kubota D722
Mar 10, 2023
Pa
Not difficult to find a kit if you know how to use Google. Search for Kubota D722 rebuild kit and a whole lot of choices will pop up. You will need to know what parts you are going to need to purchase the correct kit to have all the parts that you are going to need.
Thanks but I know that. Lol. But I never rebuilt a diesel. I need to know where I can get a good rebuild kit. Not a Chinese thing. Thanks in advance! Idk what rebuild kits are good for kubota

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Most recent response on this thread was 8 years ago !
Good luck.
His question is fairly generic, so it doesn't matter how old the tread it. Unfortunately, people that are new to the forums never want to start a new thread and they drag up old posts thinking that the original poster is still active. Most come to a forum looking for an answer to a question, and once they have that answer they leave and never come back. If it weren't for us old dinosaurs there would be no activity on any forum. The core membership of any forum is about 10 or 15 percent of the total registered users.

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Thanks but I know that. Lol. But I never rebuilt a diesel. I need to know where I can get a good rebuild kit. Not a Chinese thing. Thanks in advance! Idk what rebuild kits are good for kubota
Many parts for engines come from China today, and there is absolutely no way to know the quality without having some previous experience with those parts. If you don't want to take any chances, then find a reliable engine rebuilder to do your machine work and ask them for recommendations on where they would get a kit from. Some might not be willing to share that knowledge with you but will offer to sell you a rebuild kit. I would buy the kit from them and let them make a profit on the kit because if you don't have any experience rebuilding an engine, you are definitely going to need their expertise as you proceed.

Nutmeg

Equipment
Kubota D722
Mar 10, 2023
Pa
Many parts for engines come from China today, and there is absolutely no way to know the quality without having some previous experience with those parts. If you don't want to take any chances, then find a reliable engine rebuilder to do your machine work and ask them for recommendations on where they would get a kit from. Some might not be willing to share that knowledge with you but will offer to sell you a rebuild kit. I would buy the kit from them and let them make a profit on the kit because if you don't have any experience rebuilding an engine, you are definitely going to need their expertise as you proceed.
OK. Thank you! My dad has rebuilt diesel engines before but never a kubota. It has ART pistons in it currently. Are those any good? Idk if they are factory or if it was rebuilt at some point

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Where is the other thread? Possibly as a moderator you could merge this thread with the other thread to keep everything together.
The Moderator is busy at the moment.... 🥴

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is the other thread: