CHAZ/CHOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I had heard that the reason why the wonderful mayor finally put an end to is that some of them were showing up in front of her house. Maybe BS, then again, maybe not.

Police took the CHOP area back in about 40 mins...could have been done 3 weeks ago.
Will tomorrow's news headline read "Record homeless population in Seattle capitol district. Mayor to house them in abandoned retail buildings" ?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Will tomorrow's news headline read "Record homeless population in Seattle capitol district. Mayor to house them in abandoned retail buildings" ?
It should read..."Mayor to house them in her own mansion".You know, since their all friends and chit...Summer of peaceful protesting... my arse.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This is a truck driver in Minneapolis, Mn.

We've got problems, Houston.

Those people were terrorists. Plain and simple. Police should be in there cleaning the idiots off the interstate. If the cops can't handle it. Then the governor needs to send in the national guard. There's no.excuse for it what so ever.

The whole shutting down the interstate, the violence, and looting all have negative effects on what there message is.

I bet you soon, businesses will be moving and stores will be closing. Why should they stick around and worry whether or not their employees will be able to get to work, if their employees will be safe, or if someone will burn down there buisiness.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I think that I would lay on the horn and go forward. Could not imagine what would have happen if the truck was full of fuel and they got one of the valves open. And if it was empty the fumes would be just as dangerous.

And think of the repercussions if the trucking companies refuse to go into the black neighborhoods for fear of the dangers of being attacked. Labeled raciest if they refuse service and then liable if someone is run over or the truck explodes. Damned if you do and damned if you do not go into the mess.

And the driver safety issue! He had to be in fear for his life and if he did run over someone they might revoke is CDL and he no longer has a job.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think that I would lay on the horn and go forward. Could not imagine what would have happen if the truck was full of fuel and they got one of the valves open. And if it was empty the fumes would be just as dangerous.

And think of the repercussions if the trucking companies refuse to go into the black neighborhoods for fear of the dangers of being attacked. Labeled raciest if they refuse service and then liable if someone is run over or the truck explodes. Damned if you do and damned if you do not go into the mess.

And the driver safety issue! He had to be in fear for his life and if he did run over someone they might revoke is CDL and he no longer has a job.
I gotta a sneaking suspicion, to many incidents like that and the trucking buisiness will shut down the city due to safety concerns for their drivers. If the city isn't getting food, and fuel deliveries, I bet the city government will poop and get off the pot.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If I was that truck driver, and the guy on the hood trying to kick in the windshield....if I had a pistol in there for self protection.... it'd be aimed right at him!

It's a democratic state. Been democratic since 1961. They don't believe that crowd is doing anything inappropriate.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Big Boy restaurants are replacing the boy with a hamburger with a girl and a chicken sandwich.

Wendy’s getting rid of girl. Big Boys getting rid of boy. Do these pictures influence where one eats?

1594218206892.png

We are afraid to offend.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Big Boy restaurants are replacing the boy with a hamburger with a girl and a chicken sandwich.

Wendy’s getting rid of girl. Big Boys getting rid of boy. Do these pictures influence where one eats?

View attachment 45609

We are afraid to offend.
Did I fall asleep and end up back in grade school?? Someone won't eat it because there is a boy or girl in the logo.

I once went to a restaraunt called "Dick's". It was a sports bar that was actually well known for for a poor sarcastic attitude from it's wait staff. And they built a buisiness model around it. But it was all in fun and games. And the wait staff quite literally acted like (insert the name of the restaraunt) as the name implied.

So you go in and eat your food, have a few brews and the wait staff gave you crap, and were smart as$as. But they expected you to give them crap back and there were points for originality 👍👍👍

I'm thinking that half the people susceptible to the boy/ girl logo mindset would end up crying for momma before they got their checks in that establishment.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Did I fall asleep and end up back in grade school?? Someone won't eat it because there is a boy or girl in the logo.

I once went to a restaraunt called "Dick's". It was a sports bar that was actually well known for for a poor sarcastic attitude from it's wait staff. And they built a buisiness model around it. But it was all in fun and games. And the wait staff quite literally acted like (insert the name of the restaraunt) as the name implied.

So you go in and eat your food, have a few brews and the wait staff gave you crap, and were smart as$as. But they expected you to give them crap back and there were points for originality 👍👍👍

I'm thinking that half the people susceptible to the boy/ girl logo mindset would end up crying for momma before they got their checks in that establishment.
Did it happen to be "Dicks Last Resort" in las Vegas? That place is a blast.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Did it happen to be "Dicks Last Resort" in las Vegas? That place is a blast.
No, it wasn't Vegas. This was one down in South Florida. I honestly can't remember if they had more of a name then that. I visited it once over 12 years ago. I was down there for work and my boss was originally from that area. He just said "let's go to dick's for lunch". So while we were down there for the day auditing another location, we went there.

It was a blast though, even if I couldn't drink.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

You was that young huh ,,,snicker

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

You was that young huh ,,,snicker
I couldnt drink because I had another few hours of work left, then a three hour drive back to Orlando in a commercial vehicle. 😉😉😉😉 I had to behave 😁😁😁

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
But... he looks like such a nice guy!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
I find it difficult to understand how the entire country is under protest because police choke/kill a man in Minneapolis and other places. Yes, it's wrong. However, getting in your face, throwing objects through other people's property, stealing...how does that reflect on the entire protest? Are these protesters actually that ignorant?

Whenever I see a BLM sign I think of Margaret Sanger. Blacks do not understand her not wanting them around. It was polished with a friendly name "planned parenthood", but her goal was to kill them off. She began placing her clinics in poor black neighborhoods. https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryla...0200104-opc3c76o4na47mtdtun4nvqw3y-story.html

Show me where a person was injured by any policeman where the person in contact with the police was NOT violating a law. Police are to protect and serve (the community). If one violates a law expect a reprimand. Instead to escalating to larger/more crime, de-escalate criminal activity and interaction with law enforcement lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.