Chainsaw Holder?

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Does anyone know where/how this is mounted onto the frame? I bought one of these: http://www.sawgrip.com/sg-vert.html with the intention to replicate Paul Short's design. I know he isn't on here much anymore, so wanted to reach out and see if anyone has ideas. I thought I might be able to attach it to the ROPS, but I think I like this side mount better, if I can figure it out. Left my chainsaw lying on the ground overnight yesterday, so it's time to figure this out.
I bought one of those thinking I was going to mount it on the backside of the ROPS, but that didn't work out. I wound up cutting the mount off, welding a piece of square tubing on the backside, and bolting that tubing to a couple of existing holes on the fender. The chainsaw bar sits inside of the fender and the motor sits on top of the fender. Might not work too good on a BX though.

WoodyBlue

Equipment
L2501DT
Mar 18, 2017
Taylorsville, KY, USA
Has anybody seen or ever made a chainsaw holder? I'd love to see a picture or two of what you have done. I feel they have to be out there,.... Somewhere. Or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks to all!

Chris
I like the idea of the Byte Tyte saw scabbards. made of aluminum, a softer metal than your blade so it won't dull it, and holds by clamping on the bar. It also has no holes drilled so you can do you own mounting as your need it. They make them in different bar lengths or the universal one like I have on both sides of my carry-all. Didn't want or need it on the tractor all the time.

[/URL][/IMG]

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I really like that Byte Tyte WoodyBlue. Thanks for posting pics of that. (and your sweet tractor!)

So that is the universal one. Good to know.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Kolpin makes one like the byte tite that you can clamp to the ROPS that works well.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I like that one. Works with the ROPs up or down.