COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XJman

Apr 12, 2020
US
At this point I don't think anyone knows. It will burn itself out but when, who knows. The politicians, and I have no love for any of them are in a tough spot. Make the right decision and they look like heroes, make the wrong one and more people are infected. With summer and warm weather coming they know and we all know there is no way people are gonna stay locked up in their homes. This spring I sold my old outboard and bought a new one because I'm lucky enough to live on the water and I know that the only way I'd be staying home is to be able to get out of this cottage. Tough times ahead, I hope not, better times I'm all in. :D
Honestly, at this point i think the average politician is making strives to protect their people while we ride the wave. Contrary to many alarmists the global economy is strong enough to weather this long term it's just a matter of waiting.

Honestly i didn't pay the entire Kung flu any mind until it tore through where i work. 2 guys died and several had hospital stays. That's the point that it became real. I think there are many people who haven't seen it yet that won't quite grasp why the panic is what it is until it moves to their lives.

Just like anything we will all float on alright in the end.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I have to set up an "illegal" meeting with my hair cut lady pretty soon as my state (Maine) has considered this and many other businesses non-essential.

Meanwhile all the Marijuana shops in Maine have been deemed essential business and those customers and businesses continue to operate.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I have to set up an "illegal" meeting with my hair cut lady pretty soon as my state (Maine) has considered this and many other businesses non-essential.

Meanwhile all the Marijuana shops in Maine have been deemed essential business and those customers and businesses continue to operate.
Keeps the natives from getting restless and rioting in the streets. The " hippies " used to say " dope will get you thru times of no money way better than money will get you thru times of no dope ".

Poohbear

Equipment
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
New report says the active ingredient in antacid tablets when given in IV form prevents C19 from reproducing. Just saw on morning tv news so no link. Antacid tablets will fly off the shelves today.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

Are the liquor stores still open in the state?

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Honestly, at this point i think the average politician is making strives to protect their people while we ride the wave. Contrary to many alarmists the global economy is strong enough to weather this long term it's just a matter of waiting.

Honestly i didn't pay the entire Kung flu any mind until it tore through where i work. 2 guys died and several had hospital stays. That's the point that it became real. I think there are many people who haven't seen it yet that won't quite grasp why the panic is what it is until it moves to their lives.

Just like anything we will all float on alright in the end.
What you may call "alarmism" is more often than not, personal urgency.

The needs of a family living pay check to pay check is quite different than any "politician" seems to grasp.

Those politicians should try live the life of of "their people". Then see what changes are made.

This is NOT a joint effort, There is a pronounced split in who is suffering from the epidemic.

Is your income "protected"? Essential? Indifferent. We must ask ourselves.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Interestingly, 2 weeks ago there was a huge rally in Lansing, Michigan protesting governor Whitmer's EO's some I considered draconian in nature however, saying that and now observing the result of that demonstration where the participants didn't wear face masks, didn't practice social distancing, in fact didn't take any steps to mitigate the transmission of the virus is coming home to roost.

Was 2 weeks ago and now the infection rate in Lansing, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and outlying communities is spiking up and quickly. However, in Metro Detroit (Wayne, Oakland and Macomb) counties the rate of infection is flat or declining. Guess those people get it. Too bad the rest of the state don't.

I attribute it to the millennial attitude that, I'll never get it cause I'm young and healthy so hell with the mask and social distancing rules, I'll do whatever I want to.

Got news for those idiots, One the virus has no vaccine, no cure. Two, it's highly contagious and 3, many of those millennial dorks will get very ill and some will die for their stupidity.

I will say I found some of the EO's to be trampling my Constitutional rights, but at the same time. in this society, the sheeple need to be led by the nose because they are incapable of rational and mature actions.

Oh well, poop happens. Ain't gonna happen here if we can help it. Have no issue with a mask, none with social distancing, in fact I like that part and washing hands often.

2 weeks passed and now it's 'play time'. me, I don't want to play that game.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Meanwhile....

There was a parade held in appreciation of the governor of South Dakota.

Video shows her out on the sidewalk all tearful. "A privileged to serve", her comment.

Appreciation for NOT shutting off the life and livelyhood of all residents of that great state . (I'm biased, having been born in S.D.)

I'm beginning to acknowledge that the shutdown is looking more like selfish old people stealing the lives of the young. Just like government does with deficit spending etc. Play now, Pay later.

We say we want the best for those to come, but not if it costs us a thing.

And I'm in the Wuhan flu vulnerable population,saying as much.

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/en/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_23_april_2020.pdf

Average age of Wuhan flu death. 81 years, with comorbidity. Deaths below age 40, trivial......

Do what you need to do, Take care of yourself. But it's not another's responsibility to do what you desire.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Meanwhile....

There was a parade held in appreciation of the governor of South Dakota.

Video shows her out on the sidewalk all tearful. "A privileged to serve", her comment.

Appreciation for NOT shutting off the life and livelyhood of all residents of that great state . (I'm biased, having been born in S.D.)

I'm beginning to acknowledge that the shutdown is looking more like selfish old people stealing the lives of the young. Just like government does with deficit spending etc. Play now, Pay later.

We say we want the best for those to come, but not if it costs us a thing.

And I'm in the Wuhan flu vulnerable population,saying as much.

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/en/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_23_april_2020.pdf

Average age of Wuhan flu death. 81 years, with comorbidity. Deaths below age 40, trivial......

Do what you need to do, Take care of yourself. But it's not another's responsibility to do what you desire.
Wow, I sure hope you're not in the majority. You're concern for other people is overwhelming. :eek::rolleyes:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
From the chart of deaths by pre-existing conditions, it indicates those with type-2 diabetes only were at risk, not type-1. Would be interesting to know why the differentiation.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I'm sure people will stay true to past behavior, and the ones who are screaming about their rights being violated and want all restrictions lifted immediately will be the ones who will sue the government for not protecting them when they or their relatives get sick or die.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I'm sure people will stay true to past behavior, and the ones who are screaming about their rights being violated and want all restrictions lifted immediately will be the ones who will sue the government for not protecting them when they or their relatives get sick or die.
Personal responsibility is a forgotten value.

Sad. Isn't it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Selfish old people,,humm not sure how you came up with that but its your call. People are responsible for their own actions, you take what precautions you need to to be safe and keep those around you safe. Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances, if you think you are 10 feet tall bullet proof and are to strong and young, then go for it. Me, I guess I am one of those old selfish people that wants to see tomorrow.

Poohbear

Equipment
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Selfish old people,,humm not sure how you came up with that but its your call. People are responsible for their own actions, you take what precautions you need to to be safe and keep those around you safe. Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances, if you think you are 10 feet tall bullet proof and are to strong and young, then go for it. Me, I guess I am one of those old selfish people that wants to see tomorrow.
Well said Skeets. It just goes right past me WHY I'm selfish by staying as isolated as My Wife & I can. She is is fighting Parkinson's Disease now and doesn't need C19 on top of that. I'll stay selfish plus I don't care who it ticks off.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What baffles me is why if the leaders and the people in the US are so smart, intelligent and well educated, why is it that we have 1/3 of the total cases in the whole world????

You would think that if we were that smart we wouldn't have let it get out of hand like it has.

But hey we'll just "open back up" and we'll see how this goes! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.