Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Reactions: 1 user

Sam L Series

Equipment
Kubota L3301, Forks, Loader, Tiller
May 3, 2020
Florida
You can purchase the Mystic JT-5 in a 5 gallon bucket on line shipped to your door for less then $75.

Yes you can, and Autozone also will order it.

Mystic JT-5 also has a synthetic Blend
Mystik® JT-5® Synthetic Blend TFX Trans-Hydraulic Tractor Fluid

I also talked with them about the difference between UDT and SUDT and UDT2
seem that UDT2 is for colder weather climates.. I live in Florida... 90s 100s

Thanks

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
And what is Autozone's price? I check one time about 2 years ago with the local Oreilly Auto Parts and their price was $100 for 5 gal. had to order it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Thanks
Talked with who? The idiots at Autozone. They don't know poop from applebutter. All they want to do is sell you something.

• Sad

Sam L Series

Equipment
May 3, 2020
Florida
And what is Autozone's price? I check one time about 2 years ago with the local Oreilly Auto Parts and their price was $100 for 5 gal. had to order it.
They Matched online pricing of $69
they order it and its in by next day. So they say.

Last edited:

Sam L Series

Equipment
May 3, 2020
Florida
Talked with who? The idiots at Autozone. They don't know poop from applebutter. All they want to do is sell you something.
so not calling people idiots, nice...
I talked with, WARREN OIL COMPANY, LLC , Auto Zones supplier/dealer rep, CITGO Products, and Kubota product support.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
so not calling people idiots, nice...
I talked with, WARREN OIL COMPANY, LLC , Auto Zones supplier/dealer rep, CITGO Products, and Kubota product support.
You stated that at the outset but then chimed in with Autozone. Most employees at the discount auto parts emporiums are idiots. Not all but the majority are.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
Well I needed 5 buckets. They had one in Springfield, Mo. Back then the online price was $64 and that was including shipping. I wasn't interested in testing their delivery for 5 from wherever. I was changing out the oil in a skid steer and wasn't waiting.

I own a few HST Kubotas and I only use Kubota's hyd oil. I enjoy working on mechanical things, but I don't enjoy causing the problems that require the work!

Sam L Series

Equipment
May 3, 2020
Florida
You stated that at the outset but then chimed in with Autozone. Most employees at the discount auto parts emporiums are idiots. Not all but the majority are.
Just doing my research. to go to a Kubota dealer round trip is just to far, looking local for maintenance items...
I do think that there are some good quality products that are not OEM... every manufacture sells there own, that does not mean that all the others are bad. I have boats and truck all use Rotella... I even put Rotella T6 15w-40 in my Kubota... so as needed I research new products.
Thanks for you response.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Thanks
Yes Mystic JT5 is what I use, and if they have a full synthetic go with that, it's their new option.

Let me clear up a little info for you.
UDT is 100% dino, it ok but not really the best for a Hydro tractor.
UDT2 was a semi synthetic version and it's long been discontinued.
SUDT2 is a 100% synthetic and is best for a HST tractor.

Really has nothing to do with how hot you are , all fluids perform well in the heat, where synthetic holds up better in the heat than dino, and won't break down until a much much higher temp.
Cold now on the other hand is a completely different subject...

You going to get better all around performance and protection from SUDT2.
UDT was designed for Gear drive tractors, does not flow as well at any temp in a hydro.
UDT will give it a way more pronounced whine the SUDT2.

Mystic JT5 synthetic will be about or equal to SUDT2 in performance and noise reduction.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Let me clear up a little info for you.
UDT is 100% dino, it ok but not really the best for a Hydro tractor.
UDT2 was a semi synthetic version and it's long been discontinued.
SUDT2 is a 100% synthetic and is best for a HST tractor.
Not trying to start a fight but the below is a snapshot from kubotaUSA web site FAQ's page about Super UDT2:
Super UDT2.jpg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Of course they say that. They sell it.
Mark -

The basic principle of this discussion is are you willing to risk damage or poor performance from the 2nd most expensive part of your tractor....the hydrostatic drive

Of course, the most expensive is the engine, but that can normally be rebuilt. In most cases, you can’t economically rebuild an HST.

A Diesel engine is a Diesel engine, but for the modern emissions attached to them. You can find parts for many/most, some OEM, some aftermarket. You can reliably rebuild them to as good as new.

A Kubota HST is a Kubota HST. Period. I don’t know if the HST components, or how many of them, are available....OEM or otherwise. I think the usual scenario is the HST is shot; get another one.

It’s odd to me that many guys here will use a very good non-Kubota motor oil without question as I do, but balk at hydraulic fluid.

Kubota isn’t asking for anyone to spend $30 for a tube of grease.....

Why to hell would you bitch about the cost of the fluid that actually makes the tractor usable?!?!

Trust me, not critical of your position. Heard it 1,000 times in 7 years here on OTT.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Do you know what UDT means...
Do you know what UDT means...
it is a ulti-purpose all-weather hydraulic fluid.

I wish it wast for HOt Weather like in FLorida 90s 100s... as a one fits all fluid, you get the good with the bad...

A thicker grade for hot climates for better protection and better performance. I seen loader lift decrease on hot days with the oil that came in my L3301...

as far as what Warren Oil Company's oil does, it seems to do all of the same as Kubota.
It does all of the same:

YES: Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid
YES: Improved transmission performance and protection at high and low operating temperatures
YES: friction characteristics on wet clutches enables smoother start off, drive control, and PTO connection
YES: Fully interchangeable with standard UDT and Super UDT fluids
YES: Superior corrosion resistance and efficient filterability protects transmission and hydraulic systems
YES: Improved transmission efficiency through reduction in power loss

Kubota does:
Kubota Super UDT2 Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid Information
Kubota Super UDT2 is a multi-purpose all-weather hydraulic fluid.This product is specifically recommended for use in the Kubota hydraulic, final drive, transmission, differential, and wet brake systems.
  • Kubota® Super UDT2 provides the following benefits to Kubota equipment:
  • Kubota Super UDT2 Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid
  • Improved transmission performance and protection at high and low operating temperatures
  • Unique friction characteristics on wet clutches enables smoother start off, drive control, and PTO connection
  • Fully interchangeable with standard UDT and Super UDT fluids
  • Superior corrosion resistance and efficient filterability protects transmission and hydraulic systems
  • Improved transmission efficiency through reduction in power loss
  • Meets Kubota’s stringent specifications

Just saying, seems to be a good oil.
I do have a fair idea of what UDT means.
The specs you post for Warren oil are far inferior to Super UDT II and I still see no proof that their oil is equivalent to SUDTII as you claim.

Why do you think that loader lift capacity is decreased by ambient temperature?

Sam L Series

Equipment
May 3, 2020
Florida
I do have a fair idea of what UDT means.
The specs you post for Warren oil are far inferior to Super UDT II and I still see no proof that their oil is equivalent to SUDTII as you claim.

Why do you think that loader lift capacity is decreased by ambient temperature?
I do not know why the L3301 lift does great then with scoops of damp sandy soil it has a hart time lifting more then two thirds up... When i first got my L3301 only three months ago (April 2020) I started digging a pond, I noticed that during that... so I am hoping that my 200 servive will help, if not will have it looked at, or just maybe it cannot lift a full bucket of damp sand.

Going to do a comparison video of before and after...

and Yes I know what UDT and SUDTII are... that's why I have been doing my do dillange research. open minded.
read a lot a company PDFs and made some phone calls to the right people. will also be making a video on that.

I got 10 gallons of coastal multitrac tractor flui AND STP multitrac tractor flui made by WARREN OIL COMPANY, LLC picking up 10 gallons of Mystik JT-5 Conventional Hydraulic Oil 5 Gallon AND Mystik® JT-5® Synthetic Blend TFX Trans-Hydraulic Tractor Fluid made by CITGO. and 10 gallons of Traveller Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid.
Also Kubota and NAPA filters. will need to cut them open.

they will also be talked about in the comparison video.

P.S. I have talked with some people who have used coastal multitrac tractor fluid.

Thanks for your response,

Sam L Series

Equipment
May 3, 2020
Florida
If your having loader performance issues on Kubota stock fluid, it's more than likely not the fluid that's the issue, there is some other issue affecting its performance, like a pressure relief valve, and clogged filter, a failing loader cylinder seal.
Bucket lift with good oil

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Mark -

The basic principle of this discussion is are you willing to risk damage or poor performance from the 2nd most expensive part of your tractor....the hydrostatic drive

The basic principle is that this "proprietary uber super dooper fluid" game is as old as the hills, and anybody who owns a motor vehicle should be on to it by now.

There are very, very few companies that are more honest than the bare minimum that serves their own self interest. Kubota's claim that ONLY their fluids are compatible proves they are not one of those few companies.

There is no magic and there are no secrets when it comes to lubricants. Any company that has the resources can buy a pail of UDT or UDT2 and easily duplicate it, and if you think they haven't already done so, you have drunk deeply of the Kool-Aid.

If you really think that anything that doesn't say Kubota on it is risking your transmission you just do not understand the real world.

That's not thinking, that's blind fanboyism.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
you have drunk deeply of the Kool-Aid.

If you really think that anything that doesn't say Kubota on it is risking your transmission you just do not understand the real world.

That's not thinking, that's blind fanboyism.
Dayum....guess I got a talkin’ to.:mad:

Oh Mr. Mark, please forgive me for conveying manufacturer’s recommendations.....😱

Understand that many new tractor owners use this Forum as a resource.

They’re obviously not as smart as you are.
Godspeed.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Wow, 58 comments about applebutter... Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.