Chrome Crash Fedora

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
using Fedora
updated chrome

now chrome can't reach the internet or anything......

on FFox now.

Any suggestions?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
using Fedora
updated chrome

now chrome can't reach the internet or anything......

on FFox now.

Any suggestions?

Coach,

I didnt know that Chrome ran on Linux! Then again it has been a while since I was on a Linux machine.
Have you tried to uninstall chrome and reinstall?
Is there any "messages" that come up to tell you what might be the problem?

hitechredneck

Equipment
L2501, Land Pride Rotary Cutter, Woods tiller, FEL, Dirt Dog box scraper
Sep 21, 2015
Belton, SC
Run the chrome binary from a command prompt.

That will let you see the standard error output and might give a hint what's going on.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
did a long overdue update of Fedora 20 and it fixed the chrome issue whatever it was.

Now Firefox video issues that I discovered later..... That's still there. According to research it is a common issue. Video image locks when going to full screen. Everything else stays working. Rarely use firefox so didn't know till yesterday there was a video issue. Was a PITA. So glad Chrome working now cause no issue w/video in Chrome.

Last edited:

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Crum! Sorry about the pain and glad of the ones you've resolved. VERY sorry to hear about your FF issues -- I recently switched to FF because Chrome suddenly got deathly sick. Extremely slow loading; sometimes not loading; stuttering in vids (any, not just YT); locking up. Couldn't correct it, even with a purge and new install. I don't go full-screen often, but it does work for me.

Lenovo i5-2400 CPU @ 3.1GHz; Win 7Pro 64-bit SP1; FFb4

You aren't running Beta FF are you?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I recently made the switch from Firefox to chrome. The Firefox that would load up was one of those cloned sites and not the real ff. If you clicked to add a tab, it would take you to one of those virus pages. Had to have the geak squad do some stuff to the puter as well :rolleyes:

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Nope not Beta
Could be a dependency, which could be solved via an update:
$ yum update

Or you could always (remove / re-install)
Make sure you have the right repo:
Add the repo lines to the following file:
/etc/yum.repos.d/google.repo

[google64]
name=Google - x86_64
baseurl=http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=https://dl-ssl.google.com/linux/linux_signing_key.pub

Then you can re-install (unistall your current package if applicable)
$ yum uninstall YOUR_CHROME_PACKAGE && yum install google-chrome-stable

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Could be a dependency, which could be solved via an update:
$ yum update
thanks.... did that previously. This did not help neither chrome or FFox.

Or you could always (remove / re-install)....
did that for chrome. Did not change anything.

Something in the update fixed it.

BUTTTT... mucho thanx for the advice. Glad to see a Linux person on here. Hope I can pick your brain at times if need be. For example Last time I updated the Fedora version from 17 to 20, I lost the whole hard drive and had to start all over with a new format. Would like to upgrade from 20 to 23 but a bit nervous cause of that. Issue last time was something about the Drive partition that holds linux files got too full from previous upgrade files etc. thus the partition wouldn't hold enough files which crashed the upgrade AND the previous versions would no longer work either resulting in a Bricked Operating system.

Any advice?

Don't want to bore folk here so maybe reply in PM.

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
Yikes!! haven't got a clue what you guys are talking about,, I thought this thread was about a shiny motorcycle helmet, perhaps the advantages of wearing one while blowing snow to keep warm and dry.

Cheers

Roger

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA

BUTTTT... mucho thanx for the advice. Glad to see a Linux person on here. Hope I can pick your brain at times if need be. For example Last time I updated the Fedora version from 17 to 20, I lost the whole hard drive and had to start all over with a new format. Would like to upgrade from 20 to 23 but a bit nervous cause of that. Issue last time was something about the Drive partition that holds linux files got too full from previous upgrade files etc. thus the partition wouldn't hold enough files which crashed the upgrade AND the previous versions would no longer work either resulting in a Bricked Operating system.

Any advice?

Any advice?

Sorry about the extremely late reply here, for some reason I did not see this in my pop-up and just was re-visiting some responses on here. My bad for not checking the thread again.

I am sure you have resolved this, but I would guess that it was a GRUB or similar loader issue. That was always (and still can be) an issue in this space. Happy to PM with issues and try and help resolve things.

frozenorangejuce

Equipment
BX1870 la203 loader AI2 quick attach 48" bucket 60" snow blade 60" box blade
Oct 5, 2020
The Tundra of MN
Sorry I’ve never been at a # prompt in about 30 years but I am old enough to think your post was about a chrome hat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I was thinking this post must be about a chrome motorcycle helmet.