code P06060 after jump start

jtausch

Equipment
L3901/bcr1290 brush hog box blade
Apr 10, 2015
oklahoma city oklahoma
Hello Today I had to jump start my L3901HST. after it was running It showed a code P06060 it stayed on the entire time I ran the tractor. I ran it for over an hour hour and it stayed flashing all the time.
tractor is 1 1/2 yeas old

When I shut the tractor off and tried to restart tractor , the starter would turn over a few times than click. or could the charging system be wacked? and what caused the P06060 code?:mad:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Dont know what the code represents, unless you misread the flashes. P0606 is an ecm internal fault in automotive OBD lingo.

Disconnect battery and recharge it.wouldnt hurt to have it tested. A slipping alternator belt could be the problem. Important to disconnect battery and allow ecm to restart with good voltage.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
One thing to take into account the with having to jump start the new tier 4 engines, and any tractor with an ecm. Low voltage to the sensors will make them pop and throw a code. With the ECM, it's usually communication errors.

If you jump off a tractor and the alternator isn't working, once voltage drops down to a certain point on the battery. The motor will start spitting out codes since it doesn't have enough juice to maintain proper communication. Some codes will occasionally pop that leave the tractor perpetually in limp mode till the code has been reset by the dealer.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Hello Today I had to jump start my L3901HST. after it was running It showed a code P06060
Have you got an extra 0 in there somewhere? Maybe tractors are different, but with automobiles, OBDII powertrain fault codes starting with 0 are generic codes, and those are 4 digits. (if it started with a 1, then it's manufacturer specific and could be 5 digits).

A P0606 would indicate a problem with the computer itself (last 3 digits are 6xx). Maybe it suffered a voltage spike when jump started or maybe it's just remembering the low-voltage event. If it's running ok, then the code may disappear after 50 successful restarts.

Again, my experience is with automobiles. I've never worked on a PCM controlled tractor so the standard may be different.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Hello Today I had to jump start my L3901HST. after it was running It showed a code P06060 it stayed on the entire time I ran the tractor. I ran it for over an hour hour and it stayed flashing all the time.
tractor is 1 1/2 yeas old
I'm wondering why a year and a half old tractor would have a dead battery?

Is the tractor stored under cover, or sit outside?

It does sound like the battery is dead and/or the alternator isn't working. Since is should still be under warranty, I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I would be willing to bet that the codes are standard; same as an automobile.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I don't think I would mention the jump-start to the dealer. No point giving them any excuses.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
PO606 probably. It is a code that suggests ecu voltage dropping lower than a threshold that is programmed into the ECU. Once it goes below that voltage for X amount of time, it will throw a PO606. A low or dead battery will cause it for sure. The dealer will need to check the wiring harness for corrosion at the ECU, then test the KAPOWR and ground wiring. If those check out with "normal" resistance, then they will remove the code from the ECU and the panel and send you on your way.

Now here is the important thing. If you tell the dealer that you had to jump start it, they might write it off as iit being the cause. But most important is that they check the wiring harness and the ECU connector for corrosion-as this seems to have been a point of interest with a few tractors.

jtausch

Equipment
L3901/bcr1290 brush hog box blade
Apr 10, 2015
oklahoma city oklahoma
charged battery tractor now starts but its still not fully charged and still have code. I must of bumped the emergency flashers getting out the last time i used it.. 4 days later I turned them off. couple more days I tried to restart found dead battery. probably will remove battery so i can get a full charge on it.

Tractor stays under covered carport:cool: